Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Barbary's SC, the Purple Bullet

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-22, 10:42 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Received 508 Likes on 301 Posts

Originally Posted by Rcreegan
@Barbary yeah once I get everything worked out I’m going to have the car fully resprayed the oem imperial jade mica. I am going to shave the bay and repaint that the same color but adding a very heavy thick gold flake to it as well in the clear. The color scheme is gold and green
Yeh, Hope it works for ya 🍸
man you're doin some heavy-duty stuff. All you guys have so much talent!
Old 07-11-22, 06:08 PM
Rcreegan
Intermediate

Received 132 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Barbary
Yeh, Hope it works for ya 🍸
man you're doin some heavy-duty stuff. All you guys have so much talent!

@Barbary talent maybe, I figure if it looks like crap I can just redo it lol 😂 can’t look any worse then it does now lol. Atleast your enjoying your car and taking cool trips . Mine has sat around for the past year in half in millions of pieces !
The following users liked this post:
Barbary (07-13-22)
Old 07-25-22, 01:02 AM
Barbary
Instructor

Default 901 miles

Got out for a 3 day trip this week. You can probably say I'm a certified train fan, military planes (I was in the Air Force), Hot Rods, I had Chevys original muscle car, a camera/photography guy and lot of traveling. So I'm in my element when the 3 of us, me, the bullet and camera are taking off on a trip somewhere, like we've done over the past 20 yrs and before that in my 4WD Blazer. You won't be surprised that the trip was to Durango Co. for a train ride on the Durango and Silverton Narrow Gauge RR considered maybe the best fun ride in the US. You won't be surprised I took a lot of pictures and drove the car 901 miles.

Was a little apprehensive after the car had to be towed for the first time in its life because the alternator finally died last trip. One definitely doesn't want to get stranded in most of the places I drive. And the Bullet never has. Love the car 💜. Love driving it
Working on getting those gauges I had wrote about. I have them and think I have a good place set up for them, Its just like everything up here, finding knowledgable anyone to wire them

I think by the pics you can tell everything just fell into place. (they don't always) ha ha

Bullet at 4 Corners USA

Durango and Silverton Narrow Gauge RR

Monument Valley 2022
I can never pass up going to Monument Valley. It really is a magical place, surreal!

Sometimes I go out for a week or 2 but the whole Southwest has been in a heavy monsoon and I think just by luck, I reserved the train ticket a month ago, I got the only good 3 days in a row. You don't want to be on the road when heavy flash floods hit
The Bullet was its usual flawless self
The following 3 users liked this post by Barbary:
Bimmerbill (07-25-22), joewitafro (07-28-22), KahnBB6 (07-25-22)
Old 07-25-22, 05:00 AM
Bimmerbill
Advanced

Received 327 Likes on 253 Posts

Hey Joe,
I always look forward to your trips and post and am always learning. I am so glad that we have someone in the club that that is able to get out and make these trips.
Please continue your good work of showing what the West looks like today.
I understand about the alternator. I am having to let a friend change mine out since the back surgery. I am going with a SC430 on my SC300 since it has the oval plug, the same as the 300. Another friend has milled off the extra length on that long boss and I am picking up 30 more watts,
Keep on keeping on,
Bill
The following 2 users liked this post by Bimmerbill:
Barbary (07-25-22), KahnBB6 (07-25-22)
Old 07-25-22, 11:59 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,207 Likes on 836 Posts

Awesome pics as always Barbary!! Love seeing you enjoy this car so much.
Barbary (07-25-22)
Old 07-25-22, 03:50 PM
KahnBB6
Forum Moderator

Received 1,251 Likes on 871 Posts

Joe, it's always great to see your travel pictures! Four Corners Monument and Monument Valley are on my travel list, hopefully with my SC. I love old trains as well and now you've made me add the Durango & Silverton railway as well!

Stay safe and cool out there!
Barbary (07-25-22)
Old 07-26-22, 04:55 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Thanks Bill, my alternator cost me $500-something and I was glad to pay it, out there on the road. Good luck w yours

Rudy, yes awesome places. The Bullet must like going to these places as much as I. I'm sure you enjoy your beautiful SC as much

Kahn, thanks Its always great to travel w the Bullet to these wonderful places and be able to take them
The railroad has got to be 1 of a kind, it runs thru some of the beautiful landscapes and operates numerous trips everyday 7 days, w original steam engines. One of the trips is run as a double header. 2 steam engines coupled together up front pulling a long line of original coaches to Silverton, the top._____That is almost unheard of!
Grand Canyon RR has 2 old steamers, they run 1 of them once a month and they go to the Grand Canyon. Seeing a steam engine anywhere is a big deal, for these guys its just their everyday job
Some of the train pics for ya

the "double header" getting ready to couple up to their passenger cars

the SC's front end has about the least air resistance possible (except maybe my 69 "Mako Shark" corvette) making it a best possible GT. Just slices thru the air
when I am out there at Hi Speeds w my well worn in Magna Flows it picks up this humm like I'm inside this powerful 747
Monument Valley, a Best. My 3rd time there recently. 4 Corners, not considering ever going back. Then again not too many places one can stand in 4 States at the same time

The following 4 users liked this post by Barbary:
Bimmerbill (07-26-22), KahnBB6 (07-26-22), Rcreegan (07-26-22), RudysSC (07-27-22)
Old 07-27-22, 11:00 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Monument Valley last Thursday morning

its sitting a little high this side the shoulder is slanted down

Last edited by Barbary; 07-27-22 at 11:16 PM.
joewitafro (07-28-22), KahnBB6 (07-28-22), RudysSC (08-02-22)
Old 07-28-22, 11:59 PM
joewitafro
Racer

Received 277 Likes on 197 Posts

Wow!!! I'm planning a trip through Monument valley and it would be a dream to take the SC to be able to capture such pictures as shown above. Really awesome!
Old 07-30-22, 05:30 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Default Driving Monument Valley

Originally Posted by joewitafro
Wow!!! I'm planning a trip through Monument valley and it would be a dream to take the SC to be able to capture such pictures as shown above. Really awesome!
I'm camera obsessed when its the right subjects. Took 210 photos of Monument Valley sunrise to sunset, mostly I couldn't believe how magnificent the place is
280 photos of the trains trip. Obviously I'm a big fan of trains and great landscapes and they both were as good as it gets
I'm in the process editing them and putting them into albums (I post on flickr)...here are a couple. from the many

Really obsessed driving the Bullet around these places

Hope you can make it out here someday

Last edited by Barbary; 07-30-22 at 10:39 PM.
joewitafro (07-30-22), KahnBB6 (07-31-22), RudysSC (08-02-22)
Old 08-13-22, 11:33 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Here is the album I put together:

https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjA2kuM 68 landscape photos of the place

Here are some car shots not in the album

IMO the best way view Monument Valley is on a big screen. I don't think you will get much viewing them on your phone
The thing about photos, they will instantly take you back to the time and space you took the shot. For me I like being there taking the pic
The following 2 users liked this post by Barbary:
KahnBB6 (08-16-22), RudysSC (08-15-22)
Old 08-15-22, 08:24 PM
Barbary
Instructor

A fun pic___in the album

KahnBB6 (08-16-22), Rcreegan (08-16-22), RudysSC (08-16-22)
Old 09-19-22, 12:47 AM
Barbary
Instructor

I've had my GlowShift gauges in a box since June. Haven't been able to have anyone wire them up. 3 of them. Oil pressure, Water temp, and Voltage, mostly because the car is an OBD1 and it would be an electrical hook up. Had a couple of almosts but fell thru and I know about mechanics as much as a shoe salesman ha ha. Ever since covid getting any thing done has been like pulling teeth, ouch!

So I wanted to see at least how they would look. Actually, to me they look pretty powerful. Look even better from the outside.
Have got zero help from the company, despite their claims of "world class" customer support.
this is one of their you tube "how to" videos Looks over convoluted to me
the oil pressure install

I'm going to be in soCal (Anaheim area) in a while does anyone know a shop anywhere around there that could wire up my gauges?
Here are the photos I took. I like that the rear view mirror, the gauges and my GPS are in a straight up and down line

the set up looks better than in the pics and I might put them on a small platform when and if I get them wired and working. I would then be a "Happy Camper"
Bimmerbill (09-19-22)
Old 09-23-22, 12:34 AM
Barbary
Instructor

Thought I'd share a great train ride I had this July in Colorado, The Old time steam engine, Durango & Silverton historic line. Probably the best train trip I've had

Being a real "trains, planes and automobile" guy, thats what I've done with my SC for over 20 years. Drive around the west to these places.
this is the flicker pictures taken riding the train. Has to be some of the best scenery in America ps. this ones specially for Rudy

https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjA4KFD

Bimmerbill (09-23-22), KahnBB6 (09-23-22), RudysSC (09-23-22)
Old 09-23-22, 09:22 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,207 Likes on 836 Posts

^ Barbary - I've been there several times and taken the train ride. It's a truly magnificent experience! I hope you enjoyed it. If you find your way into Denver anytime soon give me a heads up and it would be awesome to meet up with the SC's and grab a beer!
The following 2 users liked this post by RudysSC:
Barbary (09-24-22), KahnBB6 (09-24-22)

Quick Reply: Barbary's SC, the Purple Bullet