Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Barbary's SC, the Purple Bullet

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-21, 10:58 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Received 506 Likes on 300 Posts

Class thanks,
lot of knowledge. We actually talked about this prior, in what did you do to your SC post, or one of them. About claying my car 5 yrs ago and I did used a hand buffer w Meguiars wax. I chose to hand wax this time. I get close to the car in many ways when my hands and eyes go over every inch it. Like I mentioned I've developed a close almost 20 yr relationship with the Bullet. Things like that keep it close.
I didn't get out all the swirls. To do that I would have to compound the 20 yr old paint job, don't really want to do that. Surprisingly this super hard shell paste wax did remarkably well. There seems to be improvements in the product. I leaned on the car and slipped off. Check out that hood reflection photo just above.

BTW its not an RSP its a customized purple, pls check out my signature below...thank you for your comments and advice
Joe
Old 12-06-21, 11:03 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Originally Posted by Bimmerbill
Love the results of your wax job and also the location where you made the transformation. Go Barbary.
Thanks Bill, my 2 passions are driving the Bullet, Long distances @ hi speeds, and photography. You'll probably be seeing more photos
Old 12-06-21, 11:30 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Default Covercaft

Lot of Nasty dust and things like hail flying around up here in the mountains and deserts etc...
so I got this for when I'm not home and driving Long distances @ hi speeds. Thought some might want to see all the angles. Its pretty amazing, I doubt they get a lot of SC requests. Like say Mustangs,

if you can see there is a special accommodation for the rear 400 spoiler

As you can see the fit is phenomenal, its not even tied down w its tie-downs. Thats the cover.
It exceeded my expectations and matched my "hope for". Now I just want to see how much wear & tear it can take
The following users liked this post:
KahnBB6 (01-22-22)
Old 12-07-21, 01:46 AM
Bimmerbill
Advanced

Received 327 Likes on 253 Posts

Hey Barbary, congratulations on your new car cover. It appears to be made from Dupont's Tyvek which is a great product and has been around for a number of years. It should be a very effective protection for your paint. Where did you find the best deal on the cover I need to buy one for another car?
Old 12-07-21, 06:17 AM
ninetwo
Pit Crew

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Bimmerbill
Hey Barbary, congratulations on your new car cover. It appears to be made from Dupont's Tyvek which is a great product and has been around for a number of years. It should be a very effective protection for your paint. Where did you find the best deal on the cover I need to buy one for another car?
also interested, following.
Old 12-07-21, 07:40 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Hi Bill, I actually heard about Covercraft 1st in this club. I looked into it and liked it. Ultra soft on the paint and form fitting to ea individual car model. Their SC 300 is different from the 400. The one I chose is the middle option, a little pricey and took a while to get but I'm as happy as can be and worth it. (I Love my car) ha ha.
Got it from Covercraft direct. Don't know if available elsewhere for less. But here is a discount offer they sent me
https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/

Good luck, Joe
Old 12-07-21, 07:55 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Hi Bill, I actually heard about Covercraft 1st in this club. I looked into it and liked it. Ultra soft on the paint and form fitting to ea individual car model. Their SC 300 is different from the 400. The one I chose is the middle option, a little pricey and took a while to get but I'm as happy as can be and worth it. (I Love my car) ha ha.
Got it from Covercraft direct. Don't know if available elsewhere for less. But here is a discount offer they sent me
https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/

Good luck, Joe
Old 12-07-21, 07:57 PM
Barbary
Instructor

🤷‍♂️ I don know
Old 12-07-21, 08:25 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Originally Posted by Barbary
Class thanks,
lot of knowledge. We actually talked about this prior, in what did you do to your SC post, or one of them. About claying my car 5 yrs ago and I did used a hand buffer w Meguiars wax. I chose to hand wax this time. I get close to the car in many ways when my hands and eyes go over every inch it. Like I mentioned I've developed a close almost 20 yr relationship with the Bullet. Things like that keep it close.
I didn't get out all the swirls. To do that I would have to compound the 20 yr old paint job, don't really want to do that. Surprisingly this super hard shell paste wax did remarkably well. There seems to be improvements in the product. I leaned on the car and slipped off. Check out that hood reflection photo just above.

BTW its not an RSP its a customized purple, pls check out my signature below...thank you for your comments and advice
Joe
Keep up the good work on your factory plus car. You started w a winner Hope you get as much out of it as I did on mine
I couldn't wait to dump those stock factory seats (bricks) for the Corbeau's and I got the most light weight I could (manual). I can't remember the last time I had to adjust them. I'm fine w no motors. That and not driving w my spare tire around town made a noticeable difference to me.
Old 12-08-21, 05:44 AM
Bimmerbill
Advanced

Received 327 Likes on 253 Posts

Joe, thank you for the Covercraft info. I like the middle one (in my price range) and with Christmas now that will be my first purchase of the new year.
Thanks again,
Bill
Barbary (12-08-21)
Old 12-08-21, 09:38 AM
CLass of 1
Advanced

Received 295 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Barbary
Keep up the good work on your factory plus car. You started w a winner Hope you get as much out of it as I did on mine
I couldn't wait to dump those stock factory seats (bricks) for the Corbeau's and I got the most light weight I could (manual). I can't remember the last time I had to adjust them. I'm fine w no motors. That and not driving w my spare tire around town made a noticeable difference to me.
Thanks. I’m sadly not going to be able to devote much of a budget to the build for a little while, but it will come together one day.

I am torn with the seats. I feel like the car should have a power seat just cause of what it is, but I agree with you, it’s not “needed”. Perhaps I’ll ultimately go the same route you did and choose lightness and ease of use over the power seats.

Staying tuned for your next adventure…

Nick
Barbary (12-08-21)
Old 12-19-21, 08:13 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Some recent photos of the Bullet and places we've been

in the mountains

in the desert Still really blows me away how the car looks so purple sometimes and so blue other times

in New Mexico, where you can do "long distances at hi speeds" all day long...Yahoo!
The following 2 users liked this post by Barbary:
Bimmerbill (12-20-21), jadu (12-21-21)
Old 12-27-21, 09:00 PM
Barbary
Instructor

My Bullet pics are all over the place so I thought I would aggregate them into one place chronologically
This I believe is the earliest pic I have of the it. Although I don't think I was even calling it the Bullet yet. year 2005

the following are all early 2007 when I still had the stock leather seats

7. the Bullet in B&W

Last edited by Barbary; 01-18-22 at 11:01 PM.
Old 01-18-22, 11:08 PM
Barbary
Instructor

started to aggregate my Bullet pics above
Old 01-19-22, 12:29 AM
ninetwo
Pit Crew

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts
Thumbs up

Did you buy the car painted? Which color originally? Gonna take a guess of Midnight Indigo Pearl. The color looks a lot like Mopar's Plum Crazy in this picture.
Easy to see you take a lot of pride in the Bullet! Looking good man!
Something you may be able to do to really make it pop is buff your lights and clear coat them or some kind of clear film/meguiars headlight spray to keep them from yellowing back up?
maybe find a pair of 95+ high beams (theyre glassed rather than plastic so they shine and dont yellow a bit)
Something about these headlights when theyre clean you can really see the chrome behind the lens, and I think it'd look great with your wheels and door trim

Really excited to get my SC back on the road, I cant wait to do some long distances at high speeds
Bimmerbill (01-19-22)

Quick Reply: Barbary's SC, the Purple Bullet