Build Threads Details on Club Lexus IS-F owner vehicles

2014 Ultra White Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-20, 06:04 AM
PJSnow
Pit Crew

Received 82 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by truespeed
Great info - I hadn't seen that anywhere yet in my searches. Definitely looking to retain as much of the stock ride quality as possible, just lower the car a little bit. Do you have any suggestions other than the swifts?
Unfortunately, I do not but I am currently in the same search. It looks like coilovers are the option and I just started a new coilover thread with all the options I found. Feel free to follow along and hopefully we get some good info with comparison to the suspension in the later model years.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...formation.html

Old 06-26-20, 08:50 AM
truespeed
Rookie

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Jwconeil
Since you have a 14, all spring only changes will degrade ride quality. The 12 plus suspension is very refined, but under spring for track performance. Unfortunately, your gonna need to spend some bigger bucks on high end coilovers to go lower and preserve that 14 ride quality.
I'm ok with it not being perfect or identical, just somewhat as near as possible. If the springs make it a little more aggressive ride then I am ok with that - I just dont want to be bouncing all around the place! Im contemplating just springs in the front as well and keeping the back stock.

Originally Posted by PJSnow
Unfortunately, I do not but I am currently in the same search. It looks like coilovers are the option and I just started a new coilover thread with all the options I found. Feel free to follow along and hopefully we get some good info with comparison to the suspension in the later model years.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...formation.html
Great thread I will definitely keep tabs on that one!
Old 06-26-20, 02:46 PM
Jwconeil

Received 972 Likes on 630 Posts

Since your going 18s, it may be worth just throwing on Swift’s to see if your content. Buy a used set so you won’t be frustrated with the cost of your not happy.
Old 07-10-20, 09:10 PM
truespeed
Rookie

Back with some updates! I got the car back today from the two step paint correction and Modesta ceramic coating. Heres some before and after close ups. You'll see a lot of swirl and scratch marks from the before. All swirls are basically gone and the car was coated with Modesta BC-08 ceramic coating.

The following 2 users liked this post by truespeed:
BS ISF (07-13-20), ItalianMf9 (07-12-20)
Old 07-14-20, 06:08 PM
truespeed
Rookie

After paint correction and ceramic, I wanted to get some defects (curb rash) fixed on the front two wheels from the previous owner. I received a call that a local repair shop (that I previously contacted about getting them fixed) was running a special for $45 off per wheel, so I got both of them fixed. They look great! Here's the after and before (I edited original post to include the after, and it posted them reversed.

. Nothing crazy, but messed with my OCD enough that I wanted them fixed!

Last edited by truespeed; 07-28-20 at 06:55 PM.
Old 07-28-20, 07:29 PM
truespeed
Rookie

Back with an update!

Since the car is just under 75,000 miles, I did some routine maintenance, and was able to get some fun stuff done to the car as well (well compared to the previous stuff). I went on and changed the oil and filer (lawd 10 quarts of oil) and took care of the rear diff fluid change. I was going to do the tranny fluid, but after reading threads on here I am going to just leave that to the local Toyota dealer. Also replaced the cabin air and engine air filter.

Now, for the fun stuff. I recently purchased a set of Swift Springs from a ClubLexus member, and had those put on as well. I decided to only swap out the front, and honestly I CANNOT tell any difference in the ride quality whatsoever. The only thing now is that it needs an alignment as the steering wheel is turned to the side just a tad when driving. I am definitely pleased with the drop and plan to leave it this way for the foreseeable future. I feel like I should go on and knock out the suspension aspect of the car while I'm on that path so I can knock it all out and get an alignment and be done.

I'm thinking:
- SPC Performance Adjust Ball Joints (want these to help with alignment)
- FIGS Front LCA bushings (tighten up the steering on the front, feels like there's a lot of play)
- FIGS Rear Sway bar w/ endlinks (contemplating the Sikky rear + front combo also, to me the car has a lot of sway whenever turning)

Let me know your recommendations! Here's the car after the springs were added.

Last edited by truespeed; 07-29-20 at 06:05 PM.
Old 07-28-20, 09:01 PM
JDMV8
Instructor

Received 190 Likes on 106 Posts

I think you mean Figs front LCA bushings, they don't make a LCA.
Front balljoints should give you more camber and should be OK.
I have sikky f&r sway bars with figs endlinks...tightened up the steering feel a lot, go for it.
Old 07-29-20, 06:50 AM
Jwconeil

Received 972 Likes on 630 Posts

Glad they worked out for you. Lowering the front really changes the look of the ISF.
Old 07-29-20, 06:40 PM
truespeed
Rookie

Originally Posted by JDMV8
I think you mean Figs front LCA bushings, they don't make a LCA.
Front balljoints should give you more camber and should be OK.
I have sikky f&r sway bars with figs endlinks...tightened up the steering feel a lot, go for it.
You are correct about the LCA Bushing...edited the post, haha! Any reason you used the figs end links and not the package from Sikky that comes with end links?

Originally Posted by Jwconeil
Glad they worked out for you. Lowering the front really changes the look of the ISF.
Thanks again for hitting me up. Glad it worked out and yes it made it look way better.
Old 07-29-20, 11:05 PM
Beans12
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I decided to only swap out the front, and honestly I CANNOT tell any difference in the ride quality whatsoever.
Thanks for posting this. The car looks great. I'm definitely considering this option now.
Old 08-01-20, 01:43 PM
JDMV8
Instructor

Received 190 Likes on 106 Posts

You are correct about the LCA Bushing...edited the post, haha! Any reason you used the figs end links and not the package from Sikky that comes with end links?

Thanks again for hitting me up. Glad it worked out and yes it made it look way better.
Sikky endlinks are too long. When you lower the car, you need a shorter endlink. One of my Sikky endlinks failed so I switched to Figs. Granted, they lasted a while through some harsh driving while lowered.
Old 08-01-20, 06:06 PM
truespeed
Rookie

Originally Posted by Beans12
Thanks for posting this. The car looks great. I'm definitely considering this option now.
Thanks! If you're looking for better handling/feel I don't think this is going to help. However, if you're just looking to kill some of the gap in the front, it'll work. I can't tell any difference in performance, but I also can't tell any difference in ride quality either. Even after driving it all week this week I can't tell a difference. It worked for exactly what I needed.

Originally Posted by JDMV8
Sikky endlinks are too long. When you lower the car, you need a shorter endlink. One of my Sikky endlinks failed so I switched to Figs. Granted, they lasted a while through some harsh driving while lowered.
Gotcha! Thanks for explaining - I appreciate it.
Old 08-02-20, 02:25 PM
Beans12
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks! If you're looking for better handling/feel I don't think this is going to help. However, if you're just looking to kill some of the gap in the front, it'll work. I can't tell any difference in performance, but I also can't tell any difference in ride quality either. Even after driving it all week this week I can't tell a difference. It worked for exactly what I needed.
Reducing wheel gap without changing the ride quality is exactly what I'm after. Especially since the rear pretty much looks lowered from the factory. That fact one can address the front end without touching the back is amazing. Thanks again for your review.
Old 08-02-20, 08:18 PM
truespeed
Rookie

Originally Posted by Beans12
Reducing wheel gap without changing the ride quality is exactly what I'm after. Especially since the rear pretty much looks lowered from the factory. That fact one can address the front end without touching the back is amazing. Thanks again for your review.
Gotcha - you should be good to go then!
Old 08-09-20, 09:18 PM
truespeed
Rookie

So not a major upgrade or anything, but something that really was bothering me...the hazy front emblem! Here's before and after.

Now, I plan to get those LCA bushings and the FIGS rear sway bar. The sway bar shows out of stock. Pending the ETA for that, I may go with the F-Sport sway bar for the rear. Reached out to Figs for some info!

Quick Reply: 2014 Ultra White Build Thread