Canada For events in Canada.

SPOTTED! In Vancouver...

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-09, 02:03 PM
stkiss
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scENFORCER
Go dispute that ticket, most likely he will not show or it wont stand up in court. No need to have an extra ticket like that on your record..
yup, i'm gonna dispute the whole ticket for sure! hopefully he won't show up so I don't needa pay for the speeding one as well. lol

but I heard that cops are paid to attend court these days, so higher chance that they will show up. Is that true?
Old 11-02-09, 02:03 PM
stkiss
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by iSwift
i think u spotted me - White ISF coming out from the safeway right? and i also got a ticket on halloween xD
haha yes! the one that zoomed by on the right lane. what ticket did u get??
Old 11-02-09, 02:30 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

stkiss, where did you get lasered?
Old 11-02-09, 05:00 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I love driving my stock car...no hassle from cops whatsoever
Old 11-02-09, 09:05 PM
stkiss
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Jetfire
stkiss, where did you get lasered?
Vancouver, Granville st. southbound, between 54th and 57th... cops were hiding in a church's driveway =.=
Old 11-02-09, 09:40 PM
Sean@Home
Rookie

It wont hold up in court. The police officer would have to know the stock diameter of your exhaust in order to establish that you made it larger.

The problem your going to have is you made an admission of guilt. As soon as you told him That it was modified you lost, even if you were told by another officer it was legal

Fret not though, appeal the ticket. When you get the letter for your court date in the mail call your doctor and book an appointment for the same day as the court date. Then last minute say you have an important doctors appointment and get it posponed.

The cop wont show up. Police officers have to fight tickets on there own time. They still get payed for it but it cant conflict with there actual on-duty hours. As a result they try to block a bunch of issued tickets on 1 court date so they can appear when there not on duty. When you change it last minute they most likely will have to work on the second court date.

Im 9 out of 10 tickets with this strategy. Some of the ticket were pretty bad ones aswell. And the 10th ticket i got reduced by saying i was a student and couldnt afford it... i wasn't a student =)

Good luck i hope it works out for you.

Last edited by Sean@Home; 11-02-09 at 09:44 PM.
Old 11-03-09, 12:23 AM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean@Home
It wont hold up in court. The police officer would have to know the stock diameter of your exhaust in order to establish that you made it larger.

The problem your going to have is you made an admission of guilt. As soon as you told him That it was modified you lost, even if you were told by another officer it was legal

Fret not though, appeal the ticket. When you get the letter for your court date in the mail call your doctor and book an appointment for the same day as the court date. Then last minute say you have an important doctors appointment and get it posponed.

The cop wont show up. Police officers have to fight tickets on there own time. They still get payed for it but it cant conflict with there actual on-duty hours. As a result they try to block a bunch of issued tickets on 1 court date so they can appear when there not on duty. When you change it last minute they most likely will have to work on the second court date.

Im 9 out of 10 tickets with this strategy. Some of the ticket were pretty bad ones aswell. And the 10th ticket i got reduced by saying i was a student and couldnt afford it... i wasn't a student =)

Studying CRIM at sfu and trying to become a cop myself ..+1 on all of this
Old 11-04-09, 01:33 AM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

good information everyone!!

spotted a black is300 with bodykit and brush aluminum wheels with lips. blacked out grill. interior alarm had a blue light. spotted on P1 at metrotown at 300ish.

spotted white 2is with bronze/gunmetal wheels and gfx kit turn left onto kingsway eastbound from boundary. around 2:45. had a weird miniplate below the real front plate.
Old 11-04-09, 06:45 PM
stkiss
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sean@Home

Oh, I didn't tell him that it's modified. In fact, when he told me it's too big, I just replied, "Another police said it's legal".
lol. I think I'm gonna say:
"the exhuast has not been modified, as the regulation stated."
"All I did was that I replaced my exhaust, and I haven't altered, modified, widened, nor opened the muffler outlet, I bought it like that and it came like that."
"the MVAR doesn't say that one cannot replace the exhaust."
"the MVAR doesn't specify how big is too big for an exhaust tip"
"the piping for my current exhaust is the same as the OEM one, it's just the tip that is bigger than the OEM one."

Last edited by stkiss; 11-04-09 at 06:57 PM.
Old 11-06-09, 01:13 AM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

***** me, now I just got a speeding ticket coming back from Seattle doing a whole FIVE over the speed limit! I dont even care about the fine, worst part is this is gonna really set me back from getting on the force. They want 3+ years with no tickets.
Anyone have any success disputing tickets in Washington? I know their cops dont have to show up..
Old 11-06-09, 06:26 AM
SorrGwa
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

where did you get caught?

i got one just over the weekend on holloween just outside of chuckanut drive, going towards seattle. same thing 5+. from a female cop, for whatcom county.

Originally Posted by scENFORCER
***** me, now I just got a speeding ticket coming back from Seattle doing a whole FIVE over the speed limit! I dont even care about the fine, worst part is this is gonna really set me back from getting on the force. They want 3+ years with no tickets.
Anyone have any success disputing tickets in Washington? I know their cops dont have to show up..
Old 11-06-09, 09:51 AM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

another reason for me not to mod my car
lol

right now i have a whole stack of reasons
mod: 3 not mod: 8

looks like not modding is winning right now.

btw spotted silver IS350 with nice wheels and blacked out roof (and exhaust as well)
this morning on hwy 91
Old 11-06-09, 11:20 AM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

^ lol ... you're so funny

totally not a 'spotted' but I have to share that I am currently getting BETTER fuel economy than my Rover is rated for
Old 11-06-09, 09:23 PM
narfy
Lead Lap

i spotted "tamago" at parker place in richmond today... i was parked next to an IS250c...
Old 11-06-09, 11:01 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

spotted a tan SC400 with the plates SC400 on westminister hwy, turned left onto no 3 rd around 4:45pm

was that you kaydee?

Quick Reply: SPOTTED! In Vancouver...