Canada For events in Canada.

Ontario: Want to go to Deals Gap?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-06, 05:11 AM
dnszoom
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ontario: Want to go to Deals Gap?

I am going to head down to the Club Lexus Tail of the of the Dragon event, May 27, 2006. For those who been to the Gap, it's worth the drive.

I'll probably do lots of driving, golfing and drinking/eating. Tonnes of R&R! I'm not sure of the exact dates but if there is anyone else that wants to head down in a caravan - I'll adjust my schedule accordingly.

Here is the link to the Southeast regional thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=204220
Old 03-15-06, 06:28 AM
GSE25
Lead Lap

Hey this will be fun as I've always wanted to go with the s2000 guys.. never had the chance (nor did I have a suitable car). I will try to go, but I won't be sure until closer to the actual date.
Old 03-15-06, 06:57 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 314 Likes on 192 Posts

I went down in 2003 and it was an absolute blast!!!!

I took my two sons with me and my wife and they also enjoyed it (ofcourse my boys enjoyed it as they are both gear heads as well). My wife was neutral towards it but she supported me anyway. My older son threw up in the car on the dragon run. Luckily I was prepared and no mess was made in the car. I had him have a towel in his lap as I suspected he might throw up. Luckily my younger son was fast asleep the whole time, so he didn't throw up. My wife almost threw up, but she managed to keep it down.

Last year I went to Baltimore MD for the LexFest event - http://www.lexfest.net . That was an absolute blast as well. The folk at TeamLexus did an incredible job supporting us.

I won't be going down to the dragon this year as the drive is about 14 hours straight and it is kinda hard. It is not so bad if you break it up in two by stopping over for the night, but I can't take a lot of time off work and that rules that option out for me. Ofcourse the bigger issue is that it will be very hard to convince my wife to put up with the long drive again.

We seem to be getting quite a few active members here locally - it would be nice to have a local meet.

I live in Oakville. Where do you guys live?
Old 03-19-06, 06:21 AM
dnszoom
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Hameed
We seem to be getting quite a few active members here locally - it would be nice to have a local meet.

I live in Oakville. Where do you guys live?
For sure - once the weather gets nicer!

I'm in Toronto...