Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3IS owner vehicles

3IS 350 F Sport - Mastr Build

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-21, 09:07 PM
Mastr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3IS 350 F Sport - Mastr Build

First car purchase and I went with a 2018 IS350 F Sport. Exact specs I wanted and honestly prefer this generation over the newer. Very new to modding cars so any suggestions?

I dont want to drill into the grill for my front license plate but I also dont like it off to the side. May have to just drill it in.

Cosmetically, looking to wrap the hood, roof, and trunk in a Carbon Fiber Wrap. May stick to just the roof for now. Also looking to add a full body Aero kit but may stick to just a spoiler for now. Also, want to paint the caliper covers red.

Please feel free to comment suggestions and to help me on my journey with my first Lexus!
Old 06-10-21, 05:13 AM
whoismiked
Advanced

Received 286 Likes on 193 Posts

Welcome to forum!

Beautiful car!!!

I also did not want to drill into my bumper for a front plate. Luckily in my area, even though you're supposed to have one, a lot of car around here don't and they don't really mess with people over it, but if the time came where I was forced into putting a front plate on, I'd do it like this:

Old 06-10-21, 10:23 AM
sqlboy2000
Advanced

Received 400 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by whoismiked
Welcome to forum!

Beautiful car!!!

I also did not want to drill into my bumper for a front plate. Luckily in my area, even though you're supposed to have one, a lot of car around here don't and they don't really mess with people over it, but if the time came where I was forced into putting a front plate on, I'd do it like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa-_RjcF-VU
Man keeping that one in mind if I ever move where they require one.
Old 11-24-21, 09:05 AM
Mastr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wrap + Rear Spoiler + Tint

Havent updated in a while but now I have time to. Just installed front lip, rear spats, rear window spoiler, and window visors so more to come. Might do an interior update as well!

Rear Spoiler
Installed a carbon fiber trunk lid spoiler. Not much to write home about, pretty standard spoiler but it think it will be my favorite mod.

Wrap
Had an amazing shop put a carbon fiber gloss wrap on the hood and mirror caps. The base of the mirror caps are gloss black to break up the carbon fiber. All chrome trim is wrapped in gloss black. The antenna is gloss black as it wouldnt line up with the carbon fiber on the hood. All emblems are blacked out. The front dark chrome trim is wrapped in gloss black. And the front emblem is tinted slightly.

Tint
Had a nearby shop tint the windows with 35% 3M ceramic on all but the windshield. The front windshield has 70% (I think, its lighter) 3M Crystalline. Heat resistance is actually insane.