Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2IS owner vehicles

Purchased a 2006 IS350 from Copart. See the progress of the build. (Trust me)

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-21, 11:34 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Received 2,170 Likes on 1,688 Posts

Originally Posted by Akha5802
New shift **** and trunk mat finally came in, here's the results ...

I went ahead and screwed the shift **** all the way in to give it a low profile look, dont like the oem height.

New carpet looks good with the oem first aid kit that i also got with the carpet
I opted for WeatherTec mats, which makes it easier to clean. I just pull them out and wash them down with a hose. Once I had Indian food in the back and the oil leaked out through the plastic bag and the WeatherTec contained the mess. A little dish soap and a hose and the mess was clean!

BTW, everyone have a safe and happy Thanksgiving
Old 12-22-21, 06:22 PM
Akha5802
Pit Crew

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Ultra racing subframe tie installed (EVERYONE NEEDS THIS)

So after I installed the subframe tie, it did a good difference The front hooks so nice around the corners. It feels like driving an M package car. Keep in mind I have full ultra racing braces so I don't know how it would be with just the subframe tie but I'd assume it would be amazing. Also my front rotors were terrible considering I have 232k miles on the clock so I replaced it with oem.

Night of installation

Make sure to put 2 washers on each bolt (4) to get a gap between the subframe tie so it doesn't vibrate on idle because i installed it without the spacers and it was bad.

New rotors look and feel much better. Gonna paint the calipers professionally after i replace the wheels.
Old 12-22-21, 06:29 PM
Akha5802
Pit Crew

Default The time has come...

ISF rear conversion kit has arrived and the front 2021 conversion as well. With it also came my new tailights. Gonna install and paint the car back to OEM Onyx black

The front will be this once its installed. I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS!!!

Sequential so it will match the Vland headlights plus it has a cool animation when turning on the car. I got the smoked version
next year. Both bumpers are polyethylene so it's OEM quality.

Don't have pics of the items because It went straight to storage after it arrived from the port.
Old 12-22-21, 06:32 PM
Akha5802
Pit Crew

Right now I'm waiting for 6 OEM ignition coils to arrive. I got a cylinder 4 misfire code and the car has a lot of miles so figured I replace them. Also ordered the ultra racing front subframe tie. I need to find ISF front seats to start my conversion. I'm already picking up some ISF rear seats. If anyone has them please let me know. Also waiting for my carbon steering wheel to arrive next year. After I paint the car I'm gonna replace the front windshield. I also have new OEM seals as mine like a lot of IS went bad so will replace those with the new windshield along with new clips. Also have a new sunroof seal which will be replaced after the paint.

Last edited by Akha5802; 12-22-21 at 06:44 PM.
Old 01-23-22, 09:18 AM
Akha5802
Pit Crew

Default Found ISF rear seats for new!

Was looking around local and I managed to find new ISF rear seats with suade in the center. Only problem now is where do I get the front seats with this spec. Anyways here it is!

Old 01-23-22, 09:24 AM
Akha5802
Pit Crew

Default Replaced the OEM sport pedals with new ones

My IS came with sport pedals since it has the sports package but the old ones were too scuffed for my taste so I decided to replace them. Sorry for the shoes lol.

Old pedals

To install them its very simple. Brake pedal just hugs the metal, the footrest is held with a clip behind it. For the gas i recommend removing the pedal itself (2 bolts) then use a thin sharp tool to hammer and remove the pin that goes across the sport pedal. Then install the new one by putting it on the pedal then use the same tools to hammer the new pin so it stays.
Old 01-23-22, 09:32 AM
Akha5802
Pit Crew

Default Carbon Fiber steering wheel Finally came!

I decided to keep the bottom not carbon to give it an OEM look. In the future I also wanna replace the paddle shifters with the ISF since its

It matches really well with the F sport carbon fiber shift ****.
metal and just looks nicer overall.
Old 01-23-22, 09:36 AM
Akha5802
Pit Crew

Default New Bumpers Installed

Finally Installed the 2022 IS500 front conversion and ISF rear bumper. Quality is amazing since it's OEM material (polyethylene)

Old 01-23-22, 09:40 AM
Akha5802
Pit Crew

Default Finally getting Pained!

So since you guys saw from the beginning of this thread this car was repainted silver (original was Onyx black) and the trunk, roof, and quarter panel had paint fade, paint cracks everywhere, etc.

Paint will be original Only black this is just a first coat.

Old 01-23-22, 11:10 AM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Looking good! This is probably among the top builds I've seen on this forum. I'm guessing you're in the Pasadena area as I saw your driving near Colorado Blvd. If I do end up keeping my IS I'll probably re-paint it at some point
Old 01-23-22, 01:35 PM
Akha5802
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
Looking good! This is probably among the top builds I've seen on this forum. I'm guessing you're in the Pasadena area as I saw your driving near Colorado Blvd. If I do end up keeping my IS I'll probably re-paint it at some point
Oh I actually live in Glendale. I wish I saw you lol. Well after it's done and it gets some wheels we can maybe do a cruise since your close.
The following users liked this post:
MrHarris (04-29-22)
Old 01-23-22, 01:57 PM
AMIRZA786
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Akha5802
Oh I actually live in Glendale. I wish I saw you lol. Well after it's done and it gets some wheels we can maybe do a cruise since your close.
Actually I've lived in Northern Cal (San Jose) since 2001, but was born and grew up in SoCal. I frequently visit as my family all live out there scattered between the South Bay and Eastvale near Corona. I usually pass through the 210 fwy when going to my brothers house. Maybe one of my trips I'll bring the IS down and we can meet up!
Old 01-24-22, 08:40 AM
corranhorn
8th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is an epic build!! The "build" I am doing, is very minor in comparison.

I do have a question for you, the outer chrome door trim you replaced, anything special in doing that? Mine is cracked and needs to be replaced and wanted to make sure I know what I am doing before I start removing parts.
Old 01-24-22, 03:54 PM
Akha5802
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by AMIRZA786
Actually I've lived in Northern Cal (San Jose) since 2001, but was born and grew up in SoCal. I frequently visit as my family all live out there scattered between the South Bay and Eastvale near Corona. I usually pass through the 210 fwy when going to my brothers house. Maybe one of my trips I'll bring the IS down and we can meet up!
oh forsure! I'd live to do a small local fourms meet up tbh would be fun.
Old 01-24-22, 03:57 PM
Akha5802
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by corranhorn
This is an epic build!! The "build" I am doing, is very minor in comparison.

I do have a question for you, the outer chrome door trim you replaced, anything special in doing that? Mine is cracked and needs to be replaced and wanted to make sure I know what I am doing before I start removing parts.
Are you talking about the chrome trim that goes across between the window and door? That ones well... I believe it has one screw j forgot but it's all just clips, the old one I unclipped and I broke one but didn't matter since I was replacing them. When you put the new one in you have to fist barely put it on and slide it to the end (front door goes towards hood and rear doors towards trunk) then you just snap it in place.

Quick Reply: Purchased a 2006 IS350 from Copart. See the progress of the build. (Trust me)