Buyer / Seller Feedback Forum The feedback forum is where you can post both good and bad experiences with members whom you've dealt with in our ClubLexus Marketplace classifieds forum. Please read rules before posting here!

CCC-TT = bad seller

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-08 | 02:37 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Default CCC-TT = bad seller

Didn't particularly want to leave this feedback, but we have run out of options.

I purchased a black door trim from CCC-TT for $50+$45 shipping = $95. I was told it was blemish free and saw the pictures he posted.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=354246

When I received it - this is what I found

CCC-TT claimed this damage was not there when he shipped it, but the box arrived without any damage to it, and there were no broken pieces inside. Had it broken en-route, then the broken pieces would be inside the box.

CCC-TT offered me $20 back making my cost $75. The one I have right now is in better shape than this one - so I asked CCC-TT to send me $47.50 back making us both losing $47.50. I am not sure why I should lose a penny being that I was buying something that was advertised blemish-free, but I thought it was only fair. Apparently CCC-TT didn't think that was fair.

So this brings us to this point. I am out $95 for a piece that was described as blemish free - when you can see from the pictures it has many "blemishes."

Caveat Emptor.

Jonny

Last edited by Dx3; 05-27-08 at 05:44 AM.
Old 05-27-08 | 12:18 PM
CCC-TT
Racer

These are the offers i made:
What i would be willing to do is have you ship that back, and then i will take that trim piece out of my personal car and swap it with that one, if you're willing to pay for the return shipping. lmk. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
Bro, I cant see paying you that much, when you still have the part, which is still usable and sell-able. I understand if you're upset because a screw hole wasnt there, but as it sits in the car installed it stays in place and looks just like it should. If i sent you half the money, I would have sold a cosmetically good part for $2.50, not including the $5 i spent on the box to ship it. I would be happy to send you back $20 as some reimbursement for you being unhappy with it.
As i see it, he still has the part, which i would have no problem using, I even offered to give him the one out of my personal car because i know the window trim he has is not in the condition he would like, but i have no problem with the way it looks in the car. I offered to give him $20 because i'm not willing to lose money and not have the part, which is what will happen if i send him the $47; he paid me $50 for it, and i didnt include the $10 i spent on the box and packing corn in the shipping price, I'm sorry he is upset with it but i refuse to lose money and have lost a good part as well. I've obviously tried to be fair and negotiate this, but its a little hard to negotiate when the buyer's attitude is my way or the highway.

these pictures were on the original thread, this is the exact part that was shipped to him

Last edited by CCC-TT; 05-27-08 at 12:22 PM.
Old 05-27-08 | 12:43 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

With your way, I either pay $75 for a damaged part or $140 for a good part. How do either of those sound like a good deal to me?

The bottom line is the part was not how you described, so why should I lose a penny of my money on the deal? I am very confused as to how there are broken parts on the one I received, but these "broken parts" are nowhere to be found in the box. How did they mysteriously disappear? Just because there are pictures of it intact ON your car, does not mean they were shipped that way...

I refuse to put a broken piece on my car and be out $75. I have a broken piece on my car right now for free...

So no, it is not my way or the highway, but explain to me why I should end up losing money on this deal when I fulfiled my side of the deal - to pay you. Your side of the deal was to supply me an "as-advertised" product - which you didn't do...

Jonny
Old 05-29-08 | 07:22 AM
CCC-TT
Racer

Ok, I'm tired of this, you'll have payment today. Lmk when you get it.
Old 05-30-08 | 06:29 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by CCC-TT
Ok, I'm tired of this, you'll have payment today. Lmk when you get it.
I appreciate it - thank you I will let you know when it arrives...

Jonny
Old 05-30-08 | 07:51 PM
CCC-TT
Racer

So? I sent it yesterday.
Old 05-31-08 | 04:48 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by CCC-TT
So? I sent it yesterday.
Because it was an e-check they said it takes 3-5 business days to clear...

Jonny