Bagged AWD GS350

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-20, 01:24 AM
Yaozers
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Bagged AWD GS350

Hello 4GS squad,

Where's all my bagged AWD builders at? I've recently purchased a 13' AWD GS with 16K miles, and I've been shopping around for air suspension. I've read on some forums that the last gen had issues with the AWD for vibration and what not. Haven't read so much issues about 4th GENS. Just wanted to get some feedback from the ones who are bagged on AWD to share your experiences and thoughts about it. Got some simple questions such as:

- What air suspension setup are you running?
- Issues with vibration?
- Would I need to buy upper/lower control arms to prevent the air bag from hitting or rubbing anything?
- Pros/Cons?
- Problems with installation?

Any type of feedback from your own personal experience would be highly appreciative. Thanks!

Old 06-26-20, 07:25 AM
bumada
Driver

Received 77 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Yaozers
Hello 4GS squad,

Where's all my bagged AWD builders at? I've recently purchased a 13' AWD GS with 16K miles, and I've been shopping around for air suspension. I've read on some forums that the last gen had issues with the AWD for vibration and what not. Haven't read so much issues about 4th GENS. Just wanted to get some feedback from the ones who are bagged on AWD to share your experiences and thoughts about it. Got some simple questions such as:

- What air suspension setup are you running?
- Issues with vibration?
- Would I need to buy upper/lower control arms to prevent the air bag from hitting or rubbing anything?
- Pros/Cons?
- Problems with installation?

Any type of feedback from your own personal experience would be highly appreciative. Thanks!
I'm not AWD but I can probably provide some information. I assume that the rear suspension is pretty much the same. I have Air Lift shocks and bags with the Air Lift 3P management. There was no need for any upgraded components for the rear unless you plan on driving around really low. Then you would need the adjustable rear arms to adjust the camber. I don't have any rubbing on the rear bags otherwise.

I'm not 100% on the design of the front but I can't imagine anything would rub up there. Again, camber adjustments might need to be added if you plan on driving around lowered past what the stock adjustments can manage. I can't speak to any vibration concerns but everything should move together and each axle is independent which should be able to handle the differences in ride height.

Installation was straight forward. Air Lift provides detailed instructions with their kits and are available for help. I did a bit of research beforehand just to be sure I knew what I was getting into. I actually posted up a DIY for the Air Lift installation if you just search my threads (linked below). Again, I have a RWD model but there should be a lot of similar aspects. The running of the air lines, wires, and rear suspension should be the same. The front shouldn't be too different either.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...n-install.html

I'm always happy to answer any questions on installation.
Old 06-26-20, 05:56 PM
Rawkus1513
Rookie

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm awd and I went with airtekk struts. Only reason for me choosing airtekk is due to the 1 piece design compared to the 2 piece from others. Also, from my previous cars on bags, airtekk seems to raise the rear higher than others. That could be just me though...

Old 06-26-20, 06:05 PM
buckets
Pit Crew

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Rawkus1513
I'm awd and I went with airtekk struts. Only reason for me choosing airtekk is due to the 1 piece design compared to the 2 piece from others. Also, from my previous cars on bags, airtekk seems to raise the rear higher than others. That could be just me though...

looks so clean. Been shopping around for air suspension myself but I’m well over 100k miles, not sure if it’s worth it anymore. Have you ever ran into any issues?
Old 06-26-20, 10:02 PM
Rawkus1513
Rookie

Originally Posted by buckets
looks so clean. Been shopping around for air suspension myself but I’m well over 100k miles, not sure if it’s worth it anymore. Have you ever ran into any issues?
No issues for me. It all depends on the quality of the install. You can have the top notch of whatever it is, but if the install job is crap, you're going to have issues
Old 06-26-20, 11:03 PM
buckets
Pit Crew

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Rawkus1513
No issues for me. It all depends on the quality of the install. You can have the top notch of whatever it is, but if the install job is crap, you're going to have issues

thanks! Definitely might go the same route. Did you order directly from airtekk?
Old 06-27-20, 09:01 AM
Rawkus1513
Rookie

Originally Posted by buckets
thanks! Definitely might go the same route. Did you order directly from airtekk?
Yeah went straight through them. No middle man is how I like to do it if possible