Orange RC-F Arkansas

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-20, 11:10 AM
Darrell2
Driver

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Orange RC-F Arkansas

Hey gang,

I guess I'm new to this forum. I have been lurking for a month or so now at wheels. Gosh they are so pricey and I can't decide. Anywho, I've been building miatas for the past 15 years and needed a break. I wanted a unique GT car that would be decent at corners. I've had my orange RC for about 3 months now. I love it, its bone stock aside from a logo change and a axle back. I plan on doing more to the car but its going to be a bit. This is a way pricier car to mod that a miata.

Miata builds:
2004 msm https://www.miataturbo.net/build-thr...pics%2A-80727/
1999 aspirations of 300+ HP https://www.miataturbo.net/build-thr...gt3076r-92455/
2000 back to basics https://www.miataturbo.net/build-thr...-basics-97745/

The following 2 users liked this post by Darrell2:
Jonn73 (05-08-20), JT2MA71 (05-09-20)
Old 05-08-20, 11:23 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,495 Likes on 1,795 Posts

Welcome. Yours is pretty much identical to mine. Share your sentiment. I have Invidia full catback and more aggressive PS4S-XL tires. It handles like a charm especially in sport+/manual and TVD in slalom.
Old 05-08-20, 11:52 AM
Darrell2
Driver

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Welcome. Yours is pretty much identical to mine. Share your sentiment. I have Invidia full catback and more aggressive PS4S-XL tires. It handles like a charm especially in sport+/manual and TVD in slalom.
That exhaust is on my buylist. My current exhaust is supposedly at 94db. I find it sounds good but is still quiet outside the car. I want more. What are your thoughts on it?
Old 05-08-20, 01:20 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, I think you have Tanabe Medallion from what I can see in the pictures. It is an axle back and not a full cat back. I have the Invidia full catback. You gain around 20 whp with a full cat back as well. It will be louder than your Tanabe axle back, but not by a lot. It is very melodic, very pleasing and beautiful sound rather than the brash, brawny and rumbly noise, which is what I exactly wanted. I wanted it to sound sophisticated and almost exotic, which is what Invidia does. Also, the build quality on Invidia with the titanium burnt blue tips, is phenomenal.

For louder exhausts, you might have to look at other options. Valved exhausts are the loudest, but they would cost considerably more. It depends on your budget. Borla used to make a full cat back, which was brawny and with a loud rumble and similarly priced to the Invidia, but they discontinued it. There is ARK full cat back as well, which is louder than Invidia and has similar tone/pitch. However, I have heard Invidia build quality is superior to that of the ARK. You can check with Josh at Meraki (vendor on this site) on it as well.
Old 05-09-20, 10:44 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 699 Likes on 613 Posts

Nice! Welcome! Can't wait to see your build.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 05-11-20, 04:19 PM
Darrell2
Driver

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Nice! Welcome! Can't wait to see your build.

-Josh

Thanks hoping we can get those wheels lined out soon.
Old 06-01-20, 09:37 AM
Darrell2
Driver

I didn't think I would be able to get wheels so soon but things somehow worked out. Big shout out to Josh @ Meraki Autoworks for a good deal and customer support.

I reused the tires off my factory wheels so don't make fun if they seem a little stretched. I wanted to test fitment to see what tire I need to use and if I need/want to lower the car. I am a function over form kinda guy so I need to make sure there is no rub.

These fit like the factory wheels, this offset seems to work good with these.

Gram Lights 57DR in Semi Gloss Black
Front 19x9.5 +35 265/35/19 Pilot Sports
Rear 19x10.5 +35 285/35/19 Pilot Sports
Project KICS R40 Iconix in black

I was surprised to find that the factory wheels were lighter than expected. For those who are interested, here are my approximate weights:

Stock Fronts 22lbs
Stock Rears 27lbs

57DR Fronts 18lbs
57DR Rears 22lbs

Back when I did Miatas, we would do everything possible to shave weight. I know the RC-F is heavy and there has been some discussion on weight reduction, it would seem that lighter wheels only shave off a negligible amount of weight. I bet I add that back with wider tires.

The following users liked this post:
05RollaXRS (06-01-20)
Old 06-01-20, 07:30 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Looks great. While wheels weight reduction not seem like much, but since it is unsprung rotational mass, the effect is much bigger than what the numbers tell.
Old 06-28-20, 07:29 PM
Darrell2
Driver

I've been looking a bit and can't seem to find any solid info. With the Swift lowering springs, do I need the adjustable upper control arms to get a dead on alignment? https://www.shopfigs.com/v3/3IS4GSRC...PERREARLINKADJ
Old 06-29-20, 10:42 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 699 Likes on 613 Posts

Thanks just saw the shoutout, Car and wheels look great.

You don't need the fronts as much as the rears. The rears are like 80% people purchase, the fronts maybe like 15%. Unless you're tracking your vehicle and need spot on alignment.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 06-30-20, 07:08 AM
initiald2k
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice wheels setup!
How does the exhaust sound? Also considering the Tanabe.
Old 07-02-20, 08:32 PM
Darrell2
Driver

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Thanks just saw the shoutout, Car and wheels look great.

You don't need the fronts as much as the rears. The rears are like 80% people purchase, the fronts maybe like 15%. Unless you're tracking your vehicle and need spot on alignment.

-Josh
Thats interesting. I was hoping for more of a yes/no. Funny how those camber arms are the price of springs. So much for decent coilovers right now.

Originally Posted by initiald2k
Nice wheels setup!
How does the exhaust sound? Also considering the Tanabe.
I like it. Its a bit more aggressive than stock while only being a little louder than stock. It has a nice note and does not drone. It sound great at high revs and is fairly aggressive outside the car but still not quite loud enough for me. I'll probably be posting it for sale soon. I would like to move to the Invidia Q300 soon.
Old 07-03-20, 08:39 AM
dmc61403
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Darrell2
Thats interesting. I was hoping for more of a yes/no. Funny how those camber arms are the price of springs. So much for decent coilovers right now.

I like it. Its a bit more aggressive than stock while only being a little louder than stock. It has a nice note and does not drone. It sound great at high revs and is fairly aggressive outside the car but still not quite loud enough for me. I'll probably be posting it for sale soon. I would like to move to the Invidia Q300 soon.

Hey man I’m in Conway and have been contemplating adding the Tanabe axle back to mine. Currently just have 2nd cat/res delete. Give me a shout when you get ready to sell it.
Old 07-03-20, 11:39 AM
Darrell2
Driver

Originally Posted by dmc61403
Hey man I’m in Conway and have been contemplating adding the Tanabe axle back to mine. Currently just have 2nd cat/res delete. Give me a shout when you get ready to sell it.

Oh wow you are super close. How soon do you want to do this?

Also I called RR Racing, them seem to the "Flyin Miata" of Lexus. They said the adjustable camber arm is not needed for the 1" drop that comes on the lowering springs or any coilover. I guess those are for folks that go lower or track cars that are looking for a certain spec.
Old 07-03-20, 12:05 PM
dmc61403
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just sent you a pm

Quick Reply: Orange RC-F Arkansas