Build Threads Details on Club Lexus RC-F owner vehicles

Orange RC-F Arkansas

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-20 | 09:56 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Nice. I am surprised you felt RCF relatively speaking would not do well. Again, I am not aware of what cars were in the group in the rally, but I can see some 370Z, Mustangs, BMW, Audi, S2000 etc. and on a windy/twisty my experience is RCF does very well on those roads especially with the PS4S XL tires I got now. Much better than the OEM PSS tires. For tight and slower speed turns, I always use 'slalom' mode as it really emphasizes initial steering/turning response off-center from the steering.

Steering feel is OK. I believe you have wider front tires as well so that also takes out some steering feel. For more steering feel, you can do the RR Racing control arm USRS polyurethane bushings. I am planning on doing it next year in 2021 after winter season is over as well.
Old 08-26-20 | 05:55 PM
Darrell2
Driver

I've been doing autocross and weekend events in miatas for at least 13 years. One of my most hardcore builds was built with weekend curvy road driving in mind. After getting use to a 364rwhp miata built for curvy roads, you start to think that nothing can compare in that area. The RC-f does well for being in that weird GT/Sports car grey area, the steering is nowhere near as sharp as what I'm use to in my weekend car. I hope to improve on that through mods.

On the drive I was in the fast group with the Red TR ACR viper in the picture. Keeping up with that was a chore. The RC-F did it, but calculated risk were taken lol There is another rally comping up, I'm hoping to at least have the USRS installed by then. I believe I can do more with the car if I have the information I need through the steering. I'm hoping to take it to a few track events in 2021.

The following users liked this post:
05RollaXRS (08-27-20)
Old 08-27-20 | 07:19 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Awesome. Great picture! Did you get any video footage of your run? Would really like to see it. Cheers!
Old 09-03-20 | 06:27 PM
Darrell2
Driver

Old 09-03-20 | 06:29 PM
Darrell2
Driver

0-100

0-150ish
05RollaXRS (09-03-20)
Old 09-03-20 | 08:10 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Cool. Actually I saw your airstrip video a few days ago. Did not realize it was your RCF. Great videos.
Old 10-26-20 | 07:46 AM
Darrell2
Driver

I finally installed these. It wasn't too bad, start to finish hour and half to two hours. Not bad. Hoping to test em this week.

The following 3 users liked this post by Darrell2:
1A1 (10-26-20), konichiwa3 (10-26-20), linpaul76 (10-26-20)
Old 10-26-20 | 04:14 PM
1A1
Instructor

Nice. Let us know how you like them.

Steve
Old 11-15-20 | 05:36 PM
Darrell2
Driver

I went on my last big drive of the season. I did need an alignment after installing the new bushing kit. During normal driving it is really hard to tell if anything had changed. However when pushing the car hard, I could tell an immense difference. I received more feedback from the front wheels which is great, just what I needed. I was able to push the car further than before thanks to the confidence of knowing what's going on up front. I'm sure the 911 turbo and GT3 "loved" having the big body RC-F directly behind it during all the curvy roads. Again I'm quite surprised at how this car keeps up with much faster cars. I was able to stick with and occasionally pass cars that are far more superior on paper.

For now the current mod list will be making the payment lol. I do want to add a carbon hood, exhaust, and good coil overs at some point but that will have to wait a bit. 2020 has been a rough year for me financially, maybe 2021 will be better.

05RollaXRS (11-15-20)
Old 11-15-20 | 05:51 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Cool update. I am also going to get an alignment next year in the spring when I am driving it again and take it in for my next service. Never had it done on this car since I purchased back in 2017. Now with new Pilot Sport 4S tires, definitely got to do it. Good to hear you got some positive feedback from the front end. Do you happen to have the before and after on our alignment specs? Wondering how the camber looked before and after. Would like to see them. Thanks.
Old 11-15-20 | 07:48 PM
Darrell2
Driver

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Cool update. I am also going to get an alignment next year in the spring when I am driving it again and take it in for my next service. Never had it done on this car since I purchased back in 2017. Now with new Pilot Sport 4S tires, definitely got to do it. Good to hear you got some positive feedback from the front end. Do you happen to have the before and after on our alignment specs? Wondering how the camber looked before and after. Would like to see them. Thanks.
I don't have the specs. I'm still on factory suspension otherwise, so no issues meeting the factory alignment spec. Which is what the shop used. According to RR's guide, you should not use the bushing bracket to adjust any alignment component, which is strange because they slotted the housing when they did not have too. I think the main purpose was to make sure you had proper spacing so the components could move properly. The only time time I'd recommend deviating from the factory specs is if you have coil overs and a fully adjustable suspension, with a particular goal in mind like track racing.
Old 11-15-20 | 09:10 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Darrell2
I don't have the specs. I'm still on factory suspension otherwise, so no issues meeting the factory alignment spec. Which is what the shop used. According to RR's guide, you should not use the bushing bracket to adjust any alignment component, which is strange because they slotted the housing when they did not have too. I think the main purpose was to make sure you had proper spacing so the components could move properly. The only time time I'd recommend deviating from the factory specs is if you have coil overs and a fully adjustable suspension, with a particular goal in mind like track racing.
OK cool. So, I take you have the RR racing control arm bushings on the front? I am considering putting the FIGS solid control arm bushings next year. They are supposed to be stiffer than the RR racing Polyurethane ones.
Old 11-17-20 | 07:27 AM
Darrell2
Driver

linpaul76 (11-17-20)
Old 04-02-21 | 07:38 PM
Darrell2
Driver

I got these recently from another forum member. I think they look pretty neat. I had to shave one of them a bit to fit properly but it worked out.

Unfortunately I got a little over zealous putting one of the mirrors back on. This is the driver's side. You would not believe how much an OEM replacement is. I haven't ordered it just yet so if anyone has one......

05RollaXRS (04-03-21)
Old 04-03-21 | 01:23 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Looks great. Carbon fiber mirrors is my next mods on my to-do list as well.

Quick Reply: Orange RC-F Arkansas