Build Threads Details on Club Lexus IS-F owner vehicles

2014 Ultra White Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-20, 04:30 PM
truespeed
Rookie

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

After talking with the team at FIGS, I decided to go with he 90 LCA bushings. They no longer make/stock the rear sway bar, so I ordered the F-Sport 19mm sway bar (part # PTR02-53080). Looking forward to getting this stuff on once it arrives. It seems the reviews for these are great for tightening up the steering and reducing some body roll - which is what I am after!

I'll update once the items are received and installed!
Old 08-10-20, 04:55 PM
rem0rse
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by truespeed
So not a major upgrade or anything, but something that really was bothering me...the hazy front emblem! Here's before and after.

Now, I plan to get those LCA bushings and the FIGS rear sway bar. The sway bar shows out of stock. Pending the ETA for that, I may go with the F-Sport sway bar for the rear. Reached out to Figs for some info!
Did you replace the emblem? or did you sand it down and polish?
Old 08-10-20, 07:08 PM
truespeed
Rookie

Originally Posted by rem0rse
Did you replace the emblem? or did you sand it down and polish?
sand and polish - we tried this before diving into replacement and it worked out haha
Old 09-13-20, 06:24 PM
truespeed
Rookie

Back with another update! I ordered the F sport sway bar and got it installed this weekend. Really easy upgrade - only took about 30 minutes. I can notice a difference in the rear of the car for sure, less roll in the corners. Next up will be the FIGS 90 LCA bushings. I'll have those on soon. here's a few shots of the before, comparison, and after on the car.

The following 2 users liked this post by truespeed:
AntiStupid (10-13-20), JT2MA71 (10-26-20)
Old 10-13-20, 07:04 PM
AntiStupid
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Looking good, came back to your build searching for the LP bumper plugs! Just made an order!
Old 10-25-20, 06:25 PM
truespeed
Rookie

Originally Posted by AntiStupid
Looking good, came back to your build searching for the LP bumper plugs! Just made an order!
Awesome! They are great and worth it.
Old 10-25-20, 06:35 PM
truespeed
Rookie

It's been a little bit! Still waiting to install the FIGS LCA bushings. My buddy has been swamped at his shop and hasn't had a chance to get me in.

I went on and ordered the Bayson R front lip for the car. I know I'm going to hear it from the enthusiasts, but there is somewhat of a method to the madness! The front of the car sits pretty low to the ground, so I want to see how much stuff I hit/scrape with the more economically priced lip before I go out and buy a $600+ carbon fiber lip and smack it into a curb and crack it in one week. If I do hit it, I will probably go with the NIA Auto Design kit instead. I really like their lip kit anyway and have been thinking about just going with that from the beginning anyway. But hey, the holidays are coming up and this satisfies a car part craving haha.

Speaking of holidays, it may be next year before some updates some through. Definitely want to get an exhaust on this car asap, so I'm thinking that will be the next mod. Could be after the first though pending how the holidays go.
Old 10-30-20, 02:22 PM
truespeed
Rookie

Out with the old....in with the new! Swapped out the factory LCA bushings for the FIGS. I can definitely tell a difference with steering feel and response. Its nice!

Additionally, we went on and installed the Bayson R front lip. Fitment was surprisingly good for the cost. Didn't have any real issues at all.

Old 11-01-20, 07:59 AM
AntiStupid
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

You had the front lip painted or it came in a gloss black??
Old 11-02-20, 06:43 PM
truespeed
Rookie

Originally Posted by AntiStupid
You had the front lip painted or it came in a gloss black??
Not painted, its just a raw black. It's not really gloss, not really matte. I think the shop lights are making it look more glossy. Sorry, doesn't really help at all.
The following users liked this post:
AntiStupid (11-04-20)
Old 01-12-21, 06:26 PM
truespeed
Rookie

I haven't forgotten about this thread, just unfortunately with the holidays I didn't have any chances to buy anything extra for the car! Now that we're through all that, I have an appointment on Friday to get some baseline numbers from the dyno. My plan ($$ allowing) is to dyno the car after adding exhaust and headers to show some actual gains I received through each piece. Will definitely do PPE headers - still trying to decide what exhaust to go with. All I can find is the XFORCE, PPE exhaust, and RR Racings Quad Tip or Bazooka exhaust. I really like the sound and quality of the RR Racing quad tip (with the carbon tips!), but it seems like it sticks out from the bumper a little bit which I don't love. I've seen ModInJapan have some JoeZ exhausts every once in awhile, but I feel like they're getting harder and harder to get - I think that would be my top pick honestly...if I can find a new one!
Old 01-12-21, 09:03 PM
Beans12
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome back! I literally bought Swift springs with the intention of installing the fronts only along with the Bayson-R front lip BECAUSE of this thread. Just waiting on the F-Sport rear sway bar to arrive then I can throw it all on. Basically just copying you at this point. Haha.

I'm on the fence about exhaust and haven't heard any that I absolutely love. Hayward and Scott has the nicest looking system IMO but super loud. Excited to see what you come up with and will be helpful to see before and after results.
Old 01-13-21, 06:04 AM
DuWerke
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Definitely subscribing to this.
Old 01-13-21, 02:33 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,401 Likes on 643 Posts

You found quite a gem - enjoy!

Please let us know if we can assist with anything.

- Alec
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 01-13-21, 06:15 PM
truespeed
Rookie

Originally Posted by Beans12
Welcome back! I literally bought Swift springs with the intention of installing the fronts only along with the Bayson-R front lip BECAUSE of this thread. Just waiting on the F-Sport rear sway bar to arrive then I can throw it all on. Basically just copying you at this point. Haha.

I'm on the fence about exhaust and haven't heard any that I absolutely love. Hayward and Scott has the nicest looking system IMO but super loud. Excited to see what you come up with and will be helpful to see before and after results.
that is awesome - copy away! Glad I can be the guinea pig. I've been contemplating putting the rear swifts on as well - that idea is starting to become bigger and bigger haha. I remember that exhaust and remember researching it right when I got my F, but I think it has to be imported right? If I remember correctly its that + price that turned me away (albeit I'm in the US and you could be overseas hence no importing!)

Originally Posted by DuWerke
Definitely subscribing to this.
Thanks, it'll be slow and steady for sure but I have a lot planned!

Originally Posted by RRRacing
You found quite a gem - enjoy!

Please let us know if we can assist with anything.

- Alec
I appreciate it - I look at your website at minimum three times a week! I eventually will be doing more than window shopping, haha.

Quick Reply: 2014 Ultra White Build Thread