Build Threads Details on Club Lexus IS-F owner vehicles

2014 Ultra White Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-21, 08:48 PM
Beans12
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Yea, the H&S exhaust comes from the UK so shipping would be costly for sure. I'm in Vancouver, BC, Canada so I'd imagine shipping costs would be similar to the US.
Old 01-16-21, 10:09 AM
truespeed
Rookie

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

Dyno results! I was hoping for 350 each for horsepower and torque and it looks like both of those were met! Its almost exactly a 15% drivetrain loss which is nice to see that it wasn't less than that. I tried to upload a video but I kept getting an error - probably user error haha. It's wild seeing the car hit that 170 speed limiter! Now the fun begins!

Old 01-24-21, 09:13 PM
Beans12
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Good to get a baseline. Healthy looking numbers.

Are you still liking the front only Swift spring set up? Do you still feel that it kept the factory ride quality?
Old 01-25-21, 07:17 PM
truespeed
Rookie

Originally Posted by Beans12
Good to get a baseline. Healthy looking numbers.

Are you still liking the front only Swift spring set up? Do you still feel that it kept the factory ride quality?
Yeah I really like it. I've actually been contemplating putting the rears on. I honestly couldnt/can't tell a difference with the ride quality.
The following users liked this post:
Beans12 (01-26-21)
Old 04-17-21, 05:25 PM
truespeed
Rookie

Back again - have an exhaust on the way! I saw ModInJapan posted in a Facebook group that they were getting some of the PTS/JoeZ exhausts in and I jumped on it. It will be here Tuesday. I ordered the version that allows you to keep the stock tips - I like the stock look and wanted to keep them on the car. I'll post up some pictures when I get it installed. Im almost at 80k miles and I dont see history of the spark plugs being done at 60k like Lexus recommends so I'm going to knock out the plugs with the exhaust as well. Not as fun, but still something!
The following users liked this post:
lobuxracer (04-17-21)
Old 04-17-21, 05:27 PM
truespeed
Rookie

Noticed I haven't posted any pictures of the car recently - here's how it sits currently.
The following 2 users liked this post by truespeed:
BS ISF (04-20-21), JT2MA71 (04-18-21)
Old 04-17-21, 08:47 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,964 Likes on 2,401 Posts

Love those wheels. Just put mine back on for the summer with summer tires, but cleaning them, cleaning the brakes, bleeding the brakes, and cleaning the original '08 wheels before stacking them until November was a chore for sure. I was reminded I need my summer tires on Friday morning when I didn't see a red light at the freeway on ramp, and had to hammer the brakes invoking ABS when my wider and stickier summer tires wouldn't have complained a bit.
Old 04-19-21, 06:03 PM
truespeed
Rookie

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Love those wheels. Just put mine back on for the summer with summer tires, but cleaning them, cleaning the brakes, bleeding the brakes, and cleaning the original '08 wheels before stacking them until November was a chore for sure. I was reminded I need my summer tires on Friday morning when I didn't see a red light at the freeway on ramp, and had to hammer the brakes invoking ABS when my wider and stickier summer tires wouldn't have complained a bit.
Sounds like it! These wheels are constantly dirty from brake dust. Whenever it's time to change out brake pads, I will definitely be seeking out some low dust pads. I had the car ceramic coated and didn't do the wheels because I'm still on the fence about aftermarket. I am in no hurry though, should probably go on and get it done! I do want to go with some wider tires as well if I decide to just stay stock.

Exhaust showed up on Sunday so I have it - hoping to have it installed this week! I know its been done 1000 times, but Ill get videos of stock vs PTS once I get it put on.
Old 05-01-21, 09:30 PM
truespeed
Rookie

Got the JoeZ exhaust installed this weekend, as well as replacing the spark plugs and an oil change. Car is just under 80k miles, and the plugs had never been replaced. I had a feeling they hadn't been - glad I got that taken care of. The previous owner serviced the car pretty regularly at Lexus until about 65k (which is when it was traded in and bounced around until I picked it up last year), weird they weren't knocked out. Either way, its taken care of now. Replacing the brake fluid is on the 60k mile service too, but I'm going to wait until it's time to do a full brake job before replacing the fluid. Speaking of fluid...last time we did an oil change we noticed the coolant reservoir was low. Noticed it was low again this time. No signs of any leaks....so we're thinking its the dreaded valley plate in its early stages. So much for saving up for headers!

Old 05-03-21, 07:09 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Nice set of plugs. No oil on the threads and the electrodes are a good color, not too sooty.
Old 05-06-21, 06:47 PM
truespeed
Rookie

Looking for some advice here. Now that we assume the valley plate is leaking, I want to get this taken care of. Ive seen a post on here that lists what was changed whenever their valley plate was fixed and that is awesome - ill go on and buy those parts. I've talked with a few people who are basically like "while you're in there you might as well take care of this this and this" and IDK if I should be preventative or follow "if it aint broke dont fix it". Some things I've heard are idler pulley, thermostat, water pump, starter, in addition to the valley plate stuff. The other things I'm thinking of is that "well, if its getting torn down to do all this is it worth it to just knock out headers as well?" What would you guys do?
Old 05-06-21, 07:52 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

You could do the thermostat and water pump. Starter? No way. Totally different spot and totally unrelated. Honestly, there's not too much more to do that's "easy because you're already there" on the valley plate. If you're worried about it, you could replace the air/oil separator case, but that's about it from a preventive measures approach. I really expected to need a bunch of new hoses when I did mine, but as it turned out, all the old hoses were still in fine shape despite having over 180k miles and 12 years of use on them.
Old 05-09-21, 06:19 PM
truespeed
Rookie

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
You could do the thermostat and water pump. Starter? No way. Totally different spot and totally unrelated. Honestly, there's not too much more to do that's "easy because you're already there" on the valley plate. If you're worried about it, you could replace the air/oil separator case, but that's about it from a preventive measures approach. I really expected to need a bunch of new hoses when I did mine, but as it turned out, all the old hoses were still in fine shape despite having over 180k miles and 12 years of use on them.
Got it - thanks for the info! I'll save the starter then for when its actually needed haha.
Old 05-20-21, 06:47 PM
truespeed
Rookie

Well I went on and ordered PPE UEL headers with the ceramic coating! ETA is about 5 weeks from what I'm hearing. Will also be replacing motor mounts (back to factory - I've read on here some issues with bad vibration at idle in aftermarket ones) and am contemplating doing the starter with this job. I am not really having any issues with mine, buts its tempting since it's such a pain to get to down the road.

I've seen a few posts about waiting 3 "gas tank fills" before dynoing the car to let the ECU adjust to the new exhaust. I've had it on for about three weeks - I do plan to get back on the dyno and see what the difference is with the JoeZ exhaust. Then, when headers are installed, will dyno again to see how the whp gains tracked over the upgrades! I do plan to have cats welded in once its all said and done though. I know it will rob some horsepower, but I dont want to deal with inspection or smell issues.
Old 06-18-21, 07:12 PM
truespeed
Rookie

PPE headers showed up today! They look great. Also had a new set of motor mounts, starter, and gasket all show up today too!

Quick Reply: 2014 Ultra White Build Thread