Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS430 owner vehicles

Project: Finalizer - StyloRen's Battle Cruiser

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-21, 06:22 AM
Ellesse
Advanced

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts

Any closer to getting the mufflers on? I'm wanting to get to my exhaust, right now planning to just remove the resonators and mufflers and do a straight pipe, I know it will drone but I'm not commuting right now so could deal with it, but these mufflers are still on my list!
Old 06-08-21, 08:52 AM
styloren
Pit Crew

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Ellesse
Any closer to getting the mufflers on? I'm wanting to get to my exhaust, right now planning to just remove the resonators and mufflers and do a straight pipe, I know it will drone but I'm not commuting right now so could deal with it, but these mufflers are still on my list!
Going through a flurry of life changes right now: getting back from vacation, job promotion, kids to summer camp, but I am reaching out to some places on my side of the Metro that I've found with good reviews. I'm really hoping to get something nailed down this month.

As well, I scrapped the subwoofer box build and grabbed something that will work for a free-air application. Hoping to cram an Infinity KAPPA 1000 in the rear deck and see how that goes.
Old 07-21-21, 11:02 AM
Pappadock6
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Love this thread. Our cars are twins. I just pick up my silver 2004 UL with 139k on the clock from Statham Ga. One owner and serviced at dealer. I live in Atlanta. I got the 17" wheels also. I had to do a double take when I saw yours. I am just starting to get into mine and figuring out what to do. My rear sub was un-foamed and rattly but owner threw in new sub replacement he had ordered. Just need to install it. I may have to ask you about a few things as I dive into mine and shops etc in the area.

Old 07-23-21, 04:47 AM
PilgrimLS
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by styloren
Going through a flurry of life changes right now: getting back from vacation, job promotion, kids to summer camp, but I am reaching out to some places on my side of the Metro that I've found with good reviews. I'm really hoping to get something nailed down this month.

As well, I scrapped the subwoofer box build and grabbed something that will work for a free-air application. Hoping to cram an Infinity KAPPA 1000 in the rear deck and see how that goes.
This thread is a gem. I nabbed an '04 UL last week with the same subwoofer rattle. Are you cutting the top deck or taking out the back seat to fit the KAPPA 1000? I'm debating if I'll try to repair the ML sub or get a new one so I'm curious to see your install. Thanks!
Old 07-24-21, 03:07 PM
styloren
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Pappadock6
Love this thread. Our cars are twins. I just pick up my silver 2004 UL with 139k on the clock from Statham Ga. One owner and serviced at dealer. I live in Atlanta. I got the 17" wheels also. I had to do a double take when I saw yours. I am just starting to get into mine and figuring out what to do. My rear sub was un-foamed and rattly but owner threw in new sub replacement he had ordered. Just need to install it. I may have to ask you about a few things as I dive into mine and shops etc in the area.
Originally Posted by PilgrimLS
This thread is a gem. I nabbed an '04 UL last week with the same subwoofer rattle. Are you cutting the top deck or taking out the back seat to fit the KAPPA 1000? I'm debating if I'll try to repair the ML sub or get a new one so I'm curious to see your install. Thanks!
Thanks @Pappadock6 and @PilgrimLS ! Hopefully I'll get things moving here soon, I've lost a lot of steam just b/c of life stuff. Let me know if I can help with stereo stuff, it's kinda my thing. I'll be taking the seats out again regardless for the KAPPA. I'll probably cut the hole a little bigger to accommodate the size of the driver, but seal and baffle the deck to mount it. I'm also toying with the idea of making a trim ring for the parcel shelf so I can have the cone flush, give that OEM+ look. But at the same time, I'm still debating on a slim-ish ported enclosure since I want bass response. We'll see.
Old 03-28-22, 06:52 PM
styloren
Pit Crew

Hey guys! It has been a very long time since I was able to update, but I'm still here and slowly getting things together. Nothing has happened to the car lately, it's taken a backseat to other life things. I think the last time I posted I had just taken a promotion at work; that turned out to be a **** show so I quit and found something else that works better for me.

After getting settled in to the new gig, I've been balancing my fun money between the car and my other expensive hobby: tattoos. I've got a new tattoo appointment booked for this weekend and finally have some goodies ready to go on the Lexus! I got a special delivery today to round out the next wave of work to be done.

In order of appearance, I've got Tein coilovers, various maintenance goodies, and StopTech stainless brake lines to go on in about two weeks. Not pictured is a set of WellVisors for the windows.

As well, I'm finally making some progress on getting my woodworking shop built, so I should be getting my subwoofer box done soon: hoping that'll be ready in the two weeks window as well so I can get that done and tune my amp. COVID kinda de-railed my plans with how much lumber prices skyrocketed, but it's at least getting to the point where I can manage. Really looking forward to moving forward and all that, can't wait to update y'all soon!
The following users liked this post:
YannG (04-14-22)
Old 03-30-22, 11:55 AM
b16gsr
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I am excited to see the coilover install. I have a set at the house for mine.
YannG (03-31-22)
Old 04-15-22, 10:56 AM
styloren
Pit Crew

Default Coilovers are in

Coilovers are in! Pretty easy overall, but it was not without some hiccups. I thought I had the right tools for the job - I didn't, and ripped the boots on my upper control arms in the front. The rear driver OE strut got bound up on the spindle, but luckily a friend jumped in to help me out. After waiting a couple of days for new control arms to arrive, I've gotten everything buttoned up and back on the ground. I am super stoked with the results

I did go ahead and spring for the 200mm damper adjustment extensions and cut holes in my rear parcel shelf so I don't have to worry about making those adjustments when I need to.

LatinLS430 (04-15-22)
Old 04-25-22, 04:50 AM
styloren
Pit Crew

Built my subwoofer box this weekend, finally closing out the chapter of the audio overhaul. I had danced around the idea of doing a proper Infinite Baffle application with the stock mounting hole, but the world of IB seems very contentious: from what the right driver properties are to how to properly contain everything, even to whether or not it's actually worth it to execute. Typical audiophiles, the only thing they hate is other audiophiles!

Anyway, I wanted to make a box that delivers good performance from the driver in as small of a package as possible, so as not to eat in to my luggage capacity. After running some designs I came out with a 1.6 cu ft. ported enclosure tuned to 33 Hz with a peak SPL around 115 db. Since I wanted the extra space, I designed a box in the box to go over that little hump directly behind the ski pass-through; this way it can slide right in unobstructed. The total enclosure volume is about 2.7 cu ft to account for that structure, the displacement of the port, and the driver itself.

This was the first test-fit of the driver after making sure the bottom panel fit in the trunk how I wanted it.

Some glue-up

Everything but the back panel. Here you can see the length and run of the port.

Hit everything with a round-over bit to make it feel a little more polished.

Port opening round-over.

Carpet from Parts Express. Nice and thick plush with a mild stretch, perfect for pulling everything tight.

Huzzah!

Obligatory macro beauty shot for the 'gram.

It fits!

Now that I've got my 5-channel amp running on all cylinders, it's time to add in the remote control ****. For this, I decided I wanted to stress myself out as much as possible and just drill into my beautiful wood dash.

SWEATING INTENSIFIES.JPG

i am stelth
The following 4 users liked this post by styloren:
13101093 (04-27-22), Getlowe415 (04-25-22), LatinLS430 (04-25-22), squeege (04-25-22)
Old 11-11-22, 01:02 PM
styloren
Pit Crew

I've officially "Ruined"™ my car. Factory gut at the 3rd cat., x-pipe, and drift dialects Fireballs. Sounds mean and delicious with the slightest drone at 1900 RPM.

Old 11-16-22, 12:57 PM
styloren
Pit Crew

Progress continues. Got the Beatsonic kit and a new Kenwood 9707s installed. Wireless Android Auto is great!
I'll need to take the whole center stack out to get the video adapter installed so I can run video out to the factory nav screen; probably won't look great but it'll be a neat little trick.
Old 11-17-22, 09:40 AM
b16gsr
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by styloren
Coilovers are in! Pretty easy overall, but it was not without some hiccups. I thought I had the right tools for the job - I didn't, and ripped the boots on my upper control arms in the front. The rear driver OE strut got bound up on the spindle, but luckily a friend jumped in to help me out. After waiting a couple of days for new control arms to arrive, I've gotten everything buttoned up and back on the ground. I am super stoked with the results

I did go ahead and spring for the 200mm damper adjustment extensions and cut holes in my rear parcel shelf so I don't have to worry about making those adjustments when I need to.

Congrats on getting the suspension install done. I cannot wait to tackle mine, I have the EDFC to use on mine. Did the brake lines help the mushy pedal feel at all?
Old 11-17-22, 09:56 AM
cqhall
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I installed D2 coilovers on my LS430 and it totally made it feel modern. No more land yacht floating feeling.
Old 11-18-22, 04:33 AM
styloren
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by b16gsr
Congrats on getting the suspension install done. I cannot wait to tackle mine, I have the EDFC to use on mine. Did the brake lines help the mushy pedal feel at all?
Dang, that's awesome. How much did that run you? I'd be interested in hearing how it performs and what impact it has on ride. The spring rate is pretty low on the Teins, so I wonder how much change the dampening force can feel like.
The brake lines didn't make the cut of getting installed. Tight deadlines. Not at all b/c I completely forgot about them in the excitement to put the car back on the ground. I'll have to let you know when I get them installed.
Originally Posted by cqhall
I installed D2 coilovers on my LS430 and it totally made it feel modern. No more land yacht floating feeling.
I enjoy the ride quality with my Teins, for sure. The car doesn't eat up the bumps in the road with all of the extra travel of the OEM struts, but it's still compliant and comfortable.
Old 01-17-23, 07:15 AM
styloren
Pit Crew

Not much of an update, just grabbed some shots of my dirty car that look pretty nice. I've bought a polisher and will finally be able to start working on my own paint correction and buffing out the old lady scratches, finally.

Wheels are for sure happening this year - I'm currently going through and struggling with the fitment questions since I've never done this before. Hopefully I can jiggle enough change together to get a lip kit as well this year; if not, I may focus on interior treatment.

YannG (01-17-23)

Quick Reply: Project: Finalizer - StyloRen's Battle Cruiser