Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3IS owner vehicles

cuellooo's 2018 IS300 F-Sport AWD (Nebula Grey Pearl) build thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-23, 06:35 PM
Nexus713
Pit Crew

Received 84 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by cuellooo
@Nexus713 thank you, I am digging your 350 as well, love the gray. I believe it will fit your IS, the intake components should be the same. I would recommend verifying with the seller first as they are a Lexus dealership. Here is the link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/25492228418...mis&media=COPY

I did some shopping around when I made the purchase and they were the lowest cost, definitely a lot cheaper than my local dealerships.

Cheers,

Thanks for kind words and the link!
I actually found it even cheaper in my local dealership (it’s known from having the cheapest OEM parts in the area) - https://parts.prestigelexus.com/p/69...TR0353141.html

So might pull the trigger soon and test it out 😎
The following users liked this post:
cuellooo (06-03-23)
Old 09-06-23, 12:04 PM
cuellooo
Driver

Received 91 Likes on 48 Posts

Sprint Booster V3 installed, gets rid of the throttle lag in all drive modes. It has 2 modes, sport (green) and race (red), each mode has 9 settings (1-9). Sport mode is enough to feel a very noticeable difference, and red being instant throttle response. The driving experience is much better now with the car feeling much quicker when accelerating and shifts feeling better. Did some research between this, Pedal Commander and Apexi. The other options require calibration and the units are bigger compared to SB. Also there are a lot of complaints of vehicles going in to limp mode with them installed. Highly recommend this to get rid of throttle lag, especially if you have a '17 and up IS since there doesn't seem to be a tune available. Also picked up some Gtechniq C5 wheel armour because the new wheels should be coming in soon.

KObjective (09-11-23)
Old 09-11-23, 12:18 PM
cuellooo
Driver

New wheels arrived, Vossen HF-5 in anthracite. Used their Custom Tailored Program and got them spec'd for my ride. No spacers, hub rings or other parts needed, just bolted them on with flush fitment. Wrapped them in Michelin Pilot Sport 4S rubbers.

19x8.5 +30
19x9.5 +38
235/35R19
265/30R19

Last edited by cuellooo; 09-11-23 at 12:30 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by cuellooo:
arentz07 (09-11-23), JCMikulak (06-05-24), KObjective (09-11-23), llO0DQLE (10-04-23)
Old 09-13-23, 03:34 PM
cuellooo
Driver

Modular Billet Caps came in, went with gloss black and red to match my calipers and F-Sport badges. I don't want to risk scratching the Vossens so going to take off the OEM caps properly. Also need to adjust the rear camber, the rear passenger side sometimes rub a bit on dips and bumps so I'll get both done at the same time.

Old 10-24-23, 12:50 PM
cultivatedrice
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What torque spec did you tighten the spc arms to?
Old 10-24-23, 02:12 PM
cuellooo
Driver

Originally Posted by cultivatedrice
What torque spec did you tighten the spc arms to?
found the specs on this forum, here's the link https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...amber-arm.html
go to a good alignment shop and they should be able to install them properly and get your alignment on point.

Old 10-25-23, 12:18 AM
hoooooooey
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Swapped in 4IS conversion taillights in clear. Wasn't sure how they would turn out but I think they look good on NGP, matches well with the colour scheme. The sequential signals and start up animation are a nice touch. Threw on the newer hd projectors, these ones are much clearer.
Great looking build! I was wondering where you ordered these door projector lights from, they look super crisp
cuellooo (10-25-23)
Old 10-25-23, 08:04 AM
cuellooo
Driver

Originally Posted by hoooooooey
Great looking build! I was wondering where you ordered these door projector lights from, they look super crisp
Thank you sir, I originally saw them here https://lexusacc.com/product/new-lex...ojector-lamps/ however did some searching and found them way cheaper here
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mO8fAm4
The listing is for the updated F Sport logo, but I messaged the seller and showed them the Lexus logo pic from the first link and they had them. Let me know if you have any questions, cheers
Old 01-15-24, 10:38 AM
XelaFyre
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Picked up some carbon fiber parts after work today. Went with replacement mirror covers instead of mirror caps along with a bolt on rear diffuser and trunk spoiler. Having them ceramic coated before installation. Hoping the fitment is on point 🤞🏻

Where did you get the diffuser and spoiler at, could you please link it? Cant seem to find that style anywhere. Thanks! The car looks amazing =]
cuellooo (01-15-24)
Old 01-15-24, 05:58 PM
cuellooo
Driver

Originally Posted by XelaFyre
Where did you get the diffuser and spoiler at, could you please link it? Cant seem to find that style anywhere. Thanks! The car looks amazing =]
Thank you! I got them from a local parts shop, I was able to check the quality in person first and test fit the products on the IS. Had them on for almost 2 years and they look as good as new (mind you I park in a garage and store it in the winter, they are also ceramic coated). I would recommend them, fitment is spot on and the cf weave looks top notch. I also got my front lip, side skirts and rear spats from them. Here are the links for the spoiler and diffuser:
https://racingbees.com/collections/2...r-carbon-fiber

Old 01-15-24, 09:25 PM
XelaFyre
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Thank you! I got them from a local parts shop, I was able to check the quality in person first and test fit the products on the IS. Had them on for almost 2 years and they look as good as new (mind you I park in a garage and store it in the winter, they are also ceramic coated). I would recommend them, fitment is spot on and the cf weave looks top notch. I also got my front lip, side skirts and rear spats from them. Here are the links for the spoiler and diffuser:
Thanks for the reply! Going to look at these and decide when to purchase them =]
cuellooo (01-16-24)
Old 04-23-24, 04:52 PM
cuellooo
Driver

With the weather getting better it's finally time to take her out of storage, been gathering parts over the winter. Not sure where to start but I'll eventually get everything installed.

The following 2 users liked this post by cuellooo:
Lex_Giorgio (04-23-24), Nexus713 (04-24-24)
Old 04-23-24, 04:58 PM
cuellooo
Driver

First change off the list...swapping out the 3.5" carbon tips (which I don't recommend because they yellowed out after less than a year) and throwing on 4" gloss black tips. What a difference, the bigger tips look more aggressive, fill out the oem diffuser and the gloss black just completes the rear end for me. Also got them custom fitted to sit flush and not stick out like they were previously.

Last edited by cuellooo; 04-23-24 at 05:14 PM.
Lex_Giorgio (04-24-24), Nexus713 (04-24-24)
Old 04-24-24, 03:24 PM
Nexus713
Pit Crew

Received 84 Likes on 59 Posts

First change off the list...swapping out the 3.5" carbon tips (which I don't recommend because they yellowed out after less than a year) and throwing on 4" gloss black tips. What a difference, the bigger tips look more aggressive, fill out the oem diffuser and the gloss black just completes the rear end for me. Also got them custom fitted to sit flush and not stick out like they were previously.

damn it looks amazing!

would you have link for the tips? I’m planning to get Borla Axle Back for my 22 IS350 but I don’t like the tips, so i’m planning to change them (well shop will have to do it for me since it requires welding) and was looking for good quality black tips!
cuellooo (04-24-24)
Old 04-24-24, 03:37 PM
cuellooo
Driver

Originally Posted by Nexus713
damn it looks amazing!

would you have link for the tips? I’m planning to get Borla Axle Back for my 22 IS350 but I don’t like the tips, so i’m planning to change them (well shop will have to do it for me since it requires welding) and was looking for good quality black tips!
@Nexus713 Thank you, I'm really happy with how they came out. Of course, here is the link https://hotrodscottsonline.ca/products/26 this is a very reputable exhaust shop in Toronto, these tips are powder coated and appear to be a high quality product. I also have the Borla S Type paired with an Apexi midpipe and it sounds beautiful (I added Vibrant bottle style resonators to get rid of the rasp and drone). Just washed her, here is another angle of the tips. Ceramic coat them before you install them and they'll pop even more.

Last edited by cuellooo; 04-24-24 at 03:50 PM.
Lex_Giorgio (04-24-24), Nexus713 (04-24-24)

Quick Reply: cuellooo's 2018 IS300 F-Sport AWD (Nebula Grey Pearl) build thread