Canada For events in Canada.

SPOTTED! In Vancouver...

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-10, 12:37 PM
J250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by s300ae
also, cop warned me about my wheels. he said they are too bright and cause a distraction to other drivers.

lol.... it wasn't in richmond was it...?
Old 04-20-10, 07:27 PM
s300ae
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Muggy
lol.... it wasn't in richmond was it...?
nope it was in vancouver. he was doing traffic control during a festival on 41st.
i thought i would get away with a warning because he looked busy. but no, he made me pull over right into the parade street. i had a scottish pipe band pass me as he was writing me a ticket. he also made me pull my front windows to see if they were tinted. luckily i never ended up doing them. he was out to get me. im going to dispute the ticket, hopefully he doesnt show up. if he does, ill ask for lesser fine and bring up the fact that it could be "driver profiling" ie: young white guy driving a sports car. when i left, i had to follow the pipe band for a whole block because there was no where to turn off. everyone was starring and made the whole experience that much more interesting. this makes it my 8th ticket in 3 years.
Old 04-20-10, 07:29 PM
s300ae
Driver

Originally Posted by UberNoob
+1

btw im seeing less spinners on the road lately
hopefully it goes away for good
not me. there are tons of them in surrey still. although they do not spin as much. most of them are stuck on the escalades so as they drive by it looks like they are gliding with the wheels locked.
pretty ballin
Old 04-22-10, 04:46 AM
willk87
Driver School Candidate

Wink 32k service

Hey guys,

I think my next service which is at 32k kms is a major service...
Do you think it's best to get it serviced at the dealer or is there a good shop that could get it done just as well?
Recommendations would be much appreciated.
Also, any good shops for tints??

Thanks guys.
Old 04-22-10, 08:33 AM
AK-47
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by willk87
Hey guys,

I think my next service which is at 32k kms is a major service...
Do you think it's best to get it serviced at the dealer or is there a good shop that could get it done just as well?
Recommendations would be much appreciated.
Also, any good shops for tints??

Thanks guys.
I did my at the dealer, until my warrenty ends, then I would go get serviced done else where.

as for tints, there's a shop behind richmond TNT thats pretty good, that where I got my done. alot of place do tints, after few years, it turns purple, thats something you don't want.
Old 04-22-10, 02:29 PM
k4fu
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AK-47
I did my at the dealer, until my warrenty ends, then I would go get serviced done else where.

as for tints, there's a shop behind richmond TNT thats pretty good, that where I got my done. alot of place do tints, after few years, it turns purple, thats something you don't want.
how much was it?

Originally Posted by s300ae
nope it was in vancouver. he was doing traffic control during a festival on 41st.
i thought i would get away with a warning because he looked busy. but no, he made me pull over right into the parade street. i had a scottish pipe band pass me as he was writing me a ticket. he also made me pull my front windows to see if they were tinted. luckily i never ended up doing them. he was out to get me. im going to dispute the ticket, hopefully he doesnt show up. if he does, ill ask for lesser fine and bring up the fact that it could be "driver profiling" ie: young white guy driving a sports car. when i left, i had to follow the pipe band for a whole block because there was no where to turn off. everyone was starring and made the whole experience that much more interesting. this makes it my 8th ticket in 3 years.
and s300 dude, when i had my 325, i got tailed and then pulled over by the cops RIGHT in front of aberdeen mall ex-starbucks entrance lol. he got out and then told me that my license plate frame was blocking the insurance date sticker. i was like WTF i never had a cop tell me that before. and then he walked the the front of my car and made me turn on all my headlights and turn signals, and made me roll up my windows as well. after all that, he came back and said "you have white side reflectors, they're supposed to be amber". i told him "but this is how i got my car, it came like this (my bro used to drive it lol), i don't know what you're talking about", and asked him to show me. and then he said "you'll know when you get home." ANOTHER first for not having amber reflectors, although it IS illegal. got a ticket for not properly displaying the insurance date sticker and for not having amber reflectors. i've passed by cops before, and had ones that stopped behind me, beside me, and never got a problem. shows to you that when a cop IS ****, he can fck you up the **** HARDD.

oh yeah, i don't see how your wheels are anymore "distractive" than the colors of exotic cars, or bright colored cars, as said by fellow members. just dispute it, i always dispute my tickets, though i've only had 4 in the past 5 years hahaa.

Last edited by k4fu; 04-22-10 at 02:35 PM.
Old 04-22-10, 04:33 PM
AK-47
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by shuturmout
how much was it?

and s300 dude, when i had my 325, i got tailed and then pulled over by the cops RIGHT in front of aberdeen mall ex-starbucks entrance lol. he got out and then told me that my license plate frame was blocking the insurance date sticker. i was like WTF i never had a cop tell me that before. and then he walked the the front of my car and made me turn on all my headlights and turn signals, and made me roll up my windows as well. after all that, he came back and said "you have white side reflectors, they're supposed to be amber". i told him "but this is how i got my car, it came like this (my bro used to drive it lol), i don't know what you're talking about", and asked him to show me. and then he said "you'll know when you get home." ANOTHER first for not having amber reflectors, although it IS illegal. got a ticket for not properly displaying the insurance date sticker and for not having amber reflectors. i've passed by cops before, and had ones that stopped behind me, beside me, and never got a problem. shows to you that when a cop IS ****, he can fck you up the **** HARDD.

oh yeah, i don't see how your wheels are anymore "distractive" than the colors of exotic cars, or bright colored cars, as said by fellow members. just dispute it, i always dispute my tickets, though i've only had 4 in the past 5 years hahaa.
Tints was $160 cash, for 5 windows.

LOL, last summer, my friend also got his license plate frame was blocking the insurance date sticker, he got pull over buy pigs too, but they let him go and said change the frame, next time won't be so lucky.
Old 04-22-10, 06:32 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm gonna need tint too, but how much more is it for them to take the old fading tint off..?
Old 04-22-10, 06:32 PM
s300ae
Driver

Originally Posted by shuturmout
how much was it?

he was stressing the point that they spin and can cause distraction. i do get a lot of stares from people as i pass by. i painted them a GM Teal colour, so they do stand out of the norm. Im putting my summer wheels on today, so i guess no more distractions until next winter season. im planning on disputing the ticket for sure.
Old 04-22-10, 08:28 PM
Solo_D33A
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scENFORCER
I'm gonna need tint too, but how much more is it for them to take the old fading tint off..?
I took my front tints and my friend's side rear tints recently, surprisingly, I did a much better job than the DAS did when they re-tinted my fronts about a year ago...
I haven't tried taking the rear window with defroster though, as any tint shop will say removing the rear with defroster may scratch them thus they don't work... but it's because they use a razor blade that may cut the lines, using a metal sponge (I just can't seem to remember the name ) wouldn't have this problem...
Old 04-22-10, 11:24 PM
AK-47
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by scENFORCER
They said they would charge their customers who tint from them $15 per window, I dunno about others.
Old 04-23-10, 12:36 AM
k4fu
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AK-47
Tints was $160 cash, for 5 windows.

LOL, last summer, my friend also got his license plate frame was blocking the insurance date sticker, he got pull over buy pigs too, but they let him go and said change the frame, next time won't be so lucky.
how are your tints holding up? any discolouring? alex from speedsyndicate (ex-advance) quoted me $220 for 5 windows. nmotion's quote is $250 or something. i'm trying to find the best deal and quality for tints
Old 04-23-10, 12:56 AM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Anybody have a recommendation of a good, reasonably-priced mobile detailer that services Surrey?
Old 04-23-10, 01:14 AM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IceIridium
Anybody have a recommendation of a good, reasonably-priced mobile detailer that services Surrey?
Unique Auto Detailing. Based outta the north shore but I think they'll do Surrey. They did an AMAZING job on my SC in the parking lot while I was at work
604-780-7008
Old 04-23-10, 10:05 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

spotted NU350 near Slocan & E. 29th between 5:30 - 6:00 pm (i think?) last night. you waved, but i didn't get a chance to wave back as i saw you at the last minute.

Quick Reply: SPOTTED! In Vancouver...