Build Threads Details on Club Lexus RC-F owner vehicles

RC-F Track Edition in Sweden

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-20, 02:43 PM
linpaul76
Driver School Candidate

Received 68 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 1A1
She looks great. I don't know if you saw it or not, but Apex came out with a couple new offsets for their 19 inch wheels. I think you have the +52 version for Mustangs. They just came out with a +42 version for Corvettes that would allow you to forego the spacers. They also now have a 19x11.5 +56 which may work out back with your spacer. It would allow you to run a 305 and actually use the entire 305 tread since the tire won't have any squirm.

Steve
Interesting news for me Steve 👍 I didn't know about Apex new versions. I'm definitely going wider in the back next year. Thanks for the update 🙏👍
The following users liked this post:
1A1 (10-06-20)
Old 10-06-20, 06:42 PM
Mingofish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 330 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by linpaul76
I have special ordered a set of hub-centric rings, but never used
Linus
If you don’t use the hub rings to fill the gap, the weight and torque of the rims are all held by the studs, which isn’t so great. The center hub flange is designed to take that weight.

Also there are a good bit of space between the stud and the holes bored in the rim, thus allowing the rim to actually be not perfectly centered, so you may experience some high speed off-balanced vibration.

I would strongly urge you to install the hub centric spacers and inspect you studs for any potential issues.
Studs are considered a wear item, at least for track guys like us.
I have replaced the oem ones once after a few years of tracking, and then recently swapped to Ti ones.

Btw nice pic!!
The following 2 users liked this post by Mingofish:
1A1 (10-06-20), flowrider (10-07-20)
Old 10-07-20, 10:55 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,949 Likes on 1,372 Posts

^^^^Yes, I totally agree - The correct size center bore or hub-centric rings are essential IMHO.

Lou
Old 10-07-20, 01:46 PM
linpaul76
Driver School Candidate

I also agree with you Ming and Lou 👍 I've been taking a risk driving without the hub centric rings, no doubt about that. I will also change the studs during the winter. Thanks for your concern 🙏👍 I appreciate it!
The following 2 users liked this post by linpaul76:
05RollaXRS (10-10-20), Mingofish (10-07-20)
Old 10-14-20, 10:52 AM
Jonn73
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

​​​​​Enough nagging... It is CRAZY expensive to get stuff to your car here in Sweden.
​​​​[/QUOTE]

I hear you!
Same in Norway, maybe even worse. Have wanted to buy exhaust and rear diffuser for months now but not been able to pull the trigger due to crazy shipping and currency...

Linus, you have one hell of a build coming along! Where in Sweden do you live?

Jon, Trondheim. Norway
Old 10-14-20, 01:33 PM
linpaul76
Driver School Candidate

Hey Jon! Thanks a lot for your nice comments 👍 Norway is probably the most expensive country to live in here in Europe, so I totally agree with you. It is truly expensive to order parts from the US, and I understand your situation. When I decided to order my parts from FIGS, I didn't realise that it would be so much extra to pay in the end, which was good because I probably wouldn't have pushed the button if I had known from the beginning 😉

What kind of exhaust and diffuser are you thinking of? I live in Motala, not far from Linköping. Still a bit far from Trondheim 😊
Old 10-15-20, 04:32 AM
Jonn73
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by linpaul76
Hey Jon! Thanks a lot for your nice comments 👍 Norway is probably the most expensive country to live in here in Europe, so I totally agree with you. It is truly expensive to order parts from the US, and I understand your situation. When I decided to order my parts from FIGS, I didn't realise that it would be so much extra to pay in the end, which was good because I probably wouldn't have pushed the button if I had known from the beginning 😉

What kind of exhaust and diffuser are you thinking of? I live in Motala, not far from Linköping. Still a bit far from Trondheim 😊

hi! I visit Mjöllby quite often since I work in Toyota Material Handling, so I know the area at least. :-)
I think I will go with Tom’s. Diffuser will for sure be the Tom’s, exhaust is a little bit more an open issue still. My car is the @lexus_rcf_rx on insta
Old 10-15-20, 08:41 AM
linpaul76
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Jonn73
hi! I visit Mjöllby quite often since I work in Toyota Material Handling, so I know the area at least. :-)
I think I will go with Tom’s. Diffuser will for sure be the Tom’s, exhaust is a little bit more an open issue still. My car is the @lexus_rcf_rx on insta
So you work at TMH 😃 Then you must come by my work in Linköping when you're in Mjölby next time 👍 My car is in our Lexus building for the winter now, so just drop by and you can see it 👍 We sell a lot of cars to TMH, and I have some friends working there as well.

Tom's make great stuff, the diffuser is really cool 👍
Your car looks awesome 🙏👍🙏👍
Jonn73 (10-15-20)
Old 10-21-20, 05:12 AM
linpaul76
Driver School Candidate

New arrivals.... 😀

The following 2 users liked this post by linpaul76:
1A1 (10-22-20), BS ISF (11-12-20)
Old 11-11-20, 06:02 PM
sensai
Advanced

Received 662 Likes on 230 Posts

very nice build! i also have the ppe elite series exhaust (with high flow cats) on my 17. purchased a 21 fuji edition so will be looking to move the exhaust over using stock manifolds. did you have any fitment issues with the ppe exhaust itself? i chatted with ppe and they said i'm all good, no issues. that's encouraging.

Last edited by sensai; 11-11-20 at 09:00 PM.
Old 11-14-20, 03:43 PM
linpaul76
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sensai
very nice build! i also have the ppe elite series exhaust (with high flow cats) on my 17. purchased a 21 fuji edition so will be looking to move the exhaust over using stock manifolds. did you have any fitment issues with the ppe exhaust itself? i chatted with ppe and they said i'm all good, no issues. that's encouraging.
Hello there, I've seen your Fuji Edition 👍 It's so beautiful in that special paint 🏆 congratulations to a great car!

I had no problem with the fitment of the PPE exhaust. So good luck with yours 👍
Old 11-14-20, 07:19 PM
AlphaRCF
Driver School Candidate

Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello, I also have a Lexus RCF Track Edition and was wondering if you get any check engine lights after the PPE header install. I had a 15 RCF with PPE headers and it required a tune (from RR Racing), I was just curious to know if you’ve encountered that issue on the Track Edition after the headers.
Old 11-14-20, 08:43 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,501 Likes on 1,800 Posts

Originally Posted by AlphaRCF
Hello, I also have a Lexus RCF Track Edition and was wondering if you get any check engine lights after the PPE header install. I had a 15 RCF with PPE headers and it required a tune (from RR Racing), I was just curious to know if you’ve encountered that issue on the Track Edition after the headers.
Welcome to the board! Another track edition owner. Looks like TE owners are growing on this board.
AlphaRCF (11-14-20)
Old 11-14-20, 08:49 PM
AlphaRCF
Driver School Candidate

Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Welcome to the board! Another track edition owner. Looks like TE owners are growing on this board.
Thank you 👍🏽
05RollaXRS (11-14-20)
Old 11-15-20, 09:19 AM
linpaul76
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AlphaRCF
Hi and congratulations to a wonderful car 😃👍 Maybe we should have our own thread here with only TE and FE owners? 😊

It's a good question about the CEL after installing the PPE exhaust. Though I have no cats at all, I've had no CEL at all at any time since the install 👍 I have the Co2 extenders with the smaller restrictors, and it works just fine 👍 The only extra preparation I've had to do was to weld a pipe on to the exhaust (see pictures). In Europe we have PPF to manage Euro6.2 regulations. And my car came with a PPF on both sides. These filters have a "pipe" that connects to an "exhaust pressure sensor" at the engine, which is reading the exhaust pressure after the PPF. I just welded on a pipe on one side and connected it to a split, and then in to each sensor. It works 👍 But you don't have the PPF in the states yet I presume?

Good luck and post some updates 👍

​​
​​​​
AlphaRCF (11-15-20)

Quick Reply: RC-F Track Edition in Sweden