Buyer / Seller Feedback Forum The feedback forum is where you can post both good and bad experiences with members whom you've dealt with in our ClubLexus Marketplace classifieds forum. Please read rules before posting here!

DaizenLex - NEGATIVE FEEDBACK!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-04, 09:24 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Thumbs down DaizenLex - NEGATIVE FEEDBACK!

This post is to make light of a transaction I had with the member Daizenlex. I am leaving him NEGATIVE feedback for the following reasons.

Firstly however, I would like to point out the fact that I am completely at fault for following through with this transaction. I could have walked away anytime from this, but I chose not to. I am not expecting anything in return – I just want to post my experiences so other people will take more caution in making long-distance purchases than I did.

I am sure Daizenlex will have a completely different story than what I am telling. I am not asking for anyone to take my side. I am not trying to give Daizenlex a bad name, everything I have written is 100% true to the best of my knowledge.

After seeing DaizenLex advertise to sell his car on Clublexus I contacted him telling him that I was interested in his car.. I believe we first started talking late March about trading our cars – his 93 SC400 with 160k for my 92 SC400 with 125k.

Daizenlex told me repeatedly that he was a perfectionist and that the car was perfect. He said if there was the slightest problem with the car he had it fixed. We had come to the understanding that I would install a VIS body-kit on my car, give him my car and then $1000 in exchange for his car. I would drive up to New York and deliver my car and drive his car home. This was agreed on by both parties and we had a deal. I put in to take off work as I needed several days to drive the car to New York (from Oklahoma – 1500 miles each way) and drive his car back. Two days before the deal was to go through he called me and told me that he couldn’t do the deal unless I gave him $1800, because his father wouldn’t let him. He said he would do it for $1000 but he would keep the 18” wheels on his car. I was very annoyed by this because we had spent a lot of time communicating, and besides this, as gentlemen we had made a deal. Because of the bodykit on his car, it would look ridiculous with stock wheels. I hesitantly agreed to give him $1800, but he told me the wheels were a 9/10 for condition so I figured it was worthwhile.

Before I left for New York I catalogued all of my records on the car, then brought it in to get it serviced before I left. They changed the oil, oil filter, topped off all fluids and did a general maintenance check. They said everything was fine. This documentation was included when the deal was made.

I drove to New York which took approximately 24 hours of driving time. During the drive my car drove perfectly with no problems whatsoever. I arrived in Brooklyn at around 1pm and called DaizenLex. He told me he would be there by 3. We decided he should come to meet me at my hotel because I did not know the area and he did. By the time he arrived it was approximately 6:30pm and it was dark outside.

I was a little hesitant to follow through with the deal in the dark but did so anyway. We drove each others cars and I followed behind him. We were both stomping it pretty hard but he was pulling away from me. After we had gotten back to the hotel I mentioned that he had been leaving me behind, and he said that was because he had been using the gears. I asked him how it had shifted and he said it had shifted fine.

We decided that we would meet up the following day so we could look at the cars in the daylight and go through any problems that we found.

The next day, in the daylight I finally saw the car and was not at all happy with what I had found. Here is a list of some of the problems

1. Drivers side fender was cracked
2. Hood was cracked
3. Drivers door panel was cracked
4. Awful touch up paint on rear bumper
5. About 7 dings around the car
6. Headliner was half black and half tan
7. Carpet was half black and half tan
8. Rear passenger window had black spray paint all over it
9. Large gap in center console approx 4”x7” with exposed wires showing.
10. Drivers window was loose and wobbled
11. Wheels were badly curb rashed.
12. Only one of the advertised Hella HID’s worked.

(This was over 3 months ago so I cannot remember any of the other problems, although there were plenty more.)

This quote is taken from his posting of the car for sale – link –

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=101297

in which he said “This car is completely assembled with a little touch you can enter her into shows.”

These are the problems he told me about -

1. Front bumper had a tear on it – ( turns out the bumper took many hours of fiberglassing to repair it because it was so messed up.)
2. Cluster wasn’t working properly.
3. Car needed an alignment.
4. A/C may work – hadn’t used it since last summer so wasn’t for sure. ( turns out that it did not blow cold air so it did not work. Additionally the temp doesn’t work. It only blows cold air if it is set on cold – if it is at 65 degrees or higher it blows hot air.)

Well, I called him back that morning and he didn’t answer. I left him a message. I was supposed to be leaving to get back to Tulsa that afternoon for work but I knew if I left then there would be no recourse on all the problems I had with the car. I called several more times that day, and then ended up spending another $160 for the hotel room another night. I called him continually the next day and got no answer. I ended up staying with a friend the next night because I couldn’t afford another night in a hotel. Again, I called several times that day but never got a reply or a call back. Well, I couldn’t wait any longer so I started my drive home.

As I got on the highway I realized that the speedometer didn’t work. So, I had to drive 1500 miles without a speedometer. I guess this is what was meant with “cluster problems” even though he had them advertised as “Custom Cluster White needles on blue background.”

About 6 hours into the drive I got a flat on the front drivers side. Upon closer inspection the complete inside of the tire was down to steel belt. The alignment was so bad that the steel belt had been worn right down. I went to the trunk to get the jack, only to find that he did not supply me with a lug wrench. I called AAA and 6 hours later they arrived. Upon jacking up the car we noticed that 2 more of the tires were down to the steel belt, but had not yet blown. So, I had to drive another 900 miles with 2 more tires that were about to blow, not to mention it was 6pm on a Sunday night.

By this stage I was very irritated and left a message for Daizenlex telling him I was very irritated at him for not giving me a lug wrench, or answering any of my calls.

Somehow I made it back to Tulsa and brought the car in to get the tire replaced. As it was up on the lift we noticed that the wheels were all bent. He had told me the wheels were a 9/10.

So, I replaced the tires and went on my way. I removed his seat covers to find the leather falling apart and was badly dyed black, however, there was more tan that black.

Soon after I started having electrical problems. Every time I checked it out I would find wiring that was spliced multiple times, and either was left bare or had tape on. Not a single wire had been capped.

I have spent many many hours working on this car trying to get it back to the condition it was supposed to be in. I have redyed the car so now it is mostly black.

Here is the description of the car https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=101297

Here are differences between what was advertised and what I got –

The car was advertised as being black interior. The interior was more tan than black when I received the car.

In his post, he said it had XM radio – but when I got there he had taken it out and left me with just the antenna. Said that his girlfriend had bought it for him so he had to take it out.

The “Hella 8500k HiD kit “ that was advertised was not in fact Hella, turns out they are some cheap rip-off called “Newtech.”

And the biggest one – NEW PAINT

The paint job is absolutely awful. There is not a section of the car that looks even somewhat decent. After spending many hours polishing it I got it to look good from a distance, but up close it is a mess. There is touch up paint all over the car – all of which I can provide pictures of.

The day after I returned home I finally got a call from Daizenlex. He told me that he had lost his phone and that is why he had never answered. I was very irritated by this as we all know you can check your cell-phone messages from any phone, and that I am very sure he did not go a week without either getting a new phone or at least checking his messages. He then proceeded to tell me that the transmission had gone out on the car because there was no fluid in the transmission and that it had cost him $1500 to replace. I found this very hard to believe because I had it checked before I left Tulsa, it drove perfectly fine the whole way there, he drove the car changing gear that night and said it shifted fine.

I mentioned this to a fellow member on the forums who told me that DaizenLex had not had to replace the transmission on the car. So, I believe that he made up this story to counteract all the problems I had found with his car.

Daizenlex did not provide me with any of the records of the car, even though I was guaranteed that he had them all. I have been asking him about them since I bought the car. He told me the records were sent and he had a confirmation that they were delivered. I have been asking for 2.5 months to send me this proof of delivery confirmation so I can see who signed for them, but he has not provided the proof of delivery confirmation. I even offered to send him the money to cover the shipping. I have proof of this from PM’s that can be provided.

I have spent several months debating as to whether or not I should write this. However, after talking with some members of the forum they convinced me that I should make light of the situation. I finally decided to do it after seeing Daizenlex trying to sell a VIS bumper in the classifieds –

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=127485

Daizenlex guarantees that it will fit. However, I personally installed the same bumper on the car I swapped with Daizenlex and it does not even come close to fitting. I spent many hours using a dremmel to shave, and then I had to drill many new holes to make the bumper fit. Daizenlex says and I quote “Vis has problems with sideskirts not front bumpers, and most people that knock on vis have never even installed it on their car.”

Correct me please if I am wrong, but when did Daizenlex ever install one? He had a Bomex on his car and I put the VIS front on my car.

Anyway, I could continue all day as to all the problems I have with the car. But, we made a deal and I followed through with it. All I can say is “Caveat Emptor – Buyer Beware.”
Old 08-03-04, 12:36 AM
DaizenLex
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im going to make this very short and simple, you were informed of every single problem.

The interior was all black and the headliner was unfinished, all those who saw the interior of the dyed black color were convinced it was black

i told you you needed to change the tires very very soon
the seatcovers were there to cover the seats condition, as i had told you,

i have not had problems with the rims being bent, at most a few poped tires in the winter

i had informed you also the window sill, and drivers door panel was cracked, the typical cracks found in a lexus
(yours had it completely broken off, i can willingly take out the window regulatror switch because of that)

And if you do your research see who owns "Newtech"

i told you i was keeping the XM radio BEFORE you came to NY

Electrical problems i dont know about, im not the best electrical guru and didnt do that much
electrical work on it

You were informed of the problems specified either at the time of sale or before, you had plenty of time to drive and look at the car however you were busy speaking on the cell phone that whole time during the transaction.

About your ViS kit you had on your car, it wasnt even a Vis kit, the sides were DO-LUCK, the rear was some type of lip, the front was maybe a cheap version of a Vis , i recently installed a ViS kit on my car, and believe me it was a direct bolt on, (imo..... you need a new bodyshop guy ) so there goes that theory

How about your AC Unit didnt light up all the way... never mentioned that

Oh by the way .... you forgot to mention to me your door was a different shade of gold, and i dont know whether it was you or your mechanic but i guess to make the car shinier you decided to spray it with a clearcoat, thank god i resprayed the whole car, every body panel was a different shade of gold.

And for your tranny going out , you can speak to as many people as you want i didnt release this info to anyone, i ddnt feel i had to "b1tch" about problems i received with your car, people can tell you anything you want up to this day only a very few memmbers really know the headache i went thru finding a tranny for this car ... and whoever told you i didnt change the transmission should get on their knees and look at the tranny , i know who might of informed you about such rubbish but at least now i know what type of person he really is , my transaction with him didnt go as smoothly as expected, but i didnt think he would stoop this low and tell you about something he had absolutley no idea or any type of clue whatsoever

You can think of me anything you want and you can go and b1tch about it all you want, i took your damage to the car like a man , and worked with it . Most of the people i have dealt with on this forum know me and trust me those, that didnt and wont i can care less, i only respect those i know and met not somoene who has just a screen name. And most of that claimed "damage" all it needed was some simple know how, but not all of us posses that Johnny !

The only thing i do admit honestly was forgetting to give you the lug wrench, that was an unfortunate honest mistake. But you must of hit some type of debree or something to pop the front tire
Old 08-03-04, 12:57 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by DaizenLex

The only thing i do admit honestly was forgetting to give you the lug wrench, that was an unfortunate honest mistake. But you must of hit some type of debree or something to pop the front tire
Not even gonna bother sitting here arguing with you as it will get me nowhere. We both know the truth, unfortuantely only 1 of us is telling it.

The only 2 things I want to comment on are firstly the quote from above. Yeah, it could have been some type of debris that I hit - or it could be that the alignment was sooo damn bad that the tire was worn to the steel belt. The same piece of debris must have hit all the other tires also - PLEASE!

And the records that u sent?? Still didn't get them?? Didn't get the confirmation either?? Must have gotten lost in the same place as my records - or else it doesn't exist like my records!