Old 12-05-22, 07:33 PM
cuellooo
Driver

Received 91 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by BobbyCWho
Can you provide the seller's info or link
Here is the seller's link:
https://www.ebay.ca/str/gaugetuner?m...mis&media=COPY
Quality is really good, just make sure you have everything lined up properly before installing

Old 04-11-23, 11:55 AM
cuellooo
Driver

Been ordering parts over this past winter since I stored the car, Tom's strut bar came in (part # 53680-TAE30). Did a test fit and looks like it should bolt on, will install it when the other parts come in. Also picked up the newer push start button (part # 89611-11010). Simple install that makes a good difference, would recommend if you can find a deal on ebay (other people on IG are charging way too much). Definitely gives the interior a nicer look, the aluminum matches the clock and pushing it gives nice feedback compared to the original.

The following 2 users liked this post by cuellooo:
KObjective (04-15-23), Oneops (06-07-24)
Old 04-11-23, 06:39 PM
cuellooo
Driver

Swapped in 4IS conversion taillights in clear. Wasn't sure how they would turn out but I think they look good on NGP, matches well with the colour scheme. The sequential signals and start up animation are a nice touch. Threw on the newer hd projectors, these ones are much clearer.

Last edited by cuellooo; 04-11-23 at 06:43 PM.
The following users liked this post:
KObjective (04-15-23)
Old 04-12-23, 04:43 PM
cuellooo
Driver

Gave her a clean wash...these tailights are growing on me.

Last edited by cuellooo; 04-12-23 at 05:34 PM.
KObjective (04-15-23)
Old 04-15-23, 07:49 AM
cuellooo
Driver

Apexi N1-X midpipe finally came in, will be pairing it with the Borla S-Type axle back exhaust. Can't wait to hear how it sounds 🤔

KObjective (04-15-23)
Old 04-25-23, 01:05 PM
cuellooo
Driver

Installed the Apexi midpipe today...paired with the Borla axle-back it is much louder and throttle response is much better. Gotta break it in but so far I'm happy with the results.

KObjective (04-27-23)
Old 04-27-23, 01:14 PM
cuellooo
Driver

Freshly installed Seibon TV style vented carbon fiber hood. Compliments the NGP paint very well! Getting it buffed, PPF and ceramic coated today to protect it and bring out it's best shine. Will post more pics when it's done and after a nice wash.

The following 2 users liked this post by cuellooo:
KD7115 (06-03-23), KObjective (04-27-23)
Old 05-08-23, 08:59 AM
cuellooo
Driver

The Apexi midpipe and Borla setup was too loud and raspy for my liking. Throw on some Vibrant Ultra Quiet Reonators in front of the Borla mufflers and what a difference, sounds perfect to me. Zero drone in the cabin, no rasp, no vibrating, and sounds loud, deep and mean on the outside. Highly recommend the Vibrant's if your setup is too loud and raspy. If you are in the Toronto area check out Hot Rod Scotts, absolutely the best exhaust shop in town.

Last edited by cuellooo; 05-08-23 at 02:11 PM.
jamesss711 (05-11-23)
Old 05-08-23, 10:04 AM
TJ7490
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by cuellooo
The Apexi midpipe and Borla setup was too loud and raspy for my liking. Throw on some Vibrant Ultra Quiet Reonators in front of the Borla mufflers and what a difference, sounds perfect to me. Zero drone in the cabin, no rasp, no vibrating, and sounds loud, deep and mean on the outside. Highly recommend the Vibrant's if you're setup is too loud and raspy. If you are in the Toronto area check out Hot Rod Scotts, absolutely the best exhaust shop in town.

Can we get some sound clip videos posted somewhere like on YouTube? I can't say I've ever heard this setup and am interested to hear how it sounds from different perspectives.
Old 05-08-23, 10:45 AM
cuellooo
Driver

Originally Posted by TJ7490
Can we get some sound clip videos posted somewhere like on YouTube? I can't say I've ever heard this setup and am interested to hear how it sounds from different perspectives.
@TJ7490 I referenced this video,
It's a 350 but sounds very similar when in neutral. The problem was during hard acceleration it was very raspy and too loud, didn't sound clean and there was a lot of vibrating sounds which didn't sound good to me. The Vibrant resonators made all the difference and I had the shop do small fabrications including making sure there was enough clearance between the midpipe and metal bracing underneath which we believe was also contributing to the vibrating sounds. I'll try to get some YT clips of my setup soon from different perspectives. Here is the link to the resonators https://vibrantperformance.com/ultra...onators-v1249/

Last edited by cuellooo; 05-08-23 at 10:52 AM.
Old 05-08-23, 02:48 PM
TJ7490
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by cuellooo
@TJ7490 I referenced this video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nW1rdgKDk4 It's a 350 but sounds very similar when in neutral. The problem was during hard acceleration it was very raspy and too loud, didn't sound clean and there was a lot of vibrating sounds which didn't sound good to me. The Vibrant resonators made all the difference and I had the shop do small fabrications including making sure there was enough clearance between the midpipe and metal bracing underneath which we believe was also contributing to the vibrating sounds. I'll try to get some YT clips of my setup soon from different perspectives. Here is the link to the resonators https://vibrantperformance.com/ultra...onators-v1249/
Yeah I've seen that video before. The problem is he doesn't have the resonators installed for comparison. I'm actually running the Magnaflow exhaust and love the deep "rumble" sound it generates. I've considered adding the Apexi midpipe just to make it a bit louder but believe it will add rasp to the sound and make it sound too much like all the other exhausts out there. I don't want this and would need to add resonators to compensate but you never know how much they will affect the sound.
Old 05-08-23, 03:31 PM
cuellooo
Driver

Originally Posted by TJ7490
Yeah I've seen that video before. The problem is he doesn't have the resonators installed for comparison. I'm actually running the Magnaflow exhaust and love the deep "rumble" sound it generates. I've considered adding the Apexi midpipe just to make it a bit louder but believe it will add rasp to the sound and make it sound too much like all the other exhausts out there. I don't want this and would need to add resonators to compensate but you never know how much they will affect the sound.
I see what you are saying. I had the same thought process, the Borla axleback sounded nice and deep with the stock midpipe but I wanted it louder. The Apexi midpipe made it louder but brought along way too much rasp, the resonators got rid of it, toned the loudness down a bit and made the cabin noise much more tolerable. I can send you a quick vid I did after the install if you want, DM me your IG or whatsapp and I can send it to you.
jamesss711 (05-11-23)
Old 06-03-23, 08:00 AM
cuellooo
Driver

Got the Tom's strutbar powder coated matte black and installed today. It clears the engine cover (but does slightly rub the driver's side) and hood closes with no obstruction. Also previously installed a DIY heat shield for the carbon fiber hood. Apparently you void your Seibon warranty if you don't use one.

Old 06-03-23, 09:21 AM
Nexus713
Pit Crew

Received 86 Likes on 61 Posts

Great build!

Question - would this F Sport intake system work for 22 IS350 FSport? I read that 2018+ has the same engine so technically it should right?

Do you have a link for the FSport intake by any chance?
cuellooo (06-03-23)
Old 06-03-23, 09:54 AM
cuellooo
Driver

Originally Posted by Nexus713
Great build!

Question - would this F Sport intake system work for 22 IS350 FSport? I read that 2018+ has the same engine so technically it should right?

Do you have a link for the FSport intake by any chance?
@Nexus713 thank you, I am digging your 350 as well, love the gray. I believe it will fit your IS, the intake components should be the same. I would recommend verifying with the seller first as they are a Lexus dealership. Here is the link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/25492228418...mis&media=COPY

I did some shopping around when I made the purchase and they were the lowest cost, definitely a lot cheaper than my local dealerships.

Cheers,
Nexus713 (06-03-23)

Quick Reply: cuellooo's 2018 IS300 F-Sport AWD (Nebula Grey Pearl) build thread