Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS430 owner vehicles

Slow VIP Budget Build LS430 - SoCal

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-21, 12:06 PM
HILS430
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Slow VIP Budget Build LS430 - SoCal

I figure I get to writing this post as I think we all learn from each other here so I will share my humble build-in-progress.

This is my 2001 LS430, non-UL. I purchased this car in June of 2012 bone stock from the original owner with 63K miles for $7,200. My goal with this was to get into something I could see myself driving in 10 years. I had no intentions on buying a Lexus at all, I purely stumbled upon it and thought it was very luxurious, I had no knowledge of the VIP scene. I come from a background of Hondas and Acuras.

I have driven this car bone stock for almost nine years. It is a daily driver and has the scars to prove it. Nothing major, but needs a good detail! As of May 2021, it currently sits with 151K on the odometer. All maintenance done according to the manual. As the years went by, I became increasingly aware of the VIP scene and that I had a chassis perfectly suited for it. Really, lack of funds led me to sit tight and appreciate my land yacht.

Around December 2020 I started looking into how I'd start this build. I eventually came to this order - suspension, exhaust, wheels. I began what would be probably over 100 hours of research - I learned that there are trends that come and go but there is no one way to build a VIP car.

March 2021 after my own research, some helpful DMs on Instagram and awesome CL members sharing their builds, I pulled the trigger on the suspension - BC Racing BR Extreme Lows, 14K fronts 12K rears. 6 weeks wait time. Air ride was out of budget, and I am intrigued with low static setups.

May 2021 this is how she sits. The coilovers were been installed by Alan of Legion Garage in Costa Mesa, dampening between full hard and middle on both front and rears. There is another solid 1.5-2" left to lower on both front and rears, I'll take the fronts down another hair after I get the exhaust done this weekend (muffler delete to tips)

fronts can go a little lower

Old 05-11-21, 12:15 PM
HILS430
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Exhaust is on quicker than expected. Keyword 'budget' on this build lol, I did the classic muffler delete to tips, resonators still in place. For us 01-03 guys there are not a ton of photos floating around with decent tips and stock bumper with stock cutouts, I've found just a few. I did a muffler delete, stepped the piping up to 2.5" and added the hotboi quad tips. Muffler shop worked with me, and I understood the tips either are going to point up a little, or point down a little, I opted to have them point up just the slightest. I know putting tips on an LS is not everyone's taste however I think it looks and sounds fantastic - a little more aggressive without being obnoxious. Thanks to Collins Muffler and Hitch in Mission Viejo, CA.