Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS400 owner vehicles

Ls400 daily vip wanna go fast build

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-22, 10:36 AM
timmy0tool

Received 422 Likes on 376 Posts

glad to see you working the sway bar articulation clearances!

btw, just curious if you have to swap from SAE to metric tools when working from the small block to the chassis (mainly if it's annoying or not any more annoying as changing socket/wrench sizes), or does the LS use metric sizing as well? never clear to me.
Old 04-18-22, 01:55 PM
Madcribby
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by timmy0tool
glad to see you working the sway bar articulation clearances!

btw, just curious if you have to swap from SAE to metric tools when working from the small block to the chassis (mainly if it's annoying or not any more annoying as changing socket/wrench sizes), or does the LS use metric sizing as well? never clear to me.

Yeah hopefully it down won't be a pain plus im only cutting stuff that i can replace just incase, I plan on using some super-pro adjustable end links along with some other bushings they offer for the ls400. As far as the tools the LS is metric besides the ARP crank bolt which was 1 1/16, even the swap brackets for the accessories came with metric allen head bolts. With me coming from the honda world i didn't have to by much SAE stuff (from what I had when I turned wrenches for a living then made the move to the parts side).
Old 04-18-22, 02:38 PM
timmy0tool

ah i meant LS = LSx small block, not LS400 haha!
the chevy engine uses SAE sizing right?

i too came from the honda world (still have my 92 accord). toyota is much more massive! i like them both in their own right but honda has my heart.
Old 04-18-22, 05:39 PM
Madcribby
Driver

Originally Posted by timmy0tool
ah i meant LS = LSx small block, not LS400 haha!
the chevy engine uses SAE sizing right?

i too came from the honda world (still have my 92 accord). toyota is much more massive! i like them both in their own right but honda has my heart.
Yeah I ment LSx stuff is metric to haha. Also the LSx stuff is pretty cheap vs honda. Like a decent cam, valve springs, and push rods came out to $375. The cams I had in my non vtec turbo setup set me back $400.... just for cams.
Old 04-21-22, 11:54 AM
timmy0tool

ah cool thanks for letting me know man!
never knew about the cost difference between domestic and import. i think that's likely bc LSx stuff is just so much more vast with a bigger following.
Old 06-10-22, 01:28 PM
Madcribby
Driver

Still here just had a snag with the trans luckily i had someone look it over to make sure everything was good when I rebuilt it ... but there was some issues. the center support was damaged and causing the sealing rings not to move , the pump inner bore was grooved up to bad and wouldn't have sealed properly, and the front/rear planet were bad and binding. so the builder said that those sections were oddly damaged/bad and for me to find another core which im in the process of doing, hopefully i will have a good update soon.
The following 2 users liked this post by Madcribby:
Lavoisier (06-11-22), timmy0tool (06-13-22)
Old 08-02-22, 05:36 PM
Madcribby
Driver

Finally found a good known 4l80e core had 85k miles on it, just setting up a time for my new transmission builder to dig into it and swap parts from my old trans to the new one. Went ahead and clearance the hood for the tbss intake may test fit it this weekend to see if the hood clears. Work has been crazy and all my spare time has been with my 3 year old daughter plus I haven't felt motivated to work on the car. My daughter asked me this past weekend when we are going to have the race car done so we can race like Lighting McQueen lol so that gave me a boost of motivation. New plan is to do what I can an hour or two at a time after work and family time in the evenings.

Old 08-02-22, 05:46 PM
timmy0tool

Originally Posted by Madcribby
all my spare time has been with my 3 year old daughter plus I haven't felt motivated to work on the car. My daughter asked me this past weekend when we are going to have the race car done so we can race like Lighting McQueen lol so that gave me a boost of motivation.
there is something about a small human that causes a shift in priorities - for the better! that's dad life for ya, and i wouldn't have it any other way (father of a toddler as well)!
The following users liked this post:
Madcribby (08-02-22)
Old 08-03-22, 04:27 PM
Madcribby
Driver

Tonight I mounted the swaybar with the spacer to accommodate the A/C tensioner mount. Also started on polishing the wheels for it. When I bought them from croooober (japan auction) they were cheap and in rough condition but hard to find since they are an older model. I got to sanded down and curb rash (only one bad spot) worked out. That's it for tonight I'll knock out the other 2 tomorrow night.

Two on the left have the "machined finished" sanded out. Two on the right well be done tomorrow.
Lavoisier (08-04-22)
Old 10-22-22, 08:31 PM
Madcribby
Driver

Default Still here

Life's been busy lately, just waiting on my second transmission to get built (first one had a bad pump and sun gear section). Just been plugging away at the wheels and minor stuff.

Cleeeaaan fluid in the second transmission hopefully this one is good

So far a pass with 400/600 dry and wet. Took down alot of imperfections and curb rash.
Old 11-14-22, 05:49 AM
Madcribby
Driver

Default Spaghetti

Worked on the body harness today took out some unnecessary wiring (abs, fans, and ac fans) figured the fans and ac would be controlled by the terminator x. What's left is the wiring for the lights and a outside temp sensor which I might try to use for the A2W temp.

Wiring and blocks on the left is what i don't need anymore.
Old 11-20-22, 09:35 AM
Madcribby
Driver

Default More spaghetti please

Worked some more on the harness and chonky fuse block. Got the intercooler around the area I want it also ran the light harness a different way to avoid where the turbo is going to live.

also on a side night we have competition at work so who ever sold the most tires got a kick *** prize....

90mins in porsche 911 carrera 4s.
Old 11-21-22, 02:19 PM
timmy0tool

^ thanks for the update! slow but steady makes for good progress overall.
Madcribby (11-21-22)
Old 11-26-22, 07:24 AM
Madcribby
Driver

My drive shaft adapter came in, got it mounted up for further testing and fitment.

Old 11-26-22, 07:30 AM
Madcribby
Driver

Going back over my radiator mounting don't really like the design I came up with so far.

Quick Reply: Ls400 daily vip wanna go fast build