Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Maynanator’s 1gz swap project

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-21 | 07:14 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Very impressive kit for sure. I can't wait to see some more pictures and info on it. There are so many people that get into this and give up. If you stick with, well, that might just make you a legend around these parts.
The following 3 users liked this post by RudysSC:
Bimmerbill (01-28-21), KahnBB6 (01-30-21), SupMister (02-24-21)
Old 02-24-21 | 04:40 AM
SupMister
Driver School Candidate

Hey just joined my first forum in at least like 7 years just to be able to comment haha. I am doing a 1GZ in my IS300 sportcross which is a more bolt in affair. I hope I see some progress. I am stoked for the quickshift sump kit. I had originally wanted the 1GZ in one of my mkiv Supra’s but it’s still unknown territory.

Are you merging your harnesses or sending them out? That’s going to be my biggest job to do without an electrical diagram guide.

Can’t wait to see your progress!

p.s - do you want to sell the plastic engine cover? Mine didn’t come with one 😂
The following users liked this post:
maynanator (03-01-21)
Old 03-01-21 | 08:45 AM
maynanator
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SupMister
Hey just joined my first forum in at least like 7 years just to be able to comment haha. I am doing a 1GZ in my IS300 sportcross which is a more bolt in affair. I hope I see some progress. I am stoked for the quickshift sump kit. I had originally wanted the 1GZ in one of my mkiv Supra’s but it’s still unknown territory.

Are you merging your harnesses or sending them out? That’s going to be my biggest job to do without an electrical diagram guide.

Can’t wait to see your progress!

p.s - do you want to sell the plastic engine cover? Mine didn’t come with one 😂
Dude Yes! I would love to put a 1gz in a sportcross some day with a 5/6 speed behind it.

The oil pan kit can’t come soon enough!

As far as the wiring, my friend used to work for Prospeed Autosports back when they were still D3 performance building harnesses and freelanced for a bit before his current day job. So I’m going to let him decide what to do about the wiring work. I believe we’ll merge the harnesses, then create a flying lead for a haltech unit. But I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it.

I know there’s an oddity with the... cam position sensors I believe. Something about the positive and negative being the same color and causing fantom misfires if hooked up backwards. But from the people i’ve talked to... the rest of the wiring is nothing too crazy to work out.
Old 06-05-21 | 03:28 PM
aconis
Driver School Candidate

Default Great built

Hi. Glad to hear this swap becoming more popular. I am doing 1GZ swap to BRZ and I currently stuck with the adapter plate for the manual gearbox. My idea was to use BMW’s M57 engine 5 speed but to marry it I need to create the adapter plate which was never made before and it seems to be a problem for the place I live. There two ready solutions with cast bell housing for R154 and adapter kit for CD009 gearbox from 350z though.
what was your plan to bolt w58 to 1GZ?
BTW if you need any electrical wiring diagram I have got everything for GZG50 century and can share with no problem.
Old 09-19-21 | 07:00 PM
CLass of 1
Advanced

Originally Posted by aconis
Hi. Glad to hear this swap becoming more popular. I am doing 1GZ swap to BRZ and I currently stuck with the adapter plate for the manual gearbox. My idea was to use BMW’s M57 engine 5 speed but to marry it I need to create the adapter plate which was never made before and it seems to be a problem for the place I live. There two ready solutions with cast bell housing for R154 and adapter kit for CD009 gearbox from 350z though.
what was your plan to bolt w58 to 1GZ?
BTW if you need any electrical wiring diagram I have got everything for GZG50 century and can share with no problem.
I tried to send you a PM but it wouldn’t allow me to. Please send me whatever details you have! I just bought my SC and will be buying the 1GZ within the next year or so. I would like to plan everything out ahead of time.

Many thanks!

Nick
Old 09-19-21 | 07:04 PM
CLass of 1
Advanced

To OP, super excited for your project. I have been watching those Supra Supreme videos too and it’s given me the confidence to move forward with it.

My plan is almost identical to yours, except I am thinking MoTec will be the ECU I go with as I want to go away from the batch firing of the stick 1GZ and move to all coil on plug. The MoTec M150 also supports 4 knock sensors, which the 1GZ has 4 from factory. It’s hot cheap, but I plan to go naturally aspirated all the way, so tuning capabilities are going to be key to being able to make the power I want to make.

I wish you tremendous luck, my friend. I’ll be watching!

Nick
Old 09-26-21 | 09:31 AM
aconis
Driver School Candidate

Hi Nick,
Send me email on aconis2000@gmail.com.
Old 05-17-22 | 07:33 PM
CLass of 1
Advanced

Originally Posted by aconis
Hi Nick,
Send me email on aconis2000@gmail.com.
Hey there aconis! I sent you an email but haven’t heard back. Hoping to find you here. My email is nickdex87 @ yahoo.com

Thank you!

Nick
Old 12-01-23 | 03:13 PM
ConnorRD
1st Gear

Any updates on this? Really interested in doing one or at least getting more info on it and planning it out in the future

thanks - connor