Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3IS owner vehicles

specONE Build Thread - the IS500 saga

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-22, 09:51 PM
specONE
Racer

Received 500 Likes on 249 Posts

some other supplemental items I picked up for the car.

@350phi 's rear brake caliper adapters.
You can order from his website, Lexus Big Brake Upgrade (350phi.com)

Also picked up this mount for the air vent as a potential solution to mount the air management controller to give me some time to build a custom solution.
The previous mount i had from Kuda on my old car will not work on this one due to the redesign of the center console.

not sure if I will use this yet but good to have and not worrying about ordering later and having to wait for it to arrive.
The following 2 users liked this post by specONE:
KObjective (03-05-22), TxasLexus (04-28-22)
Old 03-05-22, 09:59 PM
specONE
Racer

The GTHaus Musa/Meisterchaft Valved exhaust also arrived this week
You can find more information about it on GTHaus's website, https://gthaus.com/product/lexus-is-...s-500-v8-2021/

Its a pretty nice built quality exhaust

unboxing video here:
The following 7 users liked this post by specONE:
Avening (04-01-22), cuellooo (04-10-22), KObjective (03-05-22), phoenix888 (03-07-22), Sasnuke (03-06-22), TxasLexus (04-28-22), ultraSLO (03-07-22) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-26-22, 07:29 AM
Rudiculous
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 152 Posts

How's the exhaust sound?
Old 05-01-22, 04:58 PM
LexoticJ
Racer

Received 98 Likes on 43 Posts

yes me and phi worked on that when i did the first install... brackets for rear and stainless steel brake lines
Old 05-01-22, 04:58 PM
LexoticJ
Racer

Received 98 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by ultraSLO
I don't want to derail specONE's build thread, but I believe the answer is no, it's not a perfect fit/install because of the rear electronic parking brake.

In speaking with forum member 350phi, the front RCF/GSF calipers will bolt on, but the rear calipers will require new mounting brackets, different rear brake lines, AND they will not work with the electronic parking brake (on 2021+ models). Apparently, you will lose the electronic parking brake functionality and there will be an error message on the dash.

I'm not sure if specONE has found a solution for this or plans to proceed with no parking brake and an error on the dash. I'd love to see someone come up with a solution for a fully functioning big brake option for the rear on 2021+ cars. Maybe we'll have to wait for the future ISF and can use those brakes
yes me and phi worked on that when i did the first install... brackets for rear and stainless steel brake lines
Old 05-17-22, 09:57 PM
specONE
Racer

Its been a while since i've given an update here and I have been busy cranking away with the little time I have after work. I'll try to catch this thread up in chronological order the best I can.
I tend to provide more current updates on my Instagram if you want to follow me there, @typerod

Had to build a new Circuit breaker holder under the hood, the previously one from my last car couldn't swap over, Brackets near the battery in the engine bay changed slightly. Built by hand

The trunk was a mess for a very long time while I dealt with the wiring.

started running some of the airlines from the front to the trunk as well
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw...-no?authuser=0

Adding some fuses and a relay in the trunk with this piece and custom fabricating a bracket to hold it into place and make plug and play connectors for it in case in need to pull it apart to debug any wiring issues. This relay is being triggered by a "Battery saver" wire for the under Dash lights. if the vehicle is OFF, and doors are not open or left open, after 20 minutes of idle, this wire removes 12volts. I decided to use this wire to power my Air management and the Valved Exhaust module solenoid controller. This way none of these items I add to the vehicle will drain my battery. Older Accuair management was notorious for having bad parasitic drain while in "off mode. More details in a video I will post.
[img}[url]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw/AM-JKLUqdgb8PJgw8JUxF3XjUjg8OsIdImClDHi4Ft4fi3cw-kDAOzV3TEjVf0jEfXoTagmFnbDcOaUEEZq86L0LG4J4r1qGwDk9pZnVCWg7SfusIbo3JF3-bOO3ELvuBkNnh7S-DKFsP9b8aFGJsRJw-D1QWg=w1277-h959-no?authuser=0

Final wiring product of the Fuse/Relay holder, Build a sub-harness so it can be removed easily.

https://youtu.be/h4i-S3bgiaE

https://youtu.be/m8-lkfoZHVQ

Last edited by specONE; 01-01-23 at 12:20 PM.
Old 05-17-22, 10:03 PM
specONE
Racer

I might be all over the place right now because when I work on one area of the car, i.e. wiring. I tend to plan ahead for other items that may be related, thus I got a bit side tracked and started to figure out how I was going to tackle the GTHaus Valved Exhaust Module Wiring.

I decided to do things a little different and mount the Module in the trunk and the solenoid will go under the car near the Exhaust. Still will tap vacuum under the hood

Built a bracket to hold the GT Haus Valved Exhaust controller Module out of aluminum.

Wiring of the Module to the solenoid was too short so I had to extend it.

Found an unused threaded hole under the car and able to use a 10mm bolt to bolt it up. Note the wiring and vacuum lines are not finalized in these images

Old 05-17-22, 10:24 PM
specONE
Racer

Finally only the Air Bag installs.

The rear stock vs Airlift vs my old Airrex

The rear install ended up giving me ton of trouble. I installed it "correct" but it just looked wrong. Fought it for a couple of days and decided to install them wrong and then it finally looked correct.
When I mean "Correct", I mean I would install the Top Bracket that is labeled R along with bottom Bracket Labeled R onto the Passenger side and after it is installed, The bag sits too close to the rear arm and bag is all sitting in odd twisted angles and I would slightly have to force the bottom bracket to line up on the control arm before I was able to bolt everything in place.

Here are some images of it mounted with Top Bracket matching Bottom Bracket mounting for reference. This is NOT how I left it:

This is how it is currently installed, Top Bracket matches the side it should be on as noted in the instructions, while the bottom bracket I used the L on the Passenger side and the R on the Driver side. I really think that whatever factory that was building these for Airlift, they stamped them incorrectly causing all the confusion I had and I have read one other comment from someone else mentioning the bag just didnt look right installed.:

Video explanation

The following 3 users liked this post by specONE:
CASeoul (05-20-22), DaOne (06-04-22), GrizzlyMan (07-13-22)
Old 07-11-22, 10:05 PM
specONE
Racer

so working on the height sensors now,
On my previous car, this suspension linkage had a tab on it, but was missing now on the passenger side this time (driver side still present for the factory headlight leveling system)

so i went ahead and ordered one with a tab to swap it.

compared them and the are the same length so we should be good

for the front, I drilled a hole in the aluminum lower control arm and then tapped thread into it

some of the hardware i used to hold the wiring for the height sensors in place, they are magnetic. no need to drill any holes

sealing some of the grommets I had to make a huge hole to pass the height sensor connect through with this

Last edited by specONE; 01-01-23 at 12:02 PM.
Old 07-11-22, 10:21 PM
specONE
Racer

Picked up Figs Engineering Front Lower Arm Rear Mount #2 POLYURETHANE BUSHING 90 Bushing this time around
https://shopfigs.com/v5/L1025?search...N%20BRACKET%09

So another thing I did not like was that Lexus went with lugbolts, so I had to do something about this. After some research, I found Motorsports sells stud conversion kits.
I ended up going with there M14x1.5 to M12x1.5 so that I can utilize the lugnuts I already had laying around. They do also have a M14x1.5 to M14x1.5 studs as well that they recommend for strength but I opted to stick to M12.
https://motorsporthardware.com/produ...14x1-5-12x1-5/

Also needed to work with the stock lungnuts where these, Conical seat to Ball seat Adapter
https://motorsporthardware.com/produ...-seat-adapter/

Picked up thread sealant along with it,

Here is why you would want lugnut seats , this is a stock lugbolt with acorn shape next to a typical aftermarket tapered lugnut

Here's how it all looks on the stock wheels and brakes up front

Last edited by specONE; 01-01-23 at 10:53 AM.
Old 07-11-22, 10:26 PM
specONE
Racer

Mounted the GThaust onto the car as well!

Here are some shots of some of the routing of the Vacuum line for the valves on the exhaust. I took my time routing it and changing the color of the lines to black instead of the supplied blue,
Some blue lines remained hidden away under the car.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw..._lPbU8TZbu4Xl-
YOTyZAsUSYeNeKXqdt2aRuLW5e80ZIdvAfmNCNWcD2BubI440OStqoiyivfEMNkKuMxwwD6m4R8A=w1258-h943-no?authuser=0

Last edited by specONE; 01-01-23 at 12:22 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Racer00J (01-07-23)
Old 07-11-22, 10:30 PM
specONE
Racer

Went with TOMs Racing front strut bar to get rid of any Blue accent under the hood.
Order this via Apex-i USA, which is a authorized reseller of TOMs Racing https://www.apexi-usa.com/products/t...42193333321949
TMS-53680-TAE31

Last edited by specONE; 01-01-23 at 10:54 AM.
The following users liked this post:
phoenix888 (08-26-22)
Old 11-23-22, 04:40 PM
specONE
Racer

Sold the Airlift Air struts due to not liking how the rear bag installation design. I feel like its way over engineered and make things complicated.
I went with OdinSUS air struts by Airrex. These struts are newly released and supposedly their budget brand. They don't seem very budget quality to me. Same great quality like my last set of Airrex Struts.

Last edited by specONE; 01-01-23 at 12:11 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by specONE:
08sgmis350 (12-07-22), cuellooo (03-09-24), KObjective (11-26-22), LA20671 (11-25-22)
Old 11-23-22, 04:46 PM
specONE
Racer

Replaced the shift **** to the GS350 Fsport like my previous build

Last edited by specONE; 01-01-23 at 12:15 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by specONE:
KObjective (11-26-22), LA20671 (11-25-22)
Old 11-26-22, 03:53 PM
Pittsy
Racer

Received 811 Likes on 410 Posts

Man. I have a set of valvetronic mufflers that open with vacuum source, usually by their module. My car is supercharged, but would the gthaus module allow me to have the car close at vacuum and open under boost? or open or close with rpm? Seems I've found an interesting situation with my exhaust.

Quick Reply: specONE Build Thread - the IS500 saga