Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS430 owner vehicles

Project: Finalizer - StyloRen's Battle Cruiser

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-23, 04:31 AM
styloren
Pit Crew

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Starting 2023

Some updates! After consternating on it for a very long time, I finally got some wheels! I have been deliberating for months on getting different OEM wheels, higher end monoblocks (SSR GTX comes to mind), or finding some cheap 3-piece wheels to rebuild b/c that felt like the only way I'd afford it (kids make me have to be ballin' on a budget, as always). I ended up with a beautiful set of 3-piece WALD Streifen from the group Wheelsgang based out of Russia. The wheels were in 19x8.5 +31 which is a little conservative, but I figure I'll rebuild them in the future to fill out the arches fully while I still enjoy the much, much better fitment now. I got them in from overseas on Tuesday and had an open invitation to ride out to the local Caffeine & Octane on Sunday, so I quickly moved to get tires mounted and clean up the car.

While I was at it I detailed the interior and installed a set of GARAX Crystal light covers that I scored not too long ago. I like how much brighter they make the dome lights, but the rear map covers do throw the light further out across the car. I'm not sure if that would affect your use of them, and my kids haven't complained yet, so I think we're good. Just something I noticed. The beatsonic kit has been awesome, and wireless Android Auto has been a game-changer. I have a friend 3D printing some inserts that will allow me to flush mount the USB pass-through cables coming from the back of the unit in one of the blanks on the trim kit, so if other people are riding and want to hook up their phone, they don't have to go through the wireless pairing. Still need to connect video output from the Kenwood to the factory screen just for funsies and b/c I can.

Sunday's event was really fun. It was great getting to meet more local 430 owners, have a quick group ride, talk about our cars and admire each others, as well as walk around the car show together. I was able to get a pretty clean shot of all of our cars as the sun was really coming up. Unfortunately a stupid Beemer parked next to us so I had to crop it weirdly so they weren't in the shot, shoutout to their slick TE37s tho, they looked nice.

I've got a laundry list of maintenance, housekeeping, and simple upgrades to do while my wallet tries to recover from the wheels purchase. Spring should be a nice time of getting things in order and making some steps of elegance to the car overall. I'll be keeping an eye out for any cheap-ish OEM Celsior lip kits that spring up and I can't live without, otherwise I'm leaning pretty heavy toward getting an Artisan Spirits kit made and shipped over so I can have the complete kit with trunk and roof spoilers to match. Shoutout to @YannG as always for being a solid bro in the community and a friend, as well as @LSBij since we just met at the event and he's a part of the FlexZ crew with me.
The following 3 users liked this post by styloren:
DarthBacon (06-24-24), Esjay (02-13-23), YannG (02-07-23)
Old 02-07-23, 08:40 AM
YannG
Intermediate

Received 155 Likes on 81 Posts

Like i've said before - I love the wheels!

That last picture with the sunrise is awesome!!!

(ps: I'll always be jealous of your super clean black interior haha)
Old 02-07-23, 04:04 PM
styloren
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by YannG
Like i've said before - I love the wheels!

That last picture with the sunrise is awesome!!!

(ps: I'll always be jealous of your super clean black interior haha)
Yeah, that shot cleaned up real nice! I can't wait to take more pics, maybe I'll pull out the DSLR to take some better shots next time.

PS: I'll always be jealous of your super clean everything build.

Last edited by styloren; 02-07-23 at 06:31 PM.
Old 06-13-23, 09:38 AM
styloren
Pit Crew

Default The next wave has begun

The build continues! Over the past few weeks I've sourced a JDM Celsior lip kit, a trunk spoiler, a roof spoiler, and TOM'S Racing vented lower fenders for the extra sprinkle of JDM goodness. Everything is in good shape but will need to be painted. I'm currently starting to get quotes from shops but also researching what it will take for me to get myself set up for decent spray jobs.

The following users liked this post:
YannG (01-23-24)
Old 06-15-23, 08:14 AM
Romanova
Racer

Received 746 Likes on 528 Posts

It would be sick to remove the LEXUS and the LS430 from the trunk and have the holes filled while you're getting paint work done.

Nice job on sourcing an OEM lip kit... can't wait to see it installed.
Old 07-27-23, 09:57 AM
DarthBacon
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Excellent looking car! How do the Teins ride? I used to have some basics on my 240 was back in the early 2000s and enjoyed them, been looking at either the Flex Z or the Fortune 500's for my LS
Old 07-31-23, 06:06 AM
styloren
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by DarthBacon
Excellent looking car! How do the Teins ride? I used to have some basics on my 240 was back in the early 2000s and enjoyed them, been looking at either the Flex Z or the Fortune 500's for my LS
Thanks! It's taking a while to get it where I want, but that's how these things go. I'm anxious and excited to start work on prepping my aero for paint here very soon.

he Teins ride great; very close to an OEM ride with soft spring rates and consistent response. My current ride height is what the coilovers were set to from the factory; I'm already scraping exhaust on my driveway (steep hill) so it probably won't get much lower once the body kit is installed.
Old 12-28-23, 04:40 PM
LSBij
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

let's get those body pieces on!
The following 2 users liked this post by LSBij:
MaxKechely (12-30-23), styloren (01-19-24)
Old 01-09-24, 08:45 PM
weldthedif
Advanced

Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

great looking car man, keep up the good work. I have a 2004 exact same color, its giving me inspiration for my build
styloren (01-19-24)
Old 01-19-24, 06:32 PM
styloren
Pit Crew

It's been a minute. I'm finally getting everything together for air install, including an good idea and vision for what a false floor setup will be.

Otherwise here's some pics from a recent detail and trip out to our version of Cars & Coffee

The following 2 users liked this post by styloren:
LatinLS430 (01-20-24), YannG (01-23-24)
Old 01-19-24, 06:59 PM
styloren
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by weldthedif
great looking car man, keep up the good work. I have a 2004 exact same color, its giving me inspiration for my build
Thanks! It's definitely taking shape.
Old 01-23-24, 09:17 AM
YannG
Intermediate

Received 155 Likes on 81 Posts

Looking forward to the trunk build, air suspension and lip kit

Ps: that trunk and roof spoiler look SO good, get them repainted and fitted ASAP !
Old 02-28-24, 06:32 AM
styloren
Pit Crew

Default Custom Trunk Floor and Airlift Install

Hey everyone, it's been awhile since there's been real momentum on the build but I've been diligently working. Today I'll share out the progress on the initial layup of the false floor for the trunk and getting things ready for the air suspension install. Each picture is captioned for your reading pleasure. Comments welcome and I'll upload the final part of the air install soon!

Initial layup for approximation.

Reversed the compressors to try to save height, but I still don't like it. I'll solve this in a minute.

Cut out the shape of the trunk from MDF

This is better. Mount the compressors on their side to save headroom.

Starting to get general dimensions and drawing out cut lines, where the tank is going to sit, etc.

Middle platform and two wings to make it easier to take in and out.

Cut out the opening for the recessed tank

I like the lower height, it should make it possible for me add a shallow subwoofer bow mounted to the parcel shelf in the future.
The following 2 users liked this post by styloren:
LatinLS430 (02-28-24), Romanova (02-28-24)
Old 02-29-24, 06:59 PM
styloren
Pit Crew

Now on to part 2 of the Airlift install! Jumping ahead to finishing the false floor!!

Time for paint, I wanted something metallic and this blue was really handsome.

I built a support for the air tank and found these nifty aluminum thumb screws to secure it without any tools.

Since I'm not really doing any step-by-steps, we'll jump to everything getting mounted and the bulkhead fittings getting drilled for the board.

It's done! This is the first pic of the finished install and it was working!

A couple days later I got to finish carpeting the wings for the false floor.

All done! This is beyond my expectations for my first air suspension install!

For now I'm using a low profile mount for the controller on the Beatsonic bezel. Idk if I'll attempt a insert mount in the ashtray or something, but this is fine for now.

And now for what you came here for

..............any minute now.

uuuuunnnffffffff

Last surprise is the job I FINALLY tackled of removing the old PPF from the door handles. I've been so scared to do it for so long but it went fine.

So there we have it! That's where I'm at so far and the next steps will be finally adding the JDM Celsior lip kit, the roof spoiler and Wald trunk spoiler, as well as the Tom's lower fenders after I get them off to paint.
The following 3 users liked this post by styloren:
DarthBacon (06-24-24), MaxKechely (03-03-24), sypherjak (03-05-24)
Old 02-29-24, 07:00 PM
styloren
Pit Crew

Massive shoutout to @YannG and @LSBij for being the best bros and helping me get all of this done.
sypherjak (03-05-24)