Buyer / Seller Feedback Forum The feedback forum is where you can post both good and bad experiences with members whom you've dealt with in our ClubLexus Marketplace classifieds forum. Please read rules before posting here!

Darrel @Lexus-parts.com / Sewell Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-04, 09:25 AM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Darrel at Sewell

Just wanted to give some props here.

I have ordered just as much stuff now with Darrel as I have with Carson, and have had great experience and success with both.

Darrel is great to order with, keeps me informed at all times, answers my calls and e-mails promptly, and works with me when I have issues.

Old 12-30-04, 01:46 PM
liquidsilver
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Darrel @Lexus-parts.com / Sewell Lexus

Everything was smooth......ordering, waiting,phone calls, emails,shipping..........all the way to Canada.

Alex
Old 01-03-05, 07:19 AM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

I won't start another thread about Sewell but I just posted this in the Vendor section...

Just wanted to share with everyone what to expect from this vendor when a problem arises... This is the same great service and communication Darrel has provided through all my purchases thus far. Here is my e-mail to him this morning and his fast reply...

Sent: Monday, January 03, 2005 7:08 AM
To: Darrel Diller
Subject: New Wheels and Tires
Darrel, I had my new wheels and tires mounted and installed Sat. and there are 2 problems.

1. 1 wheel has 2 gouges in the metal from the factory. The installer noticed them and said definitely a factory defect because both gouges were painted over by the factory… IE, no physical damage was evident and gouges were there before paint was added to the wheel.
2. 1 Tire has a factory defect in the sidewall and would not hold air. It is an actual hole in the side wall… Looks like rip or tear but again no obvious damage to the tire around the hole… they said it might be possible it was damaged during shipping but it really did look like a factory defect since there is no obvious scuffing or rubbing visible around the opening.

This wheel and tire will end up being my spare so I need to make a change also. I had not thought about it but using the pilot sport as a spare is not going to work because it is directional… so I would like to send back both the defective wheel and tire and have you ship me a new wheel with some unidirectional tire mounted, same size as the current setup.

Let me know if this is a good way to handle all this.

Thanks In Advance
John Leto

John,

I will have a wheel and tire sent to you today (with an Michelin). The UPS tracking number will be 1Z2527X80354194705 and will be available for tracking later this evening. In the meantime, I have contacted UPS to pick-up the defective wheel and tire assembly.
With best regards,
Darrel Diller
Sewell Lexus of Dallas
www.lexus-parts.com
6421 Lemmon Avenue
Dallas, TX 75209
(866) 770-3099 ext: 2826
(214) 353-2826
(214) 350-5398 Fax
ddiller@sewell.com
Old 02-17-05, 09:36 PM
Lexy GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Default Order problems from sewell -lexus

I had recently ordered that $270 L-tune aerokit on (2-7-05) from Darrel, and my creditcard account said that it has already payed sewell lexus, but Darrel tells me that they have no records of any payment from my creditcard company, and he tells me to send him a statement that show's my bank has payed sewell which i did, and he would send my part's to me and i still haven't got my part's yet. so What's going on i have called my bank at least 5 times, and talk to Darrel 5 more time's. He tell's me to wait for alittle while because he is looking in to it. So, my question is who is at fault, and how do i resolve this problem? I also got a comfirmation # from Darrel for my shippment on (2-9-05) that it was shipping to me then a day later it was voided due to insufficient billing info what give's. How can he send my order then cancel it? Today is the 16th and i still haven't got my order. Has anyone have this same problem before with sewell?

Last edited by Lexy GS430; 02-17-05 at 11:03 PM.
Old 02-17-05, 09:43 PM
JoeGS300
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah i ordered the l-tuned shocks/springs combo for 330 shipped and i dont know what happened. im just waiting it out im really not in a hurry to get them. reading posts i see it takes like 600+ to install the damn things...

i hope todd can do them for cheaper. i ran out of money with my audio set up. pics coming!
Old 02-17-05, 09:44 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,248 Likes on 1,364 Posts

You should just be able to give him the transaction number from your bill or fax him a copy of it.

Worst case just dispute the charge and have them process it again.
Old 02-17-05, 09:47 PM
Shogun
Driver

Default $600?

FWIW, the local NTB (now part of Tire Kingdom) just quoted me $200 for the shock/spring installation.

Good luck,
Eric
Old 02-17-05, 09:56 PM
ILOVEGIRLS
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i bought the ltuned setup when sewell first offered it. then around xmas time sewell charged my account for 220 bucks for no reason. i called..talked to their account dept. and they said they were going to look into it and call me back. they even said that they dont even know what it is for. a few weeks went by and still no call from sewell so i went ahead and filed a dispute with my credit card co. it feb and i have been given provisionary credit until they figure out what happened. the last thing i heard was they were waiting for a copy of the transaction from sewell....
Old 02-17-05, 09:58 PM
Lexy GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
You should just be able to give him the transaction number from your bill or fax him a copy of it.

Worst case just dispute the charge and have them process it again.

Dave i did that, and he told me that he would send it to me once he got a statement, and i fax it to him, but i don't know why he's taking his time on this.
Old 02-17-05, 10:50 PM
ARISTO*7
Lexus Champion

when i ordered my aero kit, only the sides came. i called darrel and he sent the grill and i got it during the week.. im sure this will get worked out.
Old 02-18-05, 08:14 AM
Traturn
Driver

Tried to get an L-Tuned shock absorber set, TRD tells me that part is on backorder ti'll the end of Feb. at least.

fwiw
Old 02-18-05, 09:34 AM
edfrsd
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Parts was shipped.

Last edited by edfrsd; 02-25-05 at 06:06 AM.
Old 02-18-05, 11:17 AM
JoeGS300
Driver

really hope this doesnt happen to me.
Old 02-18-05, 11:21 AM
NT2SHBBY
Lexus Test Driver

i got my in cabin filters just fine

altho I had minor issues back when I got my l-tuned rims
Old 02-18-05, 12:23 PM
edfrsd
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I called them and they verified my order was shipped. It arrived as promised.

Last edited by edfrsd; 02-25-05 at 06:07 AM.

Quick Reply: Darrel @Lexus-parts.com / Sewell Lexus