Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Barbary's SC, the Purple Bullet

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-23, 08:45 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,207 Likes on 836 Posts

Joe your car is not only unique, but you put more miles on it and use it more than 90% of us I'd imagine. If that isn't the best use of a big GT coupe I don't know what is!
The following users liked this post:
Barbary (06-15-23)
Old 06-18-23, 08:48 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Received 508 Likes on 301 Posts
Default Route 66, Old School, Retro, Big, Hot Rod & Custom Show. Williams, Az

Annual Williams, Az, 2 day event. Some of the 500 entrants. Folks come from all around to drive their precious baby's on the original "Mother Road"
Williams is basically a one street (Route 66) small town. Lot of cars and people get packed into that street. A real good time

Shoot out at OK Corral

Last edited by Barbary; 06-18-23 at 08:55 PM.
KahnBB6 (07-26-23)
Old 06-19-23, 06:36 AM
Bimmerbill
Advanced

Received 327 Likes on 253 Posts

Hey Joe,
Thank you for posting these pictures. That is what I grew up on street rods and customs. I am now out of that business except for a few old parts. I just sold my custom '49 Cadillac 2 door fastback so those days are gone forever for me.
Bill
Barbary (06-19-23)
Old 06-19-23, 09:14 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Quite the showing, Joe! Thanks for sharing. There are some real beauties in there!
Old 06-21-23, 05:24 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bimmerbill
Hey,
I am interested in the Cerakote also. Let me know how it goes. That may be the route I go.
Thanks,
Bill
Hi Guys___Still talking. Just wanted to say how impressed I am with this ceramic stuff. My headlights were starting to look like they were in the End Times, like they were fading fast. Then I read a post in here a guy was going Cerakote his lens, a ceramic. I had tried other stuff with mild success thru-out the years, figured, "what can I lose" the 30 year old headlights were already pretty shot. At the same time I had gotten a pretty nasty long windshield crack.

Was browsing Cerakote and they had a windshield protective coating and rain-x like repel. Sounded like I should do that to a new windshield (when possible I put a lot of miles on). The headlight clean and shine went on, surprisingly without any mishaps . Next day I did the windshield protectant, again surprisingly without any mishaps, they both have to "cure" for a while. Then I ceramic waxed the cars whole paint job with Turtle Hybrid solutions Ceramic wet wax. Everything looked fine. I had the same ceramic shine from the hard top roof, down across the windshield, over the hood, even on the headlights. Alright, good job, I was happy.

Now that it's been a while, it looks like the ceramic has sunk in and become a dynamic and interesting shine. Reminds me of water! Again interesting, the same excellent shine from the roof to the headlights. The 30 yr old lights totally rejuvenated and the 20 yr old paint job shines as good as ever. Although it was a 1st class paint job, back when they were doing 1st class painting.

See how it looks a full year later, It says the headlights have a life long guaranty (wish I had that guaranty) ha ha
Old 06-21-23, 05:28 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bimmerbill
Hey Joe,
Thank you for posting these pictures. That is what I grew up on street rods and customs. I am now out of that business except for a few old parts. I just sold my custom '49 Cadillac 2 door fastback so those days are gone forever for me.
Bill
Glad you liked the pics. I would love if you could refresh my memory and post a pic of your custom '49 Cadillac 2 door fastback Wow!
Joe

Old 06-21-23, 06:11 PM
Bimmerbill
Advanced

Hey Joe,
I could not help but laugh out loud at your comment wishing that you had the lifelong guaranty also. I went down and renewed my pistol permit today and it used to be you got it for a certain amount of years. I get mine free with my military time so when i looked at it, I discovered my new one was indefinite. I guess that is what they give everybody that is 84.
Now to get back to the Cerakote, I am so glad that you are happy with the product. I have bought a pair of headlights (which I mentioned earlier on another thread) and I intend to make them a winter project. Do keep us apprised of the continuing results of the Cerakote.
Thanks for posting,
Bill
Barbary (06-22-23)
Old 06-21-23, 06:26 PM
Bimmerbill
Advanced

Joe,
I forgot all about the Cadillac. I sold it about 2 months ago to a great guy in Cullman, AL. I had a number of people that had wanted it but just kept waiting for the right person. This fellow has 10 or 12 in his basement (all Cadillacs) with most all restored. That was who I had been waiting to find and he found me. Turned out he had worked for a engineer friend of mine for a number of years and came highly recommended
I had bought the car in High School and spent all of my part time job money on it. If you still want to see it I will get him to send pictures and will try and figure out how to put them on here, not so swift with the computer.
Bill
Old 07-08-23, 12:49 AM
Barbary
Instructor

Hello, haven't been driving for quite a while now, so here is a pic I took of the Purple Bullet in 2016. At Lake Tahoe from Mt Rose, Nevada

I've been in a Box called "Life Happens"___ I was blind, or at least 80% blind for 2 months. A Quack optometrist couldn't cure dry eye and just made it worse. I finally have total perfect vision back. (I did file a complaint with the state optometry board)
Then a dear pet I got out of the local rescue at 3 months old,I had till now for 3 years died in the saddest way possible, (won't go into details here) had me and her twin brother tore up for a while
Life happens, Life goes on

Have to talk about the ceramics I put on the whole car 2 mos ago
I can honestly say; the shines, the headlights, the windshield the whole body look better today than when I first applied the ceramics. The package says it takes a while to cure
Hard to believe the headlights still sparkle. The shine from the roof across the windshield, over the hood to the bumper just puts the biggest smile on my face
The only term I'm able to use about the shine on the paint is it's like a water. Fabulous, different shine, and it's on a 20 yr old paint job. But it was back in the day when Los Angeles was doing their finest work
The following 3 users liked this post by Barbary:
Bimmerbill (07-08-23), DaveGS4 (07-09-23), KahnBB6 (07-26-23)
Old 07-09-23, 04:37 AM
Bimmerbill
Advanced

Good morning Joe,
Sorry to hear what you have been through with your eyes. I know it must have been horrific. I have a brother 10 years younger that has lost his vision in one eye and cannot read with the other eye unless he is using a big magnifying glass. Good luck to you and stay away from that idiot.
Bill
Barbary (07-09-23)
Old 07-10-23, 04:39 AM
joewitafro
Racer

Received 277 Likes on 197 Posts

Hope you can get back on the road Barbary, that shot from tahoe is gorgeous; my family used to rent houses in the keys every summer and boat on the lake. A true beauty of the west coast. Did you know there are several fault lines going through the lake which continue to help deepen it? Been geeking out about geology and seismology a bit much lately. Haha!

Old 07-10-23, 08:47 AM
Barbary
Instructor

^^
Thanks Joe, yes I do know the geology and beauty of the place. Lived there many years. Sand Harbor, Zephyr Cove, some of my favorite and beautiful places on the planet. Raised my daughter there in the Eastern Sierra Nevada's

The following 2 users liked this post by Barbary:
joewitafro (07-26-23), RudysSC (07-10-23)
Old 07-21-23, 11:19 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Default Route 66

Well, I'm a-standing on a corner In Winslow, Arizona Such a fine sight to see, t's a girl, my Lord In a flat-bed Ford Slowin' down to take a look at me___Take It Easy

If you, ever plan to motor West
Travel my way, take the highway that's the best
Get your kicks, on Route 66
Now you go through Saint Looey
And Joplin, Missouri
And Oklahoma City looks mighty pretty
You'll see Amarillo
Gallup, New Mexico
Flagstaff, Arizona; don't forget Winona
Kingman, Barstow, San Bernandino

Been to the towns, Oklahoma City on except Winona. There's A Winona exit east of Flagstaff and have taken it twice, but never found Winona
A friend and I were driving I-40 in the Bullet and stopped in Winslow this
Wednesday. Outside of town there are some pretty crazy things, like Meteor Crater, best preserved huge meteor crater in the world
So I made this little traveling parody of the Bullet
This was in a place called Twin Arrows on I 40 outside of Winslow

Got into some trouble in Twin Arrows

So I took it to get fixed in a nearby place called 2 Guns
They were happy to see me and said would fix the car up real nice

Bullet loves driving these wide open spaces

The following 3 users liked this post by Barbary:
Bimmerbill (07-22-23), joewitafro (07-26-23), KahnBB6 (07-26-23)
Old 07-24-23, 10:46 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Always love the photos of your travels Joe! I still am in awe about that story with your eyes. Thank god things turned out as well as they did. Hope life is good - keep cruisin out there!
Barbary (07-26-23)
Old 07-26-23, 09:35 AM
Barbary
Instructor

Thank you Rudy, glad someone likes them, ha ha
Yeh being basically blind for over 2 months, I wake up each day and thank God I can see and am so grateful to have my vision back
"you don't know what you got till its gone"
I always had exceptional vision and I have it back and maybe even a touch better. Wow!
Like I said I am so Grateful
Joe

Quick Reply: Barbary's SC, the Purple Bullet