Buyer / Seller Feedback Forum The feedback forum is where you can post both good and bad experiences with members whom you've dealt with in our ClubLexus Marketplace classifieds forum. Please read rules before posting here!

vinhcibLe = headache

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-08, 09:00 PM
Eric00GS3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vinhcibLe = headache

I wouldn't have created this thread if any one of the things below had happen individually, but all of them combined just added up and I wouldn't want another honest CL member to have to deal with something similar.

Here's the sale thread:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=347285

I agreed to purchase a spoiler from VinhcibLe. When the spoiler arrived, it had a large chunk missing from one of the tips. Before I bought it, I had asked him what condition it was in and he said it was in perfect condition. But the damage to the tip was so bad that you could see all the way through to the fiberglass.

Spoiler was advertised as an OEM spoiler. After the spoiler arrived, I had my suspicions that it was aftermarket and not OEM. Took it to the Lexus dealership, and they said right away that it was aftermarket because it didn't have the Toyota numbers on the LED lights and because the damage revealed the fiberglass and their spoilers are made of plastic.

I contacted him and he said he didn't know that it wasn't OEM because he had taken it off his car and the guy who sold him the car told him it was OEM.

He also said that the tip of the spoiler was not damaged when he sent it and that it must have been UPS. But if this is the case, then he packaged it up poorly.

He agreed to take it back and refund my money which was good. But then he says that he expects me to pay for shipping. His reason was that he didn't know it wasn't OEM and so it wasn't his fault. But the way I see it, it is his responsibility to ensure that the representations he is making about the product he is selling is accurate. It certainly isn't the buyers responsibility to ensure that the seller's representations of the product are accurate.

So after going back and forth with him regarding the shipping and listening to his excuse that he is a poor high school student who doesn't have any money, I finally agree that arguing with him isn't worth the time and I tell him that I'll pay for shipping.

However, after buying his poor high school student line, I find these:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=348105
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=347284
How does a poor high school student who can't afford to pay for shipping have money to buy sway bars and tires?

He also didn't reimburse me for the paypal fee I got hit with when he returned my money.

I've asked him to reimburse me for the shipping and the paypal fee and have heard nothing.

By the way, he never did correct the original post so it reflects that the spoiler was aftermarket and not OEM.

Last edited by Eric00GS3; 04-22-08 at 09:15 PM.