Build Threads Details on Club Lexus IS-F owner vehicles

Resurrection or (poor man’s is-f)

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-23, 02:12 PM
AvgCtznJay
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I hope I am not being intrusive but do you mind sharing how much you paid for the vehicle. I am researching the route of purchasing via CoPart and I am trying to get an idea. Im sure it varies depending on the damage but the condition of your base purchase is what I am looking for. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-14-23, 06:54 PM
nepereziva
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry haven’t bin here in a while.
sent u PM
Old 10-24-23, 07:53 AM
nepereziva
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default More updates. More fun stuff coming.

So it’s bin almost a year since I purchased this fun toy.
I've put some mileage on it (a bit more then 10k or so)
ne updates over past year.

Kein engine mounts swapped to new OEM Lexus mounts. (A bit much vibrations at 500rpm’s in summer with AC ON for my taste.)
Kein trans mount stays (trans whine don't bother me, I usually have music ON)

new Polly bushing for rear diff. All 4. (Installing the side ones is a pita)

new stabilizer bar links (no reason, preventative, to tighten things up)
new front upper control arms (pass side ball joint had slight play in it, figured it’s time after 15 years)
new Polly stabilizer bushings all around.
new Polly bushings for steering rack.
new ball joints (front, both sides, the small bracket with 2 ball joints for under wheel bearing asy, and steering arm)
New driveshaft guibo (rubber dampened) 1 hr job on Jack stands in the driveway lol my neighbors thought I was crazy when I took whole driveshaft off, my rear one was way softer then new ones, and had cracks in it. Plus I took it out to check driveshaft bearing. That thing is solid.
all above Polly stuff is mostly preventative, and just to tighten things up.

RR racing 2 piece front rotors (a nice addition to the family, and for a piece of mind slowing down from 160+ mph)

bilstein shocks with swift springs up front. (Absorbs tiny bumps better then stock old KYB’s and dosnt bottom out as much as old KYB’s did

THINGS ON ORDER:

Got to hang out at RR Racing shop last weekend with Rafi and couple other guys from Ohio.
cool people.
Rafi is an amazing down to earth person who will answer all your questions regarding our F’s and even when you ask something stupid he will advise to do or not to do. And one of my favorite qualities about the guy, is that he doesn't try to sell you on EVERYTHING, but rather advise on things that are needed, and will make a difference.
Rafi will work with you on price as well, but I’m not going to disclose numbers.

needless to say, more things are coming for the ISF. Very excited, it’s a waiting game for now. I’ll b installing it myself with my buddy at his shop, but Rafi will be tuning it.

RR racing 780 supercharger kit.
w/ wide band 02, and couple other supporting mods.
Cusco LSD with 80% lock for street/track use (Rafis recommendation, I don’t mind occasional parking lot squeal.)
PPE catted headers (I hate the stink, had too many Hondas and a subue with straight pipes, and even a catless Mercedes diesel lol that one was hilarious on the street)
strut tower brace. (To tighten things up)
a bunch of oils for diff, and trans. And bearing/seal kit for diff.
already have trans oil cooler on (that took aditional almost 1.5 quarts) and an oil catch can.

so basically this is a waiting game for now.
hopefully within next 2 months will b installing all this.

currently this F is only sitting on Rafi’s OTS stage 1 tune. (Stock headers, no other performance mods)
and at now 120+k miles best I’ve got with draggy
4.26 sec 0-60mph w/1foot roll out (that’s what magazines and manufacturers show)
and so far best 1/4 times are 12.54@114.75mph

I think those are fair numbers for again otherwise a stock 15yr old F with over 120k miles.
motor seems to run good and healthy. (I don’t baby it either on the street)

lobuxracer thanks for recommending bioSynXtra oil. So far after 3 oil changes with it, motor doesn't take any. So no need to add in between.

Last edited by nepereziva; 10-24-23 at 08:43 AM.
The following users liked this post:
inovashn (10-27-23)
Old 10-26-23, 08:37 PM
JDMV8
Instructor

Received 190 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by nepereziva
So it’s bin almost a year since I purchased this fun toy.
I've put some mileage on it (a bit more then 10k or so)
ne updates over past year.

Kein engine mounts swapped to new OEM Lexus mounts. (A bit much vibrations at 500rpm’s in summer with AC ON for my taste.)
Kein trans mount stays (trans whine don't bother me, I usually have music ON)

new Polly bushing for rear diff. All 4. (Installing the side ones is a pita)

new stabilizer bar links (no reason, preventative, to tighten things up)
new front upper control arms (pass side ball joint had slight play in it, figured it’s time after 15 years)
new Polly stabilizer bushings all around.
new Polly bushings for steering rack.
new ball joints (front, both sides, the small bracket with 2 ball joints for under wheel bearing asy, and steering arm)
New driveshaft guibo (rubber dampened) 1 hr job on Jack stands in the driveway lol my neighbors thought I was crazy when I took whole driveshaft off, my rear one was way softer then new ones, and had cracks in it. Plus I took it out to check driveshaft bearing. That thing is solid.
all above Polly stuff is mostly preventative, and just to tighten things up.

RR racing 2 piece front rotors (a nice addition to the family, and for a piece of mind slowing down from 160+ mph)

bilstein shocks with swift springs up front. (Absorbs tiny bumps better then stock old KYB’s and dosnt bottom out as much as old KYB’s did

THINGS ON ORDER:

Got to hang out at RR Racing shop last weekend with Rafi and couple other guys from Ohio.
cool people.
Rafi is an amazing down to earth person who will answer all your questions regarding our F’s and even when you ask something stupid he will advise to do or not to do. And one of my favorite qualities about the guy, is that he doesn't try to sell you on EVERYTHING, but rather advise on things that are needed, and will make a difference.
Rafi will work with you on price as well, but I’m not going to disclose numbers.

needless to say, more things are coming for the ISF. Very excited, it’s a waiting game for now. I’ll b installing it myself with my buddy at his shop, but Rafi will be tuning it.

RR racing 780 supercharger kit.
w/ wide band 02, and couple other supporting mods.
Cusco LSD with 80% lock for street/track use (Rafis recommendation, I don’t mind occasional parking lot squeal.)
PPE catted headers (I hate the stink, had too many Hondas and a subue with straight pipes, and even a catless Mercedes diesel lol that one was hilarious on the street)
strut tower brace. (To tighten things up)
a bunch of oils for diff, and trans. And bearing/seal kit for diff.
already have trans oil cooler on (that took aditional almost 1.5 quarts) and an oil catch can.

so basically this is a waiting game for now.
hopefully within next 2 months will b installing all this.

currently this F is only sitting on Rafi’s OTS stage 1 tune. (Stock headers, no other performance mods)
and at now 120+k miles best I’ve got with draggy
4.26 sec 0-60mph w/1foot roll out (that’s what magazines and manufacturers show)
and so far best 1/4 times are 12.54@114.75mph

I think those are fair numbers for again otherwise a stock 15yr old F with over 120k miles.
motor seems to run good and healthy. (I don’t baby it either on the street)

lobuxracer thanks for recommending bioSynXtra oil. So far after 3 oil changes with it, motor doesn't take any. So no need to add in between.
Nice, looking forward to your progress!