Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS430 owner vehicles

LS430 on Fortune Auto MSC 1-Way

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-20, 11:01 PM
jpetelo
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default LS430 on Fortune Auto MSC 1-Way

Building a daily driver, just thought I'd share these Fortune Auto Muller coilovers. I bought these with ride comfort as my top priority. Ive had ksports, bc racing, universal air, airforce suspension, and Broadway air suspension. These by far are the most comfortable next to Broadway. I bought the car from a dealer, I guess they swapped the OEM Air with some brand called Suncore, they weren't horrible but they weren't the best either. Put a subwoofer in the trunk and you could noticeably see the unevenness in the drop. The struts also rode kinda rough on **** roads. No regrets on this purchase, quality stuff from Fortune Auto!

Last edited by jpetelo; 03-02-20 at 11:14 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by jpetelo:
Chucky1 (03-03-20), DarthBacon (07-27-23)
Old 03-05-20, 12:50 PM
YannG
Intermediate

Received 155 Likes on 81 Posts

I like the build so far, fitment is pretty much spot on for running static! I would get some different center caps for the wheels

Keep up the good work
Old 03-08-20, 10:07 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 431 Likes on 355 Posts

Your build looks awesome so far! Those 7 Series wheels look great.

I’ve been wondering if the Fortune Auto coilovers were worth the upgrade from BC Racing. It sounds like a big difference from your post. Scan you order them with custom spring rates like the BC’s?
Old 03-08-20, 10:23 AM
jpetelo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by YannG
I like the build so far, fitment is pretty much spot on for running static! I would get some different center caps for the wheels

Keep up the good work
Thanks! Yes haha I have some clear silver gel overlays and adhesive Lexus emblems on the way, just didn’t wanna ride with the hub exposed. And had to change my ride height about and inch and a half too much rubbing, wheels are pretty aggressive with the 12mm spacer up front.
Old 03-08-20, 10:29 AM
jpetelo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kira X
Your build looks awesome so far! Those 7 Series wheels look great.

I’ve been wondering if the Fortune Auto coilovers were worth the upgrade from BC Racing. It sounds like a big difference from your post. Scan you order them with custom spring rates like the BC’s?
The Muller line that they have are for grand touring use and only have applications for Lexus, benz, bmw, Porsche, Etc. I can’t speak for the 500 series they have. As for the custom spring rates, the Muller line comes with swift spring standard and yes you can choose your spring rate. Just drove from SD to LA rides perfect turned the dampening down since I raised my ride height. The only thing is my 12k springs in the front are too soft for the fitment I’m trying to achieve, so I might be going up to 18k.
The following users liked this post:
dellthecomputer (07-21-23)
Old 03-09-20, 07:17 AM
jpetelo
Driver School Candidate

Update on the Center Caps

The following 2 users liked this post by jpetelo:
BradT (11-10-23), Peacebay (03-09-20)
Old 03-11-20, 06:42 PM
jpetelo
Driver School Candidate

Finished her up for now. Had to raise the fronts up because of rubbing, thinking about ordering new calipers then face milling them 12mm to get rid of the spacer. Anyone know how unsafe that would be?

Old 03-11-20, 06:55 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 431 Likes on 355 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by jpetelo
The Muller line that they have are for grand touring use and only have applications for Lexus, benz, bmw, Porsche, Etc. I can’t speak for the 500 series they have. As for the custom spring rates, the Muller line comes with swift spring standard and yes you can choose your spring rate. Just drove from SD to LA rides perfect turned the dampening down since I raised my ride height. The only thing is my 12k springs in the front are too soft for the fitment I’m trying to achieve, so I might be going up to 18k.
Thank you for the reply. I’ll have to get a set then. They sound exactly like what I’ve been wanting for my LS. Can the coilovers go really low?
Old 03-11-20, 08:52 PM
jpetelo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kira X
Thank you for the reply. I’ll have to get a set then. They sound exactly like what I’ve been wanting for my LS. Can the coilovers go really low?
not sure how low they can go, but at my current ride height in the picture above I still have 85mm left to drop on the front shock and 143mm in the rear (it does have a max point the body can travel so not really 143) if I maxed it out I’m pretty sure it would be slammed. Another company I saw while doing research but don’t know how they ride are RSR Black:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rs-...2001-2006/amp/

they also claim to have a comfortable ride 🤷🏾‍♂️

Last edited by jpetelo; 03-11-20 at 08:59 PM.
Old 03-17-20, 11:15 PM
jpetelo
Driver School Candidate

Lowered the car, fenders buckled in. So I took it to my boy’s shop (Executive Elite Autobody) I used a hammer and dolly to pull the fenders out and “flare them out” then my boy Chris did the body work to give it that oem look.

Also got some B&G 18k springs for the front and threw my 12k swifts in the rear. Gotta say they are still pretty comfortable and are as good as the swift springs. And I was able to lower the car and not have any rubbing issues.

I’ll post it when it’s all painted and complete.

Last edited by jpetelo; 03-17-20 at 11:19 PM.
Old 06-16-20, 08:29 AM
jpetelo
Driver School Candidate

Ended up changing the wheels to some Leon Hardiritt Grals, stiffening my springs 18k/12k, and molded a front lip on my front bumper.

The following users liked this post:
WILLYumD (06-18-20)
Old 06-17-20, 10:06 AM
onthelo
Intermediate

Received 125 Likes on 71 Posts

Lip looks nice molded although I opted to not mold incase something happens to it but love your build. Keep up the nice work!
Old 06-17-20, 11:40 AM
jpetelo
Driver School Candidate

Thanks man! Yea i would have liked to not mold it for future purposes, but it just looked way cleaner this way.
Old 06-18-20, 08:04 AM
YannG
Intermediate

Received 155 Likes on 81 Posts

Looks good, love the lip! Did you get it from Japan or in the states?
Old 06-18-20, 08:21 AM
jpetelo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by YannG
Looks good, love the lip! Did you get it from Japan or in the states?
Thanks. It’s the knock off one from EBay, surprisingly fits well, since it’s frp I reinforced the back side with panel bond.

Quick Reply: LS430 on Fortune Auto MSC 1-Way