Canada For events in Canada.

story time - impounded lex

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-07, 03:37 AM
angus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Don't EVER let a cop tell you that again! The FACT is , the car still belongs to you ... plates or no plates , accident or not and it can and WILL be towed to the location of your choice,even your house! next time call a lawyer ,or at least the police station
Old 06-01-07, 09:18 AM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy to doesn't matter now

My mum was going to have a chat with cdn tire yesterday but now it doesn't matter; why? because my Lex is in the body shop for something else

NEW STORY (i really wish i didn't have a new story)

Yesterday I wasn't going to go to class, I was going to skip and go to the beach and man oh man do I wish I'd done that.

Driving around B-lot looking for parking (parking lot speed) and I'm about to turn into the next isle when an older grey Mitsubishi Lancer gunned it in off the roadway into the parking lot (if we remember when wee took photos at the meet and how the road and parking lot gos there ar the top entrance). So I breaked hard and cranked my wheel to the left hoping to avoid having right side smushed in and I found my left front corned in the bumper of a Grey Nissan 350Z.

The damage isn't serious and no one was hurt becuase everyone (except the Lancer) was going slow parking lot speed. The Nissan and I echanged info and he drove his car home (or where ever) and I had mine toed on a flat deck to my body shop. As for the Mitsubishi, all we have from him is his first name and cell phone number because he definately didn't stick around. It seems like he knows he was going way to fast into B-lot.

Here's the issue: in BC (I don't know how many of you know this, because I didn't for the longest time) if Car A causes an accedent between Car B and Car C, even if Car A isn't involved, Car A is still somewhat at fault. Now, because this was just before class, no one really stuck around because they needed to go learn things, and I didn't grab someone who may have seen the whole thing fast enough.

Here's a plea: if you or someone you know saw this instance, please shoot me a pm, because right now it all looks like my fault . You/they wont need to even talk to ICBC, I have a lawyer who handles things for me so all you/then would need to do is give my lawyer a statement over the phone and because you issued a statment through a lawyer ICBC would not be able to contact you directly (reduction of hassle and concern you/they might have).

Thanks everybody ... I'm so upset ... my poor car

Lesson: being responsible will screw you over. Last time I was responsible and went to class even though I really didn't want to I had the issue with the pothole in Surrey
Old 06-01-07, 09:22 AM
btorok
Pole Position

Holy **** Fay! You need to lock yourself away in the house for a month! What a run of bad luck... Sorry to hear about all the drama
Old 06-01-07, 11:31 AM
black_gs99
Lead Lap

usually comes in 3's.............lol
good luck with getting you car fixed and this whole situation sovled buddy.
Old 06-01-07, 12:37 PM
cspec
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hope you fix his soon.
Old 06-01-07, 12:48 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by cspec
Hope you fix his soon.
i hope your friend saw enough to help me out that would make me less unhappy about the situation for sure
Old 06-01-07, 02:47 PM
totalstu
Pole Position

Can we get a good story with a happy ending, even if you have to make it up

Hope all works out well.

Good Luck
Old 06-01-07, 06:08 PM
legomaniac
Pole Position

damn fayme... maybe u should get some feng shui help to send all the bad luck away...

good to hear ur ok tho...

my friend went thru sth similar but he ended up in a wall and a nice scratch to go with it... it almost doesn't pay to avoid these ****ers
Old 06-01-07, 07:26 PM
sprayin IS
Rookie

well tell your lawyer to call me and i'll tell him what happened ...

but on a more serious note, i hope you get your car fixed in record time. see this is why i always skipped school when i wanted. i knew there was a reason...

and whats with all the bad luck with IS' lately?? seems like everybody is having problems...

good luck.
Old 06-01-07, 08:58 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

oh I know legomanic, rite after it happened I was thinking *what was the point in me trying to avoid that stupid Mitsu, ... now I'm screwed, where as before, I wouldn't have been screwed* ... like wtf, acedent avoidance gets you screwed? how does that work?

you don't by chance know of anyone who maybe saw anything do you?

*frustration*
Old 06-07-07, 06:22 PM
shlounek
Lead Lap

this is the worst story i ever heard.

In our culture its called the evil eye. Envy from others just cuz you have a nice car. Get that blue eye thingy from any arabic or indian shops and put it in your car, it works.... loool
Old 06-07-07, 07:40 PM
legomaniac
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sprayin IS
and whats with all the bad luck with IS' lately?? seems like everybody is having problems...
oh man... i hadn't even read this line... my car got f'g hit&run on the wknd, parked s/b @ fraser/45th... wtf

it's on the driver's side bumper... i racked my brain thinking where i could've rubbed it cuz i'd been in some tight parking places that morning but looking at the scratch it was impossible for me to have done it myself... the only conclusion is that someone tried to parallel park behind me and turned early and bumped into my car and the rub is... icbc estimates $315 to repair... deductible is $300 WTF

Zach
Old 06-07-07, 09:00 PM
MLee
Pole Position

wow, lots of unlucky IS's here!

hope u guys get this fixed
Old 06-07-07, 11:59 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

ooooohhh legomaniac i feel for ya ... mine is STILL in the body shop ... seems like there are going to be a lot of freshly painted ISs at the meet ... hope we all have our cars back in time ... ggrrrrr
*hugz 4 sympathy*
Old 06-12-07, 02:24 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

ok, today they finally started work on my car ... cost to fix things is nearly $6k ... and just in case anyone was wondering how much one headlight costs, it's $17xx for one (so dont mess up your lights guys!)... and fogs are $4xx per light

i got to pick up the courtesy car, and i will now open the floor for people to guess what i'm getting around in ... and i can tell ya, thats all its good for, getting around.

*sigh* i'm going to study stats now ... this whole thing just drives me insane and causes me so much stress ... i cant get over how being responsible and NOT skipping class and then taking DEFENCIVE action when confronted w. a hazzardous situation has caused me this many problems

Quick Reply: story time - impounded lex