Canada For events in Canada.

Car got keyed :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-07, 11:19 PM
Alvin_H
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car got keyed :(

Well I just realized that the passenger side of my car had been keyed ....along with the fender area.......2 key marks in total.....the one in the fender area might be able to buff it out.....but the one in the passenger side panel....don't think is doable because it's real deep...

Are there any good bodyshops in Vancouver being able to perhaps fill the keyed area with paint, sand it down, and polish/wax the area????Or do I have top ay $300 to ICBC to paint the whole door and fender???
Old 09-18-07, 12:38 AM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

nope, no need for ICBC ... the paint shop that did my 01 white pearl IS was great ... perfect match

called "1st Class Autobody" in Port Moody ... courtessy car is total bs, but the paint job was/is flawless

dunno how much that'll cost ya tho
Old 09-18-07, 12:57 AM
Alvin_H
Driver School Candidate

u mean they painted the whole area right? What I mean is..if there are any other ways aside painting the whole panel and fender to save cost....really broke lately....there are much nicer cars in Vancouver/Richmond i dunno why would anybody key my car.....
Old 09-18-07, 01:31 AM
Lisa85
Driver

who in the world would do such a horrible thing. i would be PISSED. U think it's random or somewhere u might know?
Old 09-18-07, 09:31 AM
legomaniac
Pole Position

the best/easiest way is to re-paint the whole panel but i think there are other ways around it but more work intensive.

the 'alternative' that i somewhat recall is to fill th scratch with touchup paint and polish/buff/wet sand the area to smooth it out/blend it in... it would probably work but obviously more work and if you don't kno what you're doing will damage the surrounding paint

feel for you though =(
Old 09-18-07, 09:44 AM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

mmhmmmm ... definately sux

i had my bumper replaced after some1 was kind enough to not stop at an intersection ... but i also had them respray my spoiler [for a beetter match since they had to mix the pain anyhow] in place ... i think the spoiler was $500

so this may depend how big the scratch is ... any pix of the damage?
Old 09-18-07, 06:15 PM
burnabykid
Pole Position

sorry to hear about your car, do you have any idea where it may have happened?
Old 09-18-07, 06:20 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

sucks to hear about it, i think someone keyed my car too, just imagine a big "U" on my big *** hood. dam jealous kids, but my car has a bunch of deep scratches from the previous owner so im not sweating it that much but still gets me angry thinking about it.
Old 09-18-07, 08:36 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

damn that sux, sry to hear about that
hope u can get it fixed up soon
i hate to see an injured lexus
Old 09-19-07, 01:54 AM
Alvin_H
Driver School Candidate

I'll take smaller sized pics tomorrow......

going to a place called Bismark Collision tomorrow (think it's in the same building as SR)and see what they advice me to do.......it's the fact that knowing there is a long *** key mark that really pisses me off.....

I think my car got keyed in Richmond since my GF lives down there and I am with her most of the time.......and at home I garage my car all the time ...

man........$300 deductible.......i was planning to buy an I pod touch lol.........
Old 09-19-07, 07:28 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Alvin_H
I'll take smaller sized pics tomorrow......

going to a place called Bismark Collision tomorrow (think it's in the same building as SR)and see what they advice me to do.......it's the fact that knowing there is a long *** key mark that really pisses me off.....

I think my car got keyed in Richmond since my GF lives down there and I am with her most of the time.......and at home I garage my car all the time ...

man........$300 deductible.......i was planning to buy an I pod touch lol.........
i had all my bodywork done at bismark. they do mostly high end cars so private non-icbc stuff might be expensive. you want to be talking to walter.

the last time my dad's car was keyed he was quoted $700 for one door at AK autoworks (back when they were good) because there was so much blending involved, and they keyed it to the point it gouged the metal... anyway it was far more than the $300 deductible my dad had, so it had to be done through icbc
Old 09-19-07, 07:42 PM
Alvin_H
Driver School Candidate

Well, I have been told to claim thru ICBC at Bismark because apparently they will need to pain the front, back passenger side panels and the right fender in order to blend and match the colorings....so it will cost way more than $300.

I heard that Bismark's quality went downhill though .....anybody heard of AutoSense? I think it's near the Porsche dealership in Vancouver. My friend recommended to go there.

If my car is leased, does it really matter how much I need to repaint?
Old 09-20-07, 07:21 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

i've been to autosense also. their work is very good also, but being a smaller shop it's hard to set up an appointment depending on the time of the year, and private work is again very expensive
Old 09-20-07, 08:32 AM
SorrGwa
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i got my prelude worked on at autosense before, did a great job. felt out of place with all the benz's, jagx, beamers and ferraris around though =P

i also got my prelude worked on at ak autoworks before, knowing the guys there meant they were extra careful and did an absolutely flawless job... they do contract jobs for brian jessel bmw.

have yet to get anything done at bismark but i happen to know the SR guys for a while (being in the automotive aftermarket industry for 7+ years) and knowing the owners son who works there, Stanford, kinda helps too. I think walter is the manager there.

if u need any referrals, feel free to ask.. who knows, maybe get u a bit better deal or at least take a little bit more extra care of the car.
Old 09-20-07, 02:46 PM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

do you have proof that bismark's workmanship is not good anymore? i need to ask because i've been referring others there based on the work that was done on my car... if it really is that bad, i shouldn't be telling others to go there like i just did here

good fortune didn't strike me twice with AK. i went there once with my dad's car which was badly rear ended and they did a near flawless job. but after the big change in staff, the second time i went back wasn't good to me

Quick Reply: Car got keyed :(