Build Threads Details on Club Lexus RC-F owner vehicles

RC-F Track Edition in Sweden

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-21, 12:48 PM
Jonn73
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Do you know wether you have the wiring needed for the folding mirrors already, or not?

Originally Posted by nigel821
Awesome thread! Really enjoy the custom touches.

I see that you said in your first post you work at a Lexus/Toyota dealership. I assume your RCF has power folding mirrors?

I am trying desperately to retro fit power folding mirrors to my face lifted 2020. You by chance wouldn't be able to find or provide part numbers? I know I would need the new mirrors, and interior door switch. Not sure on the door modules but so far no one has done this and I'd love to be able to do so and have the first/only USDM RCF with power folding mirrors. I can definitely take this off line so not to clutter your thread, but figured I'd ask.

Thanks,
-Nigel
Old 12-07-21, 01:39 PM
nigel821
Racer

Received 772 Likes on 481 Posts
Arrow

Originally Posted by Jonn73
Do you know wether you have the wiring needed for the folding mirrors already, or not?
I'm assuming that the wiring is the same. The only thing that I know 100% that the removed is that they took out the ambient door lighting wiring on the face lifted models. I know previous RCF's you could buy the european power folding mirrors and hook them up along with the new window control switch and you could manually close/open the mirrors with the switch. It however would NOT automatically close them or open them when you locked/unlocked the vehicle as it would in countries that come standard with power folding mirrors.... which I am 100% fine with, as long as I can do it from within the cabin of the car and push the fold in mirror option, that's OK.

I did something very similar with my 2009 w211. At the time the only time you could get a eclass with power folding mirrors was in europe, however, you could buy the mirrror bases that contained the motors to fold the mirrors in and then code the car. I have the software to code our mercedes so it was as simple as buying the mirrors, interior switch and coding the car and now I have one of the few usdm w211 with power folding mirrors. I am hoping that the RCF is the same way. I'm willing to take the plunge honestly for the community..lol. I think it's ridiculous that one can spend $80k on a car and it doesn't have power folding mirrors. Even more so they are all about weight on the track edition yet it comes with power folding mirrors...smh.

I just don't know of anyone overseas that can get part numbers. That's really what's needed here. Part numbers, if I could order from him, pay him for his time/shipping..etc. I'd be willing to do a whole write up on the entire thing.
IF it doesn't work, call it an expensive mistake. If it does which I am assuming it should, then I'll have the only rcf in the USA at least for the time being that has power folding mirrors :-)

-Nigel
Old 12-14-21, 04:05 AM
linpaul76
Driver School Candidate

Received 68 Likes on 23 Posts

Awesome thread! Really enjoy the custom touches.

I see that you said in your first post you work at a Lexus/Toyota dealership. I assume your RCF has power folding mirrors?

I am trying desperately to retro fit power folding mirrors to my face lifted 2020. You by chance wouldn't be able to find or provide part numbers? I know I would need the new mirrors, and interior door switch. Not sure on the door modules but so far no one has done this and I'd love to be able to do so and have the first/only USDM RCF with power folding mirrors. I can definitely take this off line so not to clutter your thread, but figured I'd ask.

Thanks,
-Nigel
Thanks for your nice comments 👍😊

I have the folding mirrors om my car. I can try to see if I can get any information about the parts needed. The only thing I do know so far, is that there are some differences between the Euro- and US models. Don't know in detail, but there are differences.
Old 12-15-21, 04:43 AM
nigel821
Racer

Arrow

Originally Posted by linpaul76
Thanks for your nice comments 👍😊

I have the folding mirrors om my car. I can try to see if I can get any information about the parts needed. The only thing I do know so far, is that there are some differences between the Euro- and US models. Don't know in detail, but there are differences.
Much appreciated!! Yep I definitely know there are some differences but I'm hoping at least for the main part it's the mirrors and the window control switch. I'm 100% fine with pushing the button in the interior to close/open the mirrors. I do know 100% that the power folding feature will not work when I lock / unlock the car. That just isn't an option here. What I'm not sure about is the door modules (ecm's) for both the driver/passenger and if those would need replaced. I've pretty much go every option on the car minus TVD/carbon. I have the blind spot monitor, cross traffic, dimming..etc.

If you wanted to act as the proxy I would glady pay for the items/shipping/your time in order to get them here to the states...etc.

Cheers!

-Nigel
The following users liked this post:
linpaul76 (12-15-21)
Old 04-04-22, 08:35 AM
nigel821
Racer

Wanted to post and see if you are able to confirm that these are the part numbers for LHD power folding mirrors?

I have been checking with another person and it does look like the wiring is the same for the doors in terms of wires because there are two wires that function for the open/close part and we do have those on our harness. Where it differs is that the mirrors we get do not have those two wires in the mirror harness. So all we would need in the states to do is get the window control switch. (are you able to get a part number for this from your dealer/parts dept?) and the mirrors themselves?

I think most people have the memory seats so I believe we would need the window control switch with cars that have the seat/mirror features.

Thanks for any help.
-Nigel

Last edited by nigel821; 04-05-22 at 03:15 AM.
Old 04-05-22, 12:56 AM
Ludek
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default My cars start....

Hi all,

Thank you all very much for the advice, my car is running now.

My problem was a dead immo ID box. Replace new immo, add key via techstream, and cars start.

Thank you
Ludek
Old 04-05-22, 01:04 AM
Ludek
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RC-F mirror RH

Wanted to post and see if you are able to confirm that these are the part numbers for LHD power folding mirrors?8791024600

I have been checking with another person and it does look like the wiring is the same for the doors in terms of wires because there are two wires that function for the open/close part and we do have those on our harness. Where it differs is that the mirrors we get do not have those two wires in the mirror harness. So all we would need in the states to do is get the window control switch. (are you able to get a part number for this from your dealer/parts dept?) and the mirrors themselves?

I think most people have the memory seats so I believe we would need the window control switch with cars that have the seat/mirror features.

Thanks for any help.
-Nigel
Here without VIN...
Attached Thumbnails RC-F Track Edition in Sweden-lexus-rc-f-2014-246420-usa-2022-04-05-01.png   RC-F Track Edition in Sweden-lexus-rc-f-2014-246420-usa-2022-04-05-02.png   RC-F Track Edition in Sweden-lexus-rc-f-2014-246420-usa-2022-04-05-03.png   RC-F Track Edition in Sweden-lexus-rc-f-2014-246420-usa-2022-04-05-04.png   RC-F Track Edition in Sweden-lexus-rc-f-2014-246420-usa-2022-04-05-05.png  

RC-F Track Edition in Sweden-lexus-rc-f-2014-246420-usa-2022-04-05-06.png  
The following 2 users liked this post by Ludek:
LoSt180 (04-06-22), nigel821 (04-05-22)
Old 04-05-22, 04:14 AM
nigel821
Racer

That is wonderful!! Thank you so much!!! You have no clue how helpful this is in terms of helping the community and the folks here in the USA to do a power folding mirror retrofit. If I could ask two more favors. Are you able to do the left side mirror as well and the driver window control switch assembly?

I also wanted to ask since you'll probably be able to look it up. The above part numbers are those just the exterior mirror housing shell or is that the ENITRE outer mirror assembly (IE: 87910-24651-A0 vs 87910-2457-A1), I think A0 is for USDM market, wouldn't A1 be for Rest of World/Europe? I noticed in the US our outer shell mirror just as an example is 8791A-11020-A0 would be for white nova/ultra white 083 paint code. But we also have what is called a motor assembly (even though we don't have power folding mirrors) but that part number for example for ultrawhite/nova is: 87908-24560-A1.

Do you have just the power folding mirror motor assembly listed parts as well? Is it safe to assume that in Sweden all facelifted RCF's have power folding mirrors?

Just trying to get clarity so that we can maybe get a retrofit going :-) You have no clue how happy this makes me!

Thanks again,
-Nigel

Last edited by nigel821; 04-05-22 at 05:24 AM.
Old 04-06-22, 11:48 AM
LoSt180
Advanced

Received 602 Likes on 327 Posts

That is wonderful!! Thank you so much!!! You have no clue how helpful this is in terms of helping the community and the folks here in the USA to do a power folding mirror retrofit. If I could ask two more favors. Are you able to do the left side mirror as well and the driver window control switch assembly?

I also wanted to ask since you'll probably be able to look it up. The above part numbers are those just the exterior mirror housing shell or is that the ENITRE outer mirror assembly (IE: 87910-24651-A0 vs 87910-2457-A1), I think A0 is for USDM market, wouldn't A1 be for Rest of World/Europe? I noticed in the US our outer shell mirror just as an example is 8791A-11020-A0 would be for white nova/ultra white 083 paint code. But we also have what is called a motor assembly (even though we don't have power folding mirrors) but that part number for example for ultrawhite/nova is: 87908-24560-A1.

Do you have just the power folding mirror motor assembly listed parts as well? Is it safe to assume that in Sweden all facelifted RCF's have power folding mirrors?

Just trying to get clarity so that we can maybe get a retrofit going :-) You have no clue how happy this makes me!

Thanks again,
-Nigel
So, the -A0 -A1 at the end is really just a color code for the mirrors.

Comparing those screenshots to US-based parts websites, the list is for the right side mirror (section 87910) assemblies. Left side would be 87940.
The part numbers for US versions are:
87910-24560-xx (base model)
87910-24650-xx (BSM w/ RCTA & Lane assist) - 3/19 to 8/19 build dates
87910-24651-xx (BSM w/ RCTA & Lane assist) - 9/19 to current build dates

The only part numbers on his list that are NOT also listed for US, and are for post-2019 builds (aka facelift) are:
87910-24690-xx (BSM w/ RCTA & Lane assist) - screen shot shows Korea spec?
87910-24571-xx (base model) 11/21 to current build dates

If you wanted just the "base" of the mirrors; basically the part the bolts to the car and contains the adjustment motors (plus presumably the folding mechanism) you would want to look at part numbers that begin with 87908 (RH) and 87909 (LH).

Is there another list of part numbers out there available for Europe?

The following users liked this post:
nigel821 (04-06-22)
Old 04-06-22, 03:33 PM
nigel821
Racer

Arrow

Originally Posted by LoSt180
So, the -A0 -A1 at the end is really just a color code for the mirrors.

Comparing those screenshots to US-based parts websites, the list is for the right side mirror (section 87910) assemblies. Left side would be 87940.
The part numbers for US versions are:
87910-24560-xx (base model)
87910-24650-xx (BSM w/ RCTA & Lane assist) - 3/19 to 8/19 build dates
87910-24651-xx (BSM w/ RCTA & Lane assist) - 9/19 to current build dates

The only part numbers on his list that are NOT also listed for US, and are for post-2019 builds (aka facelift) are:
87910-24690-xx (BSM w/ RCTA & Lane assist) - screen shot shows Korea spec?
87910-24571-xx (base model) 11/21 to current build dates

If you wanted just the "base" of the mirrors; basically the part the bolts to the car and contains the adjustment motors (plus presumably the folding mechanism) you would want to look at part numbers that begin with 87908 (RH) and 87909 (LH).

Is there another list of part numbers out there available for Europe?

Fantastic information! Honestly I don't care if I have to buy the entire mirror assembly both top/base. I just want the power folding feature with BSM w/RCTA and Lane assist. I believe the Korean spec is probably RHD which would not work for us.
I was talking with someone else and they brought up the following part numbers as a possibility for face lifted power folding:
87910-24571-A1.
87940-24571-A1
But not 100% sure.

I don't know if there are other European part numbers. I know there was a video where Barry made with a user who also has a track edition and his track edition does have the power folding mirrors. I wish we could get some information or vin/build so we could try to compile some type of information in order to do this swap. I'm 100% game and will be the test dude..lol. Just gotta find part numbers and the right things, then get them ordered or find someone who can act as a proxy to order in their country and ship to the USA.

It's crazy how there isn't a ton of info on this at all. When I retrofitted power folding mirrors to my 09' W211 which was not an option at all in the USA. I simply went on MB website/part site. Put the part number in for both left and right mirror bases (I had to transfer all my stuff from current mirrors, to the new bases, including the outer shell), and they were ordered and delivered within about two weeks. Zero issues. It was a European part but could easily be ordered here in the states through the MB network. Lexus doesn't seem like that at all. No one from the US can see or look at any part numbers outside of the US network... which is unreal to me.

Linus:
Does your window control switch have the fold in mirror option as indicated here: Left hand Drive RCF

Right Hand Drive Track Edition (has power folding mirrors!, why don't we? )

We need a part numbers for the above window control switch in LHD. Probably has two options of with memory seats and without.

-Nigel