Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3GS owner vehicles

My 2008 GS460

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-21, 01:34 PM
TreysGS460
Intermediate

Received 148 Likes on 110 Posts
Default Full Exhaust is here!

All of my exhaust pieces have finally arrived, I hope to install the headers first, and then dyno the car to get an estimate of those gains, then I'll install the rest of the exhaust. I'm pretty busy with school but hope to have it done sometime next month.
I'm estimating a 40whp gain from this setup.

PPE engineering ceramic coated catless headers
JoeZ/ PTS ISF mid-pipe with dual PTS resonators
dual Borla proXS mufflers

all TIG welded 2.5 inch 304 stainless.

The following users liked this post:
mrbondy (03-21-21)
Old 03-21-21, 04:02 PM
Slopeback
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Man she's gonna sound great! Does the isf mid pipe fit our cars? Had no idea! Will you have to fab mounting hangers? I know from mid pipe back will need to be custom. I had a shop make a dual exhaust with x pipe for me. No resonators and I am running borla pro xs as well. With headers that thing is gonna growl! Great setup man. Look forward to seeing it take shape. I have a couple of months before I get mine.
Old 03-21-21, 10:55 PM
mrbondy
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TreysGS460
Both my front and back bumpers needed paint, just finished the rear and installed some 78works smoked taillights. Installed a real carbon fiber grill, and will be waiting to repaint the front, because eventually I'll be swapping an ISF front bumper.

The grill needs a bit of tweaking, which I'll take care of when I have the bumper off.

Nice taillights, I only recently discovered 78works
Looking forward to getting some of their taillights myself
Old 03-23-21, 01:48 AM
skyyos
Driver

Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts

I contacted PPE for headers and they say there are only unequal length headers available.

I will be ordering myself a headers too. Was there any selective options to choose from?

[QUOTE=TreysGS460;11017604]All of my exhaust pieces have finally arrived, I hope to install the headers first, and then dyno the car to get an estimate of those gains, then I'll install the rest of the exhaust. I'm pretty busy with school but hope to have it done sometime next month.
I'm estimating a 40whp gain from this setup.

PPE engineering ceramic coated catless headers
JoeZ/ PTS ISF mid-pipe with dual PTS resonators
dual Borla proXS mufflers

all TIG welded 2.5 inch 304 stainless.

[/QUOTE
Old 03-23-21, 06:10 PM
TreysGS460
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Slopeback
Man she's gonna sound great! Does the isf mid pipe fit our cars? Had no idea! Will you have to fab mounting hangers? I know from mid pipe back will need to be custom. I had a shop make a dual exhaust with x pipe for me. No resonators and I am running borla pro xs as well. With headers that thing is gonna growl! Great setup man. Look forward to seeing it take shape. I have a couple of months before I get mine.
Thanks! I can't wait to hear it! The undercarriage is essentially the same, so it will fit underneath, the flanges to the headers will need to be adjusted though. Which I'll have TIG welded professionally.
Old 03-23-21, 06:12 PM
TreysGS460
Intermediate

Originally Posted by skyyos
I contacted PPE for headers and they say there are only unequal length headers available.

I will be ordering myself a headers too. Was there any selective options to choose from?

Yes, only unequal length. The only option I am aware of is the Black ceramic coat, which is $300.
Old 03-23-21, 06:36 PM
Slopeback
Driver

Originally Posted by TreysGS460
Thanks! I can't wait to hear it! The undercarriage is essentially the same, so it will fit underneath, the flanges to the headers will need to be adjusted though. Which I'll have TIG welded professionally.
That's great! I'm afraid I'm going to have to put a couple of vibrant ultra quiet resonators on mine. Post some videos when you get it together! Can't wait brother!
Old 04-05-21, 02:27 PM
TreysGS460
Intermediate

Default F sport sways

Installed and adjusted the rear F sport sway bar that came with my other 460. I had the mufflers taken off just to see what it sounds like, not bad but I hope the full exhaust sounds better. For testing I took her around a loop close to the shop.

The following 3 users liked this post by TreysGS460:
Boomin (04-24-21), hunterhill (02-04-22), Sanac (05-06-21)
Old 04-07-21, 07:28 AM
Slopeback
Driver

Sounds good! Man we need an lsd in our cars. Driving hard in the corners is tricky. That tire breaks lose pretty easy. Is she leaning less with the new bar?
Old 04-07-21, 10:01 AM
Slopeback
Driver

I'm wanting to find a quad exhaust diffuser. No luck.
Old 04-10-21, 01:57 PM
TreysGS460
Intermediate

Sounds good! Man we need an lsd in our cars. Driving hard in the corners is tricky. That tire breaks lose pretty easy. Is she leaning less with the new bar?
Yeah, I'll likely swap an aftermarket ISF LSD in the future. The Pilot Sport 4S tires are VERY sticky, so I haven't been braking them loose too often, I was trying to kick the rear out and she stayed pretty straight, and I noticed less body roll.
Old 04-10-21, 03:36 PM
Slopeback
Driver

I have been looking into an lsd as well. I'm hesitant to spend more than I already have on my car. It's very expensive. I will be getting an isf in the near future. Thought about an rcf or the new is500. I'm waiting on pricing to come out for the is500 but I think it will be out of my range even with the discounts I get.
Old 04-10-21, 10:30 PM
Slopeback
Driver

I'm thinking about cutting my bumper to allow stacked dual exhaust. Homage to the f family. If I'm pushing 400 hp at the crank, it's not necessarily false advertising. Short of f badges, I think it is acceptable. Most people won't know the damn difference.
mrbondy (04-13-21)
Old 04-11-21, 12:36 AM
Slopeback
Driver

I'm cutting my bumper to allow stacked duals. Join me bro. 400 + hp gives us the right. No f badges though. Lol
Old 04-11-21, 08:14 PM
TreysGS460
Intermediate

I'm thinking about cutting my bumper to allow stacked dual exhaust. Homage to the f family. If I'm pushing 400 hp at the crank, it's not necessarily false advertising. Short of f badges, I think it is acceptable. Most people won't know the damn difference.
Oh yeah I'm totally for the quad tips, F badges are cool with me, especially since I plan on being faster than most of them. They wont be able to complain if they can only see my CLEAN 78works taillights. I'm also in the market for an ISF, but waiting till I finish college!

Sanac (05-06-21)

Quick Reply: My 2008 GS460