Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3GS owner vehicles

My 2008 GS460

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-21, 10:15 AM
hunterhill
Driver

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

What's up Trey, do you know anyone selling a TCM for the IS-F, I am trying to do a swap. Thanks in advance. Your car definitely inspired a lot of what I am doing to mine, thanks bro.
Old 12-14-21, 03:26 AM
TreysGS460
Intermediate

Received 148 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by hunterhill
What's up Trey, do you know anyone selling a TCM for the IS-F, I am trying to do a swap. Thanks in advance. Your car definitely inspired a lot of what I am doing to mine, thanks bro.
I don't, it seems like the TCMs are getting to be pretty rare. I'm following your build! looking good!
Old 12-14-21, 09:18 AM
hunterhill
Driver

Originally Posted by TreysGS460
I don't, it seems like the TCMs are getting to be pretty rare. I'm following your build! looking good!
Thats what’s up. I was prepared for dealer cost. Thanks, I appreciate it.

Lots of things I’m patiently waiting on namely my Aimgain bumper, Savini wheels and PPE “accessories” hahaha. Thanks for following the journey.

Btw painter tape coming off today with holes plugged but will be without spoiler for a few days pending daddy daughter project carbon spoiler mounting.
The following users liked this post:
TreysGS460 (05-13-22)
Old 01-30-22, 11:20 PM
TreysGS460
Intermediate

Default Jan 22 update and photo dump!!

Finally got some time to get the Fake GSF into the shop and on a lift. Due to school, Covid, and most shops refusing to touch it in Cali, it took FOREVER. The new drivers side header fits perfectly now, with no rubbing. You can see the differences between v1 and v2, and even though I did drive the car about 200 miles, there wasnt much damage other than the coating coming off the header. The rubbing came from one of the column joints, which is pretty beefy as well as possibly heat treated for strength, and I couldnt see any damage there luckily.

We also installed the RR USRS, no issues there, and the car really feels connected now, got into some twisties on the way home and was very comfortable at speed. We didn't have time to finish the rest of the exhaust, but got it mocked up to see what needs work. I was pretty shocked that the Joez midpipe for the ISF matches the header angle perfectly, and fits completely fine, with the only issue being the length of the o2 sensors, which I have the extensions for already, gotta get the carpets up for that though.

There is some interference from the body further down on the midpipe, near the resonators in red. The tunnel there on the GS is a bit shorter but still angled correctly, so by extending the blue area by a few inches it will clear. A very simple job that I'll get done soon.

Got him home and cleaned up, this old paint needs a lot of work, but still looks alright from a distance!

Before and after! The wheel gap is atrocious I know, but Cali roads are trash, and there were other things that are more important to me, but a solution will be purchased soon, maybe keep it simple with BC coilovers.

I used a Chemical guys kit and despite my love for Meguiars, I'm pretty happy with it.

More to come! Stay tuned!

The following 4 users liked this post by TreysGS460:
Bastrd6 (02-01-22), hunterhill (02-04-22), mrbondy (01-31-22), petershen (01-31-22)
Old 01-31-22, 03:04 PM
Slopeback
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Glad you are finally getting big blue blazin again. I'm dying to hear the exhaust when you get it all put on. Interesting about the joez midpipe matching up. Might need to look into that myself. Great job buddy. Keep us posted!
Old 03-26-22, 06:02 PM
TreysGS460
Intermediate

If anyone is curious about the ISF TCM swap.

the Transmissioin Control Module part number that I used was 89535-53010.

The stock 460 TCM is located under this plastic housing, held on by 3 bolts. once inside, its located underneath more electronics. I unplugged the battery before starting and disconnected many things in this area to help me get to the TCM, just take your time and it'll be fine.

Last edited by TreysGS460; 03-26-22 at 07:02 PM.
hunterhill (03-26-22)
Old 04-04-22, 01:26 PM
TreysGS460
Intermediate

Default April update, Tuned by Loi!

Today I met with Loi from Off the line perfomance, and we were able to get the GS460 road tuned. My carbon intake was installed and the MAF was rescaled. Prior to the tune, the car wouldn't even run with the intake, and now it runs, idles, goes WOT with no issues. I'll be installing the heat shield and ISF air inlet to help with heat soak soon.

To put it simply, THIS IS THE TUNE THE CAR NEEDED.

It feels very strong, and much more powerful, and the response has improved too. I don't have dyno numbers yet, but I have new 60-130 numbers which will tell the informed all they need to know.

This is my previous best, 15.1 with S7 tune and midpipe.

And my current best, adding headers, intake and retune, cutting off almost a full second. I also had a 14.0 run with low satellites.

I'm pretty sure this is the first FBO, Tuned GS460, so thats pretty cool.
Let me know what you think!

hunterhill (04-05-22)
Old 04-05-22, 07:30 AM
hunterhill
Driver

I think I need to add Cali as a shipping spot for my tune once I figure out how I want this thing to sound. Offering any info on the intake, i'd sure like one or be taught how to make one. I have the K&N filter but I know more can be achieved.
Old 04-05-22, 12:53 PM
TreysGS460
Intermediate

Originally Posted by hunterhill
I think I need to add Cali as a shipping spot for my tune once I figure out how I want this thing to sound. Offering any info on the intake, i'd sure like one or be taught how to make one. I have the K&N filter but I know more can be achieved.
Making one would definitely be cheaper, I just bought this one from RR racing, its their ISF intake.
Old 04-05-22, 02:57 PM
Slopeback
Driver

Will loi be using vf tuner soon? Might be a stupid question.
Old 04-06-22, 03:47 PM
TreysGS460
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Slopeback
Will loi be using vf tuner soon? Might be a stupid question.
he's already using it, but if you mean for the 460, he hopes to soon.
Old 04-06-22, 03:50 PM
TreysGS460
Intermediate

The heatshield fits nice and snug!

First ever GS460 Tuned by Loi

Old 04-06-22, 04:10 PM
Slopeback
Driver

That's pretty sweet. Strange to see an RR intake on a GS460. So it doesn't use the snorkel for the inlet? Does it pull from behind the headlight? Probably has some sweet induction hoon. I would think the original MAF sensor would work, but apparently not. It's a shame we have to MacGyver an intake. Good job bro. Have you finished your exhaust yet?
Old 04-07-22, 01:58 PM
TreysGS460
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Slopeback
That's pretty sweet. Strange to see an RR intake on a GS460. So it doesn't use the snorkel for the inlet? Does it pull from behind the headlight? Probably has some sweet induction hoon. I would think the original MAF sensor would work, but apparently not. It's a shame we have to MacGyver an intake. Good job bro. Have you finished your exhaust yet?
I will be installing a fresh air inlet soon, an ISF oem one. Loi made the variable cams more aggressive, and at 4k RPM it makes this super deep induction noise. Car revs out all the way to 7200 now and has much more power throughout the powerband.

I am using the OEM 460 MAF sensor, the intake actually fits there with no cutting or anything, and we logged decent IATs with the heatshield attached. Exhaust is getting done soon, finishing up some other things first.
Old 04-07-22, 02:20 PM
Slopeback
Driver

Damit. Got me all jealous bro. Post some videos when you can. You must be stoked haha.

Quick Reply: My 2008 GS460