Suspension:
- Universal Air Solution Series air struts
- Airlift 3P Management
- 25mm bolt-on spacers

Wheels:
- 21" Range Rover wheels w/ Achilles ATR Sport 2's 235/35r21

Performance/Other:
- Muffler delete

Last edited by Burzpaw; 11-14-21 at 09:32 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Burzpaw:
azeluiz (12-24-20), dubless (03-04-21), Erikinthe619 (05-04-24)
Old 09-30-20, 10:44 AM
Burzpaw
Driver School Candidate

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Decided to start up a thread to keep track of what I throw into the car. Picked her up in December of last year right before New Year's. 2007 LS460L all stock, 129k miles; it was really clean inside and out.

Early January she started acting up. The car slowly started to jerk every time I shifted from Park to Reverse or to Drive. Thought I bought a lemon! I used my reader and it was throwing codes for the shift solenoid. Had my mechanic replace (2) of the shift solenoids that he was picking up from his scanner and he included a brand new harness since the solenoid connections are subject to oil. Problem fixed! Haven't had any issues since thankfully.

February I got a set of @Oliver Enterprises exhaust vents to get a little more tone out of the car and love the way it sounds.

Ended up getting some wheels also in February which I found on Offerup. Weds Kranze Bazreia 22x9 +50 hi-disc. They had been redrilled from 5x114 to 5x120, shaved 5mm(originally +45) and the faces were redone in a hand-brushed finish. The barrels were 8" and were hitting the front knuckles but I picked them up anyway since I knew I was going to relip/rebarrel them eventually after bags. They were a decent price as well. I ended up getting spacers for the time being so I could throw them on the car already, haha.

From there it was just noticing things that I could replace that weren't functioning properly. Passenger's parking light bulb was out so I swapped to amber LED's from DDM Tuning back in April. I did the shortcut method coming from the grille but I ended up needing to remove the bumper anyway after stupidly dropping the LED in the housing trying to fasten the socket back in. Swapped out the fogs as well for LED while I was at it. I ended up getting new OEM hood struts as well as you can tell in the pic below I was propping the hood up with an umbrella at this time lol.

Next up was tint! Ordered the Mercedes Blue Tint from Vipdout back in May and got it installed by House of Tint in Cerritos. Wasn't sure at the time if the blue tint would be dark enough that I'd eventually get pulled over so I had them install Air Blue 80 on the windshield to be safe and to complete the coverage.

And as of recently, I caved in and ordered air suspension parts.
I have Airlift 3H management that I'm slowly installing myself while I wait for my Universal Air Solution Series air struts to come in. Going for a simple trunk set up for now so I can air this baby out. Planning to have a cover with plexiglass window so I can still have usable trunk space without worrying about damaging the management.

Big shoutout to Thomas AKA @fittedcustoms (Instagram Username) for the awesome ashtray delete/Airlift controller mount. Hit him up if you're looking for an awesome piece to showcase your control! Looks like it was meant to be there.

Should be getting the bags sometime next month so we'll be aired out soon enough!

Last edited by Burzpaw; 09-30-20 at 01:47 PM.
Old 09-30-20, 11:27 AM
espinoza00
Driver School Candidate

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice work.
Old 09-30-20, 12:41 PM
Burzpaw
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by espinoza00
Nice work.
Thanks!
Old 09-30-20, 10:25 PM
Burzpaw
Driver School Candidate

Led tail lights came in today and I had to install them right away! Been eyeing the smoked versions for a long time but they had always been out of stock-- I intended to run these until I do a front/rear 2015 conversion/facelift. I got an email saying K2 Motor restocked and I immediately ordered them, haha. Really glad I went with the smoked version versus the red tails, changes up the rear and looks a little more aggressive. Even more hyped now to get my air suspension in

Old 10-01-20, 09:18 PM
sdls
Lexus Champion

Received 294 Likes on 242 Posts

What’s your tire width and sidewall? Like 245/25R22?
Old 10-01-20, 11:49 PM
Burzpaw
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sdls
What’s your tire width and sidewall? Like 245/25R22?
Close! 245/30 haha.
Old 10-02-20, 06:08 AM
sdls
Lexus Champion

Received 294 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by Burzpaw
Close! 245/30 haha.
Dang! How’s the ride?
Old 10-02-20, 08:04 AM
Burzpaw
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sdls
Dang! How’s the ride?
It's great-- to me haha. I came from driving lightweight Hondas on springs, coilovers and bags PLUS low profile tires so the ride on 22's with 30 series tires and stock suspension on here is still good to me. You definitely feel the road a lot more and it's a little rough through LA roads but I've taken it on long drives to NorCal and AZ/NV and it still road like a boat to me and the fam. I wouldn't suggest it if you're looking for absolute plush/comfort. Definitely have to watch the road more for potholes because I had a few dings on my passenger front lip which I hammered back(not too concerned since it still holds air and I'm relipping after bags).
The following users liked this post:
sdls (10-02-20)
Old 10-07-20, 09:17 PM
Burzpaw
Driver School Candidate

Solution Series bags came in today-- it's going to be a fun weekend!
espinoza00 (10-15-20)
Old 10-12-20, 01:38 AM
Burzpaw
Driver School Candidate

Bags are finally installed! Still have to fine tune it but I'm so glad I got the bags in with the air lines routed. Front upper control arm ball joints and rear sway bar end links took the longest and were a first for me; never had an issue with them on other cars. Here she is as of now! Still need to raise up the struts another 1-2" but this is physically where I want the ride height-- it's about a 1" drop from stock?

This pic below is a low setting where the top of the wheel lips are "touching" the fender radius. It can go MUCH lower.. I wasn't even 50 psi at this height which is why I need to raise up the struts a lot more. Need to do a little shoot once I'm done with fine tuning it.

It can go a lot lower haha.

The following 2 users liked this post by Burzpaw:
Boomin (10-14-20), espinoza00 (10-15-20)
Old 10-12-20, 08:51 AM
Burzpaw
Driver School Candidate

Checked up on the pressure and took a few shots in the morning. Bags and tank pressure stayed pretty much the same the whole night so my seals are good. These next few shots are with the front at 60psi and the rear at 20psi. Need to raise the front more and the rear maybe another inch. After that, it's onto shaving off a few plastic trim that's getting in the way from going a little lower. Oh, and giving it a much needed wash.

Boomin (05-02-21), espinoza00 (10-15-20)
Old 10-13-20, 02:37 PM
espinoza00
Driver School Candidate

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm to old to be hating on your ride lol Subscribe now.
Burzpaw (10-14-20)
Old 10-14-20, 01:31 AM
Burzpaw
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by espinoza00
I'm to old to be hating on your ride lol Subscribe now.
Haha, much appreciated!

More driveway shots until I free up some time this week to finish up making adjustments and get an alignment so I can take it places.

Boomin (10-14-20), espinoza00 (10-15-20)
Old 10-16-20, 01:44 AM
Burzpaw
Driver School Candidate

Lengthened my shocks in efforts to run a lower psi at ride height-- turns out the bags were maxed out so I also ended up raising my aired out height about an inch. Doesn't look half bad, compromised the slammed look for ride quality haha. Got an alignment today and went out to take a couple shots somewhere:

The following 3 users liked this post by Burzpaw:
Boomin (10-23-20), DadzIS (01-27-24), Erikinthe619 (05-04-24)

Quick Reply: Burzpaw's Build Thread