Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS460 owner vehicles

Burzpaw's Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-20, 09:23 PM
98sscamaro
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Car looks great! How bright are the taillights compared to the stock lights? For both the tails and brake lights?
Old 10-22-20, 11:49 PM
Burzpaw
Driver School Candidate

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by 98sscamaro
Car looks great! How bright are the taillights compared to the stock lights? For both the tails and brake lights?
Thanks! Taillights are surprisingly bright for being the smoked version. They are brighter in person compared to what the camera captures; I would say they are just as bright as stock if not a little brighter.
The following users liked this post:
98sscamaro (11-06-20)
Old 11-28-20, 10:21 AM
jonjolie
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sick build! I haven't been on here in a while and need to replace my front LCAs and decided to go on the forum again. Good to see that guys are still modding our LS460's on here.
SoCal represent!!
Burzpaw (01-06-21)
Old 01-06-21, 02:28 PM
Burzpaw
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jonjolie
Sick build! I haven't been on here in a while and need to replace my front LCAs and decided to go on the forum again. Good to see that guys are still modding our LS460's on here.
SoCal represent!!
Most definitely! I definitely don't see too many modded LS's cruising the streets around town haha.
Old 02-24-21, 11:44 AM
Burzpaw
Driver School Candidate

Been a while since I've posted up anything here, took a little pause but I have a few things coming up this week so stay tuned! Here's a photo I grabbed of the car sitting on the OEM wheels-- I never ran the stock wheels on bags and it had me wondering if I should sell my wheels or get a second set of wheels in either 20" or 21" with higher profile tires for the ride quality. We'll see!

Got a few things coming up for the front end and rear suspension!
DadzIS (01-27-24)
Old 02-25-21, 06:55 AM
lwphat66
Instructor

Received 448 Likes on 322 Posts

Originally Posted by Burzpaw
Been a while since I've posted up anything here, took a little pause but I have a few things coming up this week so stay tuned! Here's a photo I grabbed of the car sitting on the OEM wheels-- I never ran the stock wheels on bags and it had me wondering if I should sell my wheels or get a second set of wheels in either 20" or 21" with higher profile tires for the ride quality. We'll see!

Got a few things coming up for the front end and rear suspension!
How is the ride on the 18s compared with the 22s you were running? I too am planning a front end refresh but need to tackle the control arms first. Great to see another "07 L being given special attention.
Look forward to more of your pics soon!
Old 02-25-21, 02:41 PM
Burzpaw
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lwphat66
How is the ride on the 18s compared with the 22s you were running? I too am planning a front end refresh but need to tackle the control arms first. Great to see another "07 L being given special attention.
Look forward to more of your pics soon!
The 50 series tires on the 18's definitely absorb a lot of the more minuscule imperfections in the road. The 30 series on my 22's don't want to take anything especially with my suspension but it's still worlds different than my other car on bags and 30 series tires which was half the weight. Thanks! Will hopefully be working on the car tomorrow.
Old 03-31-21, 01:28 PM
Burzpaw
Driver School Candidate

Had intended to go out and do a quick shoot right away but had a couple hiccups and been busy lately so here's a little update of what's been going on!

@thecamberking rear upper arms for camber adjustability. Went back and forth with the tension/thrust arm to get the right size but I have it set now and he's currently making lower arms for toe adjustability.

Picked up an Aimgain front lip from a fellow member here!

Couldn't get it to fit easily so this is the only teaser you'll get until I get a shop to fit it on.

Also swapped out my inner grille and emblem for an LS600h because I loved the look and ease of cleaning it versus the 07-09 emblem.

Big curveball with these wheels. Picked up a set of Range Rover wheels from another LS owner in order to run while I redo the Bazreias. I'm really digging the OEM+ look so much so that I might potentially throw the Bazreias for sale. Might get custom spacers and do some fender work to get the fitment tighter with these.

Last edited by Burzpaw; 03-31-21 at 01:32 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Burzpaw:
DadzIS (01-27-24), espinoza00 (03-31-21)
Old 04-24-21, 04:57 PM
Burzpaw
Driver School Candidate

Finally got the lip on! A friend recommended this shop(Auto Explosion in Gardena, CA) and they did quality work fitting and painting my Aimgain lip. Also had them refinish my bumper to make sure the paint matched, remove all the rock chips, and also shave the license plate mount. Had intended to eventually convert the front end to the 13-17 front end but this is looking pretty nice now!

Last edited by Burzpaw; 04-24-21 at 05:11 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Burzpaw:
Boomin (05-04-21), DadzIS (01-27-24), lwphat66 (04-25-21)
Old 04-25-21, 05:38 AM
lwphat66
Instructor

Received 448 Likes on 322 Posts

Originally Posted by Burzpaw
Finally got the lip on! A friend recommended this shop(Auto Explosion in Gardena, CA) and they did quality work fitting and painting my Aimgain lip. Also had them refinish my bumper to make sure the paint matched, remove all the rock chips, and also shave the license plate mount. Had intended to eventually convert the front end to the 13-17 front end but this is looking pretty nice now!
Awesome brother, looking nice and clean! Fit and finish seem to flow beautifully. You've inspired me to get working on my front end refresh, just hope it turns out as smooth as yours.
Old 04-25-21, 02:02 PM
Burzpaw
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lwphat66
Awesome brother, looking nice and clean! Fit and finish seem to flow beautifully. You've inspired me to get working on my front end refresh, just hope it turns out as smooth as yours.
Thanks man! Yea the finish looks just as nice in person. It definitely took off some years on the car! Looking forward to seeing yours!
Old 05-03-21, 10:10 AM
Burzpaw
Driver School Candidate

So I bought the Range Rover wheels with tires used for a good deal and quickly found out why. They originally came with Michelin Pilot Sports and I thought I got a steal since I pretty much just paid for the tires or wheels alone. It drove fine on the sidestreet but had a wobble on the highway at higher speeds past 70mph. I got metal hubcentric rings and got all four rebalanced. Shop said two were a little off but they were able to take care of it. Drove it home and it still had a wobble unfortunately. I concluded if the shop was able to balance them with no issues, then the wheels shouldn't have any issues and maybe the tires were out of round or whatever else could cause them to wobble. Finally had time to get them replaced and switched them out to Hankooks. Wobble is gone! ride seems to be quieter too which is always a plus. Not sure why the old tires were causing the wobble but it's behind me now haha. Digging the car even more with these wheels and the 35 series tires.

Boomin (12-09-21)
Old 11-14-21, 09:39 PM
Burzpaw
Driver School Candidate

Swapped back to the oem arms since I've grown to love these wheels and didn't find it necessary to run more camber than stock. Had some premature camber wear so I decided to try some different tires that I found for a steal. Achilles ATR Sport 2's in a 235/35r21 size. Little more stretch compared to the 245 Hankooks which has really helped not rubbing at my ride height! Sitting really proper now!

Boomin (11-17-21)
Old 12-07-21, 06:37 PM
todbundy
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Looking right! Ahhhh I want that front lip even more now haha. License plate shave turned out slick with the lip, almost gives it a little "v" in the center to split the bumper ducts I'm digging it. Subcribed for more of your money moves 💪🏻
Old 12-07-21, 11:53 PM
Burzpaw
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by todbundy
Looking right! Ahhhh I want that front lip even more now haha. License plate shave turned out slick with the lip, almost gives it a little "v" in the center to split the bumper ducts I'm digging it. Subcribed for more of your money moves 💪🏻
Thanks man, I appreciate it but it’s bittersweet; I recently got in an accident a week ago and the car was totaled unfortunately.

Quick Reply: Burzpaw's Build Thread