Open Road sux ... Regency rox

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-07, 05:34 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Open Road sux ... Regency rox

As some/many of you know: my car is damaged due to the nasty that is Surrey

Status update: tire is completely shot and rim is equally garbage (it's an oval)
New development: this morning I realized my cd player is ALSO jammed

This morning: went to Open Road Lexus in Port Moody, they didn't even want to try, they wouldn't check my car for other damage at all ... they were very unwilling to even try to identify the problem with the changer. Basically told me that they weren't going to help me.

WHAT THE HELL IS OWNING A LEXUS ABOUT

I left there very, very upset but went off to calculus and economics (didn't pay a whole lot of attention)

This afternoon: called Regency Lexus and told them everything and asked if they could please see me this afternoon. They said, 'not really, but come down and we'll fit you in.' ... first positive thing so far ... went to Regency this afternoon.

At Regency Lexus: they checked over everything to make sure there wasn't any additional damage from this stupid pothole and agreed that the cd player being jammed was in fact the fault of the pothole.

AND because I was just so frusterated: I finally just fixed the Mass Air Inflow Sensor and paid the stupid high price for it ($322.) but I don't even care because car has go power now.

The moral is: go to Regency Lexus ... they treat you really well, especially if your upset.
Old 01-24-07, 05:40 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

noted

my past experience was a bit different with Cameron Ma of Open Road Port Moody Lexus

but ill definitely try to go to Regency if i need something done at the dealership next time
Old 01-24-07, 05:58 PM
legomaniac
Pole Position

wow... that is one massive pothole...

i haven't had service at any dealerships yet but i bought from open road @ richmond auto mall... had one small issue that i dealt with service briefly and it was good quick work, but then i JUST bought the car (and probably paid too much for used) and it was a small prob - found a rust spot under the rear license plate due to the exposed screw on the bottom of the plate, they did a touchup job but it was alright...
Old 01-24-07, 06:04 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

the whole was massive ... i knew as soon as i hit it ... it was one of THOSE kinds of *thunks*
Old 01-26-07, 07:58 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

ugh i had no luck with regency... when i bought my car they wouldn't give me the car's service history (my car was at a used lot but it was serviced by regency), and the guy gave me a lot of attitude over the phone. i ended up going to northshore lexus and they showed me everything on their computer screen at the service desk (i needed permission from the previous owner to have printouts (not possible), or actually own the car).

edit: this was over 2 years ago... maybe things have changed since then.

Last edited by Benjamin T; 01-26-07 at 02:34 PM.
Old 01-26-07, 02:28 PM
angus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default open road sucks

i have had similar,if not worse experiences with open road port moody.It's like they believe everyone but them is an inferior being.Long story short,i left there feeling like i should drive my lexus off a cliff--or through their building,and buy a kia!!!! they did everythig they could to make me feel very small.STEER CLEAR
Old 02-07-07, 08:23 PM
cspec
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cameron Ma at Open Road has always treated me with the upmost care, so I guess it can go both ways. :P
Old 02-07-07, 09:50 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by cspec
Cameron Ma at Open Road has always treated me with the upmost care, so I guess it can go both ways. :P
same here

maybe it is because we are asian and he prefers asians?

i first met cameron ma at the autoshow last year and he was very nice to me

according to my OpenRoad Driver fall/winter 2006 magazine, Cameron Ma won the Toyota/Lexus National Skills Contest and will represent openroad this year at toyota head office in japan

*big shrugs*
Old 02-07-07, 10:59 PM
angus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

are you suggesting he's RACIST?
Old 02-07-07, 11:03 PM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had dealings with both OpenRoad Lexus in Richmond and Port Moody.
Not in their service departments but have purchased parts from them both. I usually like to e-mail the parts department if I know exactly what I want to purchase (it's a long distance phone call from where I live) and ask them to get back to me with prices etc. On more than one occasion I never even got a response back from the Richmond dealership, but at the Port Moody parts department, I've always received a friendly reply within an hour or two with all the info I requested. Sherry Baziuk used to be the parts department person at Port Moody but now she's the Parts Manager for both the Port Moody Lexus and Toyota dealerships which are right next door to each other. I guess she deserves a promotion for doing a good job and pleasing customers....good for her.
I've never been to Regency Lexus.
How about Jim Pattison Lexus in N.Van? Anyone have any experiences (good or bad) with them?
Old 02-07-07, 11:30 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

no im not suggesting that he is a racist

only asking if he is racially discriminating ppl
or maybe just had a bad day that day (or a bad week)
Old 02-08-07, 07:27 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lexucan
How about Jim Pattison Lexus in N.Van? Anyone have any experiences (good or bad) with them?
there is another post elsewhere here about local dealerships... too lazy to search for it right now sorry
Old 02-25-07, 07:30 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

ok well i would like to say that my car is now all back together and doing nicely ... regency was very accomodating ... they basically saw me about my car when ever it was conveniant for me and they were just all around very good, ... id definately recomend going to regency for any dealer needs

and as a side note: my a4 friend just took his car to open road audi ... all i have to say about that is, there seems to b an open road trend if u kno what i mean
Old 02-26-07, 09:32 AM
narfy
Lead Lap

is that the new one on boundary, where trev deely used to be??
Old 02-26-07, 09:37 AM
legomaniac
Pole Position

i've heard open road is a fairly new Audi dealership and yes, teething probs to say the least... they got the audi license from clarkdale which lost it due to a lack of showroom space or lot space which didn't conform to audi's standards or sth...

Quick Reply: Open Road sux ... Regency rox