Build Threads Details on Club Lexus RC-F owner vehicles

Orange RC-F Arkansas

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-21, 08:19 AM
Darrell2
Driver

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Add Tom's vinyl, I''m not exactly happy with it because they cut the holes for the F badge a little loo large. But it looks good 10ft away.

The following 2 users liked this post by Darrell2:
JDMJim (07-25-21), Meraki Autoworks (04-12-21)
Old 11-26-21, 08:08 PM
Darrell2
Driver

Its been a while since I have posted here. In the spring I added exhaust. I love and hate it. Its not rowdy enough for me but the sound is good. At some point I'll either delete the resonators or go with a valved system. Even my wife says its too quite. lol

I also had to replace the tires. I was surprised, I got 14k out of my pilot sports. The backs of course needed it more than the fronts.

This week I also completed the RR Tune. I did the remote option because I daily my RC-F. I've bee pleased so far. The process is a little odd, but then again I'm used to standalone etcs from my last projects. Once the ECU is learned in, I'll use my draggy to compare before and after numbers to post here.

The following users liked this post:
05RollaXRS (11-26-21)
Old 11-26-21, 11:05 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,495 Likes on 1,795 Posts

Funny, it is opposite with my wife. My wife thinks the Invidia is a bit too aggressive and the OEM exhaust sounded more "sophisticated". I was like OEM exhaust has no noise at all. I have thought about deleting resonators on my Invidia, but I love the pitch, tone, bass of the exhaust and am worried it might ruin the acoustic qualities. I take my kids in the car as well every once in a while so I don't want it to be too aggressive. I might end up doing it next spring, but still not 100% decided.

RR Racing ECU tune is my next option while my car is stored in the garage. Was it easy to do it remotely? Since I live very far away, I will be doing the same thing. What are your thoughts about RR Racing ECU tune? How do you like it and what differences do you feel? I have a SprintBooster v3 so it makes the car respond so fast and gives so much engine control that I really don't feel the need for an ECU tune, but I am going to do it for the hell of it anyway. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Old 11-27-21, 11:23 AM
Darrell2
Driver

Well, my wife and I met while street racing. So I guess its to be expected. I drive an orange car, might has well have make some noise too. lol

The process wasn't too bad. Just a few steps you have to follow, it's not going to radically change the car like it would a boosted car. However the big takeaways is better throttle response, higher rev limit, better mid-range, and no speed limiter. I "think" the car can do 194? Does anyone know? To me those things make it worth it. Once the ecu has some time to do self learning, I'll use my draggy tool to compare performance. I really don't expect a massive difference, but until you add boost that's to be expected.
Old 11-27-21, 11:31 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,495 Likes on 1,795 Posts

Originally Posted by Darrell2
Well, my wife and I met while street racing. So I guess its to be expected. I drive an orange car, might has well have make some noise too. lol

The process wasn't too bad. Just a few steps you have to follow, it's not going to radically change the car like it would a boosted car. However the big takeaways is better throttle response, higher rev limit, better mid-range, and no speed limiter. I "think" the car can do 194? Does anyone know? To me those things make it worth it. Once the ecu has some time to do self learning, I'll use my draggy tool to compare performance. I really don't expect a massive difference, but until you add boost that's to be expected.
Thanks for the input. Definitely, sounds worth it. I got some of those benefits from the SprintBooster v3 especially throttle response, but adding actual HP and torque is one of the things that is nice to have (mostly for bragging rights since I don't race anyone). Not too sure about the top speed. It is limited to 170 mph so drag limited 194 mph might be possible. Not that it matters to me since I am never taking mine to the Autobahn.

If you are looking for every ounce of performance then I would recommend AG lightweight battery. I shaved off nearly 30 lbs at the front and the battery is strong as hell. It makes the car run so much better and the engine crank at startup is ridiculously fast.

Would be interesting to see draggy runs. I plan to do the same next spring and possibly a dyno run with all of the mods. Please do make some videos if you choose to go down the resonators delete path as listening to it in a video might just put my concerns to rest before the next spring arrives. Cheers!