Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS430 owner vehicles

Project: Finalizer - StyloRen's Battle Cruiser

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-20, 06:54 AM
styloren
Pit Crew

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by YannG
You already know what I think about this - Amazingly clean build & attention to detail !

Keep up the great work

(cough cough :: bags next...:: cough...)
Thanks bruv! We've still gotta try to get together again so you can check it out!
Old 09-14-20, 06:58 AM
styloren
Pit Crew

General update.

Finally got my maintenance in and took care of an oil change, new spark plugs. new o2 sensor, and made sure the brakes were good. Man, it makes such a difference having a car that was well tended. The brakes that came with the car are new, front rotors are new, plugs looked great (still replaced them), and I could still see light coming through the oil when I was draining it. Will still need to flush the transmission here soon.

Otherwise, need to find a tint shop in my area that can get me in quickly, taking a vacation at the end of the month and want to get that done before the drive with the kids.
Old 10-17-20, 07:16 AM
styloren
Pit Crew

Tint happened. Then drove it down to Florida and it performed wonderfully.

Old 10-17-20, 09:24 PM
Ellesse
Advanced

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts

Tint looks great! What shop did you use? I need to take mine in soon as well
Old 10-18-20, 07:24 PM
styloren
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Ellesse
Tint looks great! What shop did you use? I need to take mine in soon as well
Extreme Auto Lighting in Kennesaw: local shop with some really great reviews that got all 4 side windows, the back glass, and the windshield done for less that a basic job at the bigger chains like The Tint Guy.
Old 01-30-21, 06:47 PM
styloren
Pit Crew

Things have been slow rolling lately.

My wife bought me some original JDM Celsior visors for Christmas; they're a little rough around the edges so I'm going to need to do some work on the chrome trim before mounting them up.

I've been building out my basement workshop so that I can get the table saw and stuff set up again and finally build my subwoofer enclosure.

I've been pulling some side hustle lately, need to make money for suspension and wheels.

Anyone know of any decent performance shops or exhaust shops in the West/North Cobb area?

Other than that I spent some time detailing the interior this morning, enjoy a picture of that result:

Old 01-30-21, 06:59 PM
mavisky
Pit Crew

Received 61 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by styloren
Things have been slow rolling lately.

My wife bought me some original JDM Celsior visors for Christmas; they're a little rough around the edges so I'm going to need to do some work on the chrome trim before mounting them up.

I've been building out my basement workshop so that I can get the table saw and stuff set up again and finally build my subwoofer enclosure.

I've been pulling some side hustle lately, need to make money for suspension and wheels.

Anyone know of any decent performance shops or exhaust shops in the West/North Cobb area?

Other than that I spent some time detailing the interior this morning, enjoy a picture of that result:
I'll be interested to see what you do with the Visors. I just bought a set myself and they are in less than perfect conditin. Ordered up some 12mm wide chrome trim that should be here this week to see if that can serve as a decent replacement. Trick will be getting the old chrome stripped out of there without damaging the visors. The chrome is all hated and part of it is delaminating so no amount of polishing can fix that.

It's a little further away than what you may be looking for but just had a shop up in Cumming do a muffler delete for me this week. Drones a bit but we are going back for round 2 to eliminate that. Going to try either a 1/4 wave resonator or a Helmholz resonator depending on which one I have room for.
Old 01-30-21, 07:35 PM
styloren
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by mavisky
I'll be interested to see what you do with the Visors. I just bought a set myself and they are in less than perfect conditin. Ordered up some 12mm wide chrome trim that should be here this week to see if that can serve as a decent replacement. Trick will be getting the old chrome stripped out of there without damaging the visors. The chrome is all hated and part of it is delaminating so no amount of polishing can fix that.

It's a little further away than what you may be looking for but just had a shop up in Cumming do a muffler delete for me this week. Drones a bit but we are going back for round 2 to eliminate that. Going to try either a 1/4 wave resonator or a Helmholz resonator depending on which one I have room for.
I'm going to try to attack it with steel wool and some fine-cut sanding first, but if push comes to shove I may end up flattening it all out and painting it satin black. As long as I can get the chrome strips out w/o damaging the plastic I think I'll be golden either way. We'll find out soon enough, I'm currently in the middle of getting my old Ford Focus prepped and ready to sale. I've been sitting on it since I bought this car in July; COVID has somehow made it more difficult for me to get projects done, probably has something to do with the kids always being around 24/7.
Old 03-03-21, 04:59 PM
styloren
Pit Crew

Do I need somebody to talk me out of it? I'm really digging the idea of gutting everything from the 3rd cat on, a magnaflow x-pipe, and these at the end. @mavisky I know you recently got yours done, thoughts?
Old 03-03-21, 05:10 PM
mavisky
Pit Crew

Those would be great. I simply did a rear muffler delete and left the resonators and 3rd cat in place. Exhaust is completely unheard at cruise with the stereo on and you just get a nice subtle growl under acceleration. Just what I wanted. Your setup there is a preferred setup and would sound amazing I'm sure. I kept mine tame as I already have a loud sportscar and knew the wife and kid would want the Lexus quiet for longer road trips.
Old 03-03-21, 05:17 PM
styloren
Pit Crew

Those would be great. I simply did a rear muffler delete and left the resonators and 3rd cat in place. Exhaust is completely unheard at cruise with the stereo on and you just get a nice subtle growl under acceleration. Just what I wanted. Your setup there is a preferred setup and would sound amazing I'm sure. I kept mine tame as I already have a loud sportscar and knew the wife and kid would want the Lexus quiet for longer road trips.
Keeping the wife and kids in mind, you think I should delete the cat and replace the resonator? Or just swap the mufflers out with these? You and @YannG have both done muffler deletes, and I've ridden in his ride, so I don't know what the next step sounds like inside the car. I've not had a modified exhaust before, so I don't have a point of reference.
Old 03-03-21, 05:27 PM
mavisky
Pit Crew

You're going to have mufflers where we don't. I think the sound may be a bit more aggressive, but you can always add a set of resonators back in between the x-pipe and the rear mufflers if you choose to tone it down some. That's the trick with custom exhaust and a picky ear. You will sometimes go through a number of revisions unless you're duplicating an exact setup you're in love with.

I think if you just replied the factory mufflers with the drift dialects you'd be let down by how little it's changed as it would be even more muffled than mine. I have considered deleting thr resonators as mine can almost be too quiet at times, but the wife would kill me if I went back for round three on the exhaust this soon.
Old 03-03-21, 05:33 PM
styloren
Pit Crew

You're going to have mufflers where we don't. I think the sound may be a bit more aggressive, but you can always add a set of resonators back in between the x-pipe and the rear mufflers if you choose to tone it down some. That's the trick with custom exhaust and a picky ear. You will sometimes go through a number of revisions unless you're duplicating an exact setup you're in love with.

I think if you just replied the factory mufflers with the drift dialects you'd be let down by how little it's changed as it would be even more muffled than mine. I have considered deleting thr resonators as mine can almost be too quiet at times, but the wife would kill me if I went back for round three on the exhaust this soon.
That's a good point - I'm still muffling, just differently. I think I'm just gonna send it then and run with the magnaflow x-pipe. If I need to quiet it down I can add the resonators.
The following users liked this post:
mavisky (03-03-21)
Old 03-03-21, 07:08 PM
styloren
Pit Crew

Well nobody talked me out of it sssoooo.....
The following users liked this post:
mavisky (03-03-21)
Old 03-03-21, 07:10 PM
Ellesse
Advanced

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts

This is my next mod, need to also ride with you chaps to see what all these setups sound like!

Quick Reply: Project: Finalizer - StyloRen's Battle Cruiser