Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3GS owner vehicles

supercharged 06 gs430

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-22, 08:53 AM
lextech89
Driver School Candidate

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts
Default supercharged 06 gs430

I had posted some about my supercharger install on other forums and was requested to make a build thread here.

as some background I had a 02 gs430 before this that I had planned to supercharge but never got around to it because some asshat hit and ran into it in a parking lot and totaled it out. shortly thereafter I purchased my current car an 06 gs430 in glacier frost mica. as much as I loved my old gs this was the exact car I used to lust after when I used to work for lexus, I loved the 3uz's I loved the pre face lift 3rd gen gs, and I really loved this paint color. so I completely lucked out that I was able to pick this thing up for around 6500 a few years ago at 180,000 miles with full maintenance records from lexus going back to the time it was new. but it did need a timing belt, water pump etc. so i did all the small maintenance items when I got it

now on to the fun stuff.

4th gen gs f sport staggered 19 inch wheels
all chrome on car deleted with smoked vinyl wrap
replaced headlights with black housings (don't remember brand).
led fog lights and high beams and 5500k hids to match
replaced center stack with tesla style screen (was able to get torque app working for data logging purposes, important later)
upgraded stoptech pads and rotors
rr racing lca bushings
and most importantly added m112 supercharger (currently in progress) with elate manufacturing's manifold and elbow, going to start out running around 6psi

still to do:
i am still wrapping up the install on the supercharger as well as wiring in intake air temperature sensors, wide band, and a mapecu3 for fuel control.
plan on doing muffler and secondary cat delete. I may play with the exhaust arrangement, I dont want anything too loud but a little more sound would be nice.
sourcing a methanol injection setup is also probably in the near future

down the line:
if everything works out like I planned I would like to run it at around 8 psi if all the data looks good.
ppe headers, not sure if these will fit on an 06 or not but at some point when I have more time to fool with it i may try to install a set
would like to upgrade the sound system at some point, it still sounds ok no speakers blown out but there's definite room for improvement
eventually I would like to source some 08 isf bbs wheels if I can find them for a reasonable price. I really like how the car rides on stock suspension (I know blasphmey) and 19's so if I can find something I like in that size i may switch the f sport wheels out.

day I picked it up

timing belt water pump fluids changed other misc maintance

installed black housing headlights

smoked out all the chrome on the car

installed tesla style screen, fitment isnt amazing but works generally pretty well for what I wanted

installed 4th gen f sport wheels

supercharger installation

Last edited by lextech89; 05-25-22 at 09:06 AM.
The following 7 users liked this post by lextech89:
Boomin (05-25-22), doitup (05-26-22), hanifh (09-06-22), Oceans13 (01-16-23), petershen (09-02-22), stuartkiwi (06-11-22), TreysGS460 (05-25-22) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-26-22, 09:49 AM
doitup
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome and excited for your build.

I know a lot of users here have been longing for more performance upgrades(myself included) aside from usual bolt-ons.

​​Looking forward to hearing from you soon. 👍
Old 06-12-22, 11:35 AM
Oceans13
Advanced

Received 214 Likes on 131 Posts

Awesome build. These guys did it to the LS430, but its the same 3UZ
Old 01-15-23, 10:53 PM
AshyBone
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd be really interested getting more information on how you swapped out screen and got everything working. Do you have a writeup on the tesla screen swap?
Old 01-19-23, 01:58 PM
IBJZ
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lextech89
I had posted some about my supercharger install on other forums and was requested to make a build thread here.

as some background I had a 02 gs430 before this that I had planned to supercharge but never got around to it because some asshat hit and ran into it in a parking lot and totaled it out. shortly thereafter I purchased my current car an 06 gs430 in glacier frost mica. as much as I loved my old gs this was the exact car I used to lust after when I used to work for lexus, I loved the 3uz's I loved the pre face lift 3rd gen gs, and I really loved this paint color. so I completely lucked out that I was able to pick this thing up for around 6500 a few years ago at 180,000 miles with full maintenance records from lexus going back to the time it was new. but it did need a timing belt, water pump etc. so i did all the small maintenance items when I got it

now on to the fun stuff.

4th gen gs f sport staggered 19 inch wheels
all chrome on car deleted with smoked vinyl wrap
replaced headlights with black housings (don't remember brand).
led fog lights and high beams and 5500k hids to match
replaced center stack with tesla style screen (was able to get torque app working for data logging purposes, important later)
upgraded stoptech pads and rotors
rr racing lca bushings
and most importantly added m112 supercharger (currently in progress) with elate manufacturing's manifold and elbow, going to start out running around 6psi

still to do:
i am still wrapping up the install on the supercharger as well as wiring in intake air temperature sensors, wide band, and a mapecu3 for fuel control.
plan on doing muffler and secondary cat delete. I may play with the exhaust arrangement, I dont want anything too loud but a little more sound would be nice.
sourcing a methanol injection setup is also probably in the near future

down the line:
if everything works out like I planned I would like to run it at around 8 psi if all the data looks good.
ppe headers, not sure if these will fit on an 06 or not but at some point when I have more time to fool with it i may try to install a set
would like to upgrade the sound system at some point, it still sounds ok no speakers blown out but there's definite room for improvement
eventually I would like to source some 08 isf bbs wheels if I can find them for a reasonable price. I really like how the car rides on stock suspension (I know blasphmey) and 19's so if I can find something I like in that size i may switch the f sport wheels out.

day I picked it up

timing belt water pump fluids changed other misc maintance

installed black housing headlights

smoked out all the chrome on the car

installed tesla style screen, fitment isnt amazing but works generally pretty well for what I wanted

installed 4th gen f sport wheels

supercharger installation

I'm new here but this is an awesome build! I'm really interested on how much power you're putting down or expecting to put down with this! The 430 is already a beast and all it needs is forced induction.
Old 01-19-23, 02:04 PM
lextech89
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AshyBone
I'd be really interested getting more information on how you swapped out screen and got everything working. Do you have a writeup on the tesla screen swap?
i am really bad about documenting that type of stuff but its not really much different than removing/installing the stock center stack. I was surprised that it was fairly straightforward. there is a guy on youtube who has a video about it on a gs350 i think but i cant remember off hand. either way its not a hard install, although I have heard mixed results with build quality, overall I was generally happy with the performance but it was a bit buggy form time to time requiring a hard reset but over all I like it.
Old 01-19-23, 02:09 PM
lextech89
Driver School Candidate

so as an update I got rear ended like 4 days after I got everything installed and running and the car was totaled out, I had not got the tune completly dialed in yet but it ran really well rough math and other similar builds indicate this would have yielded around 340-350whp once the tune was sorted. I currently have the complete kit for sale since I dont have a uz powered car to put it on at present, I am debating on getting another one to reinstall this kit or stepping up to a 2ur powered car.
Old 01-20-23, 06:42 PM
Oceans13
Advanced

Received 214 Likes on 131 Posts

Damn that really sucks. Glad you okay though. Hope insurance pays out and we get an update in the future.
Old 01-21-23, 09:37 AM
lextech89
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Oceans13
Damn that really sucks. Glad you okay though. Hope insurance pays out and we get an update in the future.
as you would probably expect no where near replacement value given the current market. I am still looking for another gs430 but there just getting hard to find in any kind of decent condition.
Old 01-21-23, 01:31 PM
UnderatedG
3rd Gear

so as an update I got rear ended like 4 days after I got everything installed and running and the car was totaled out, I had not got the tune completly dialed in yet but it ran really well rough math and other similar builds indicate this would have yielded around 340-350whp once the tune was sorted. I currently have the complete kit for sale since I dont have a uz powered car to put it on at present, I am debating on getting another one to reinstall this kit or stepping up to a 2ur powered car.
how much for the kit?
Old 01-21-23, 01:50 PM
lextech89
Driver School Candidate

looking for 3500 obo
Old 03-02-23, 03:29 AM
AshyBone
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i am really bad about documenting that type of stuff but its not really much different than removing/installing the stock center stack. I was surprised that it was fairly straightforward. there is a guy on youtube who has a video about it on a gs350 i think but i cant remember off hand. either way its not a hard install, although I have heard mixed results with build quality, overall I was generally happy with the performance but it was a bit buggy form time to time requiring a hard reset but over all I like it.
Thanks for letting me know the swap details are up on youtube. I'll look into it.
But maaaaaaaaaan, I'm so ****in sorry to hear your car got rear ended. That's horrible. I hope it doesn't discourage you. Whether you go with another 3UZ build, or a UR car I'm sure you'll be able to make something of it. I'm in the middle of trying to decide if I wanna drop my 3UZ that I originally had planned for my 1st Gen GS, into my 3rd Gen AWD 06 GS300. Physically I'm pretty sure it'll be less work, and i have a 2JZGE that can go into the first gen anyway. Otherwise I'd jump on that supercharger kit you have.
Old 12-30-23, 01:41 PM
GaGS430
1st Gear

looking for 3500 obo
did you get a replacement? I’ve got a 2006 GS430 with only 103k miles that’s had some custom
body and interior work. Needs some TLC. Looking to either sell or add 50-100hp and fix up some.
Old 01-05-24, 07:35 PM
06GS430LRD
1st Gear

looking for 3500 obo
Is it still available?
Old 01-07-24, 04:13 PM
02msmg3
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

What are the details on your 430? Tried to pm you but you can’t recieve pms