ASC680 vs Airlift Performance

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-20, 12:07 PM
Neumillerb
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ASC680 vs Airlift Performance

Hi guys,

I've had my 05 UL for about 8 months now, and bought it with the rear suspension blown out. Since then I've been saving up, trying to decide if I should stick with OEM or go all out with the airlift 3p kit. I thought I wanted to go with the 3p kit, but recently I've found out about the asc680 controller, and am toying with that idea and mobbing on stock suspension. However, I've gone through the service history of my car and have found that its had problems with the suspension a many a time it looks like.

What do you guys think of the stock suspension, vs the airlift kit? Either way I'm going to be spending a couple grand, and I just want to make sure I do it right and get something that will last the longevity of the car - I really love this thing. She currently has about 150k on the odo.

Thank you in advance 🙏
Old 08-03-20, 09:44 AM
onthelo
Intermediate

Received 125 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Neumillerb
Hi guys,

I've had my 05 UL for about 8 months now, and bought it with the rear suspension blown out. Since then I've been saving up, trying to decide if I should stick with OEM or go all out with the airlift 3p kit. I thought I wanted to go with the 3p kit, but recently I've found out about the asc680 controller, and am toying with that idea and mobbing on stock suspension. However, I've gone through the service history of my car and have found that its had problems with the suspension a many a time it looks like.

What do you guys think of the stock suspension, vs the airlift kit? Either way I'm going to be spending a couple grand, and I just want to make sure I do it right and get something that will last the longevity of the car - I really love this thing. She currently has about 150k on the odo.

Thank you in advance 🙏
I'm selling my Air Lift struts if you decide to go that route. Less then 1k miles on them com with everything like new. Very easy to install also! Air lift is very reliable imo plus you get the speed the stock air suspension cant touch.
The following users liked this post:
Neumillerb (08-07-20)
Old 08-03-20, 09:46 AM
onthelo
Intermediate

Received 125 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Neumillerb
Hi guys,

Thank you in advance 🙏
Additionally the ASC controller is nice for what it is but you still have to wait to air up about 5-8 minutes if you fully air down and the stock air does not go as low as Air Lift. There are pro and con for both but for maximum adjustability you have to go aftermarket.
Good luck and excited to see what you do with her!
Neumillerb (08-07-20)
Old 09-04-20, 08:53 AM
mavisky
Pit Crew

Received 61 Likes on 32 Posts

Agreed with Onthelo. The ASC680 is nice, but if you're already looking at replacing a blown strut the aftermarket system is a much better solution although certainly more expensive. Awkwardly having to wait for the factory pump to work it's way up to ride height is annoying with the factory setup. Would love to be able to come up with some sort of inline tank setup for the factory system, but not sure if that's possible with the way it's all controlled.
Neumillerb (09-04-20)