Canada For events in Canada.

Toronto Carwash

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-06 | 07:59 AM
JoesIS250
Driver

Default Toronto Carwash

Hello everyone in toronto....

Next weekend ill be driving from jersey to toronto for a wedding and was hoping that someone around there can tell me of a good carwash i can go to once i get there. A 500 plus mile drive from jersey to toronto will certainly get my wheels black due to the brake dust problems the 2IS has and plus was hoping to go to the wedding in a nice shiney car. The wedding and my hotel is in the scarborough area so any assistance would be greatly appreciated
Old 08-10-06 | 11:38 AM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JoesIS250
Hello everyone in toronto....

Next weekend ill be driving from jersey to toronto for a wedding and was hoping that someone around there can tell me of a good carwash i can go to once i get there. A 500 plus mile drive from jersey to toronto will certainly get my wheels black due to the brake dust problems the 2IS has and plus was hoping to go to the wedding in a nice shiney car. The wedding and my hotel is in the scarborough area so any assistance would be greatly appreciated
You have a couple of options. If you want to DIY, there are coin-ops all over; downside there is you need the time and of course should bring your own soap/bucket/mitt (don't use their brush!)

If that's not good there is an "ok" touchless at Bayview & 7th, railess too, which is nice. There are a few other touchless deals in Scarborough, but afaik they all have rails.

There are some Express Detail shops in Scarborough too, the $39.99 and we wash it with some snow brushes in 15 minute jobs. Not sure on their locations.

Lastly, you could have it detailed for real while here. There is a Fine Details in Scarborough, Autobahn in North York, or...well, me, downtown. Fine Details/Autobahn can be found in google, my website is http://gtaindetail.com

Interestingly, I *just* (like 1 hour ago) finished detailing a car from Kentucky. The guy was in town for a wedding (sounds eerily familar, no?) and wanted his S4 detailed. What are the odds of that?

Last edited by picus; 08-10-06 at 11:41 AM.
Old 08-10-06 | 01:11 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

You should not have much if any brake dust as you are driving and not stopping much.
There are coin ops but you don;t know the city and we don;t know where you are so it is going to be weird to drive around espesically in Scarborough. Being in town for a wedding i am sure your time is short. Do you want a full cleaning or a quick clean up.
Old 08-11-06 | 12:08 PM
JoesIS250
Driver

Originally Posted by skperformance
You should not have much if any brake dust as you are driving and not stopping much.
There are coin ops but you don;t know the city and we don;t know where you are so it is going to be weird to drive around espesically in Scarborough. Being in town for a wedding i am sure your time is short. Do you want a full cleaning or a quick clean up.

Well with the 2nd generation IS's theres a lot of brake dust even when im not pressign the brakes. Im just about certain that my wheels will look horrible by the time i get to toronto. Im waiting on aftermarket pads like a lot of the other IS owners. Anyways my wife and i will get there sometime friday afternoon then we have the practice/dinner to go to soo the only time i really have for a "quickie" wash would be saturday morning. Ill try the one suggested on fairview? and 7th. I wish i had the time to head downtown for a detailing but perhaps next time. Thanks again for the suggestions
Old 08-11-06 | 01:03 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

JoesIS250,

It may be difficult to bring your own car wash tools(wash mitts, shampoo, etc). If you look for a good hand car wash, you may also try Fine Details in Markham. I have my gf's car washed there especially during the winter.

http://www.finedetails.org/locations/markham.htm

905-471-2722

Look for the owner, AJ. Tell him it's Andy who refers to you. He is pretty meticulous. It's only Cdn$15. They use a wash mitt, bucket and their own car wash shampoo formulation and a pressure washer. They usually dry your car with towel, air blow and then towel again.

It only takes about 30 minutes in total. I have seen a Ford GT40 detailed by him in his shop.

The only thing to watch is our black window frames have a very thin clear coat and you might tell them upfront to be extremely careful on that.

Saturday is usually busy and so you might need to call them ahead of time.

Note that not all Fine Details are the same. I tried another location (Richmond Hill) and they didn't clean thoroughly enough, leaving some dirt near the bottom of the rear bumpers.

Another suggestion would be GTA in Details. It's highly recommended (picus detailed my gf's car meticulously) but the cost of car wash may be a bit on the higher side as their car wash is bundled with some detailing services.
Old 08-11-06 | 02:23 PM
LexusYYZ
Driver School Candidate

Touchless car washes are garbage. Like I say, if you put soap on yourself and don't rub it around you ain't going to get clean. Go to a soft cloth wash. The one I like is at Bathurst/Steeles. Petrocan have good ones. If you like "touchless" just pour so soap all over the car and wash it off. It will cost less.
Old 08-11-06 | 03:04 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

for a wedding show up, ull need to get it professionally cleaned by Picus
Old 08-13-06 | 07:21 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

You know what i would do , rather than wing it and drive all the way to a coin op trying to clean all the bugs off. Either let picus come to you as he is mobile if you can get a garden hose . Other wise call the fine details on Sheppard at Mc Cowan in Scarborough and schedule an appointment for a hand wash and vac for like $30. Nice and quick and real easy.