only in vancouver ...

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-07, 07:39 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default only in vancouver ...

[the not so relevant part]
last sunday i was at work and about half an hr before the shop opened i decided i wanted to go for coffee. at that exact moment my friend calls and says hes around the corner he'll pick me up so i dont have to walk in the rain, i figure this is good deal.

[more relevant part]
we get to the starbucks and there's no parking in their little lot but there IS a spot just outside the parking lot on the street. you know how scooters and bikes park at the end of spots yea? well where a bike/scooter would normally be parked, is a shopping cart filled w. bottles/cans/etc. the spot is the end spot so i had commented that my friend could have easilly parked there if the cart hadn't been at the end of the end spot (everyone follow where this cart is?)

[bad diagram part]

__drive-way__[cart][__spot__][next car]

[the funny part]
my friend decides to park there anyhow, normal parallel parking style. as he begins to park this homeless guy comes from ... somewhere ... and i say 'oh good, buddy is going to just move the cart' but NO! buddy (i call random people 'buddy' so here i'm referring to the homeless guy) just kicks the cans that have fallen out of the cart back towards (and under) his cart. we get out of the car and buddy said 'didnt you see my cart?' my friend responds with 'yes thats why i didnt just drive over it, thats a bad spot for that'

[the only in vancouver part]
friend and i are standing in line inside and i say 'i wonder where buddy homeless went' (the line moves one person and we step forward) and there is buddy homeless.

ONLY IN VANCOUVER: does the homeless man PARK his shopping cart somewhat proplerly on the street, get a VENTI at starbucks and sit outside having a smoke, drinking his venti and reading the paper to ESCAPE THE RAIN!!!

i thought it was funny, and i just had to share
Old 10-03-07, 08:54 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL. Rich bums... the ones at UBC have been aggressive at times.. particularly the one that has a nice pair of jeans and designer jacket... wonder where he got those...???

It sounds like the Starbucks near Granville Island but it probably isn't since I doubt there's any parking to the right of the driveway.
Old 10-03-07, 09:00 PM
604IS350
Pole Position

Wow. It's interesting that they have that kind of motivation.
Old 10-03-07, 09:22 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

oh ahahaha
starbucks drinking bum
too funny
it should be on chappelle`s show
Old 10-03-07, 10:02 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nextourer
... It sounds like the Starbucks near Granville Island but it probably isn't since I doubt there's any parking to the right of the driveway.
sbux @ W3rd & burrard ... my shop is @ w3rd & pine
Old 10-04-07, 10:40 AM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Faymester
sbux @ W3rd & burrard ... my shop is @ w3rd & pine
The one by Rogers? (or near Rogers anyway)

Originally Posted by UberNoob
oh ahahaha
starbucks drinking bum
too funny
it should be on chappelle`s show
lol...

"it may be a shopping cart to you but to the bums, it's the Lexus of all shopping carts! Watch as he carefully parks his cart along the roadside."

hahaha
Old 10-07-07, 01:39 AM
cspec
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vancouver is tooo damn rich.
Old 10-07-07, 11:49 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cspec
Vancouver is tooo damn rich.
You know a city is wealthy when the bums can buy Starbucks coffee.
Old 10-08-07, 12:02 AM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

or you know the city is getting crowded when you have to fight over parking spaces with bums and their carts
Old 10-10-07, 07:15 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

only in vancouver ...

... do you get high beamed by a bus driver for being courteous and letting someone else into your lane.
Old 10-10-07, 10:16 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

on that: i heard (cant remember where) that the bus drivers are SUPPOSEDLY no longer permitted to cut us off when the pull away from the curb ... how this is going to be inforced i've got no clue ... but i think if you get the bus number and you want to inconveniance your self enough to phone translink you can report a crappy bus driver

i say: like anything will change, but nice phony gesture i guess
Old 10-10-07, 11:11 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

bus service is terrible nowadays...they always miss my stop by 1-2 stops...have to walk a long way away...arrrgggh!!!
Old 10-10-07, 11:23 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by woozzle
bus service is terrible nowadays...they always miss my stop by 1-2 stops...have to walk a long way away...arrrgggh!!!
this is why i drive

when i took the bus to school, i'd have to leave a good 2hrs before class (the bus stop is at the end of my street)

bus could be anywhere from 10 min early to 20min late (or not come at all) then the original bus wouldn't ever conect with the second bus ... IF everything connected properly and was on time, i would arrive 40min before class started after an hr and a bit bus ride (+ some time standing and waiting for connection between busses). and yea i had to arrive 40min b4 class cos catching the later bus meant i was 10min late for class

now i drive ... it takes me approx 10 min to drive there, and like 5 to park

and people wonder why more people dont take the bus ....................
Old 10-11-07, 08:21 AM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Faymester
on that: i heard (cant remember where) that the bus drivers are SUPPOSEDLY no longer permitted to cut us off when the pull away from the curb ... how this is going to be inforced i've got no clue ... but i think if you get the bus number and you want to inconveniance your self enough to phone translink you can report a crappy bus driver

i say: like anything will change, but nice phony gesture i guess
Don't know about that. I have no problem since I let them in anyway. I mean, they're gonna pull out at the next stop so why not give way?

Nah, I've tried. I e-mailed Translink regarding a bus changing lanes (just as I was pulling out of a curbside parking spot) and running the red light on Broadway. I sent the e-mail twice but never got a reply.

Apparently they're living in their own world where everything's perfect.

woozzle, how do they miss a stop? I mean, they have an orange light that lights up on their dashboard to indicate a stop request lol. So much for those Training Busses I suppose. I remember once in Edmonton, a bus driver was new to the route (she even told us) and missed a highway exit once and a passenger had to guide her back on route lol.
Old 10-11-07, 09:41 AM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

^^ LOL pwned haha. yeah i pulled the thing and she didn't stop so i pulled it again and she still didnt stop so i had to yell out...man just thinking about it makes me mad

Quick Reply: only in vancouver ...