Canada For events in Canada.

SPOTTED! In Vancouver...

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-08, 01:02 AM
stkiss
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

spotted a silver 2IS on west mall UBC today. right outside Swing building. member here? i should have handed him a card. LOL
Old 11-27-08, 11:57 AM
ivanz
Lead Lap

Saw a black Toyota Soarer going up to SFU today at 945am or so.
Old 11-27-08, 01:26 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ivanz
Saw a black Toyota Soarer going up to SFU today at 945am or so.
I was heading up at that time, maybe me? I'm a black sc400 though..
Old 11-27-08, 01:27 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Finally saw 'Thizzle' this morning on 10th. He's got a pretty sick Soarer..
Old 11-27-08, 04:43 PM
ivanz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by scENFORCER
I was heading up at that time, maybe me? I'm a black sc400 though..
Hmm, on the back it had a Toyota Logo and Soarer right below the logo....it was an SC though (not sure of gen).
Also saw a white 2IS at ~1:20PM at the guest parking lot beside Cornerstone leaving.
Old 11-29-08, 05:37 PM
stkiss
Lead Lap

spotted a parked (GSM?) 2IS w/ HKS exhaust yesterday in that Cambie & No.5 plaza (don't know the name) in richmond.

off topic: what's going on w/ richmond these days?? so many police cruisers driving around! also I heard there was a huge @$$ road block yesterday night, right at the exit of Oak bridge, outside Husky. numerous of cars got ticketed, even for modded parts like big exhausts.
Old 11-29-08, 06:36 PM
SorrGwa
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

from what i heard, its the new phase of new recruites, and richmond is the training grounds
Old 11-30-08, 01:21 AM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

saw either a tan/silver/white SC400 with exhaust on W. Broadway near the UBC side...and I thought I had the nicest sounding SC around here
Old 12-01-08, 11:57 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by stkiss
spotted a parked (GSM?) 2IS w/ HKS exhaust yesterday in that Cambie & No.5 plaza (don't know the name) in richmond.

off topic: what's going on w/ richmond these days?? so many police cruisers driving around! also I heard there was a huge @$$ road block yesterday night, right at the exit of Oak bridge, outside Husky. numerous of cars got ticketed, even for modded parts like big exhausts.
yeah, that's why when i had my modded TL, i wouldn't drive it to rmd unless absolutely necessary. you can hit a rcmp road block and get nailed for the smallest infraction.
Old 12-03-08, 12:06 AM
stkiss
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SorrGwa
from what i heard, its the new phase of new recruites, and richmond is the training grounds
no wonder..thanks for the info bro

Originally Posted by Stormforge
yeah, that's why when i had my modded TL, i wouldn't drive it to rmd unless absolutely necessary. you can hit a rcmp road block and get nailed for the smallest infraction.
***** man. i almost go there every day. Do you know where are the most often road block locations? I will try to avoid these areas when i go to rmd
Old 12-03-08, 02:53 AM
Solo_D33A
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A list of my observations in Richmond for the past years I've been driving here, I know there's more and some are gone, but it's what I've encountered....

No.2 road bridge, late night, often, especially by the weekends.

Russ Baker way, whenever, often, like to hide along that road by the runway and BCIT place, both sides, for speeders.

Arthur Lang bridge, day, sometimes, under the overpass before Arthur Lang bridge, northbound, they also do it in rush hour to catch people using the HOV lane.

Hazelbridge, night, sometimes, by Aberdeen centre they like to roadblock there.

Cambie road, day, haven't seen them for some time while I'm here though, by the middle of The Oaks town house area for speeders, both sides.

Kwantlen road and Alexandra, night, often, there's usually cops around as the Pho restaurant is open late and most people go to that area at night.

No. 4 road, whenever, seldom, by the Army centre, it was a known hide out for them.

River road, day, don't know if they do it anymore, but they catch people don't full stop for the 4 way stop by Cambie road.

River road, night, seldom, less in pass few years I've seen, but it's still a good spot for them to hide as there's not much light and people usually go over limit...

91 Highway, day time, random, radar gunning, last I've seen is by Knight st turn off for east bound and Cambie turn off for west bound...

Granville ave, night, J.N. Burnette highschool's parking lot (Granville and Railway) cops like to hide in the school parking lot.
Old 12-03-08, 04:56 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by stkiss
no wonder..thanks for the info bro

***** man. i almost go there every day. Do you know where are the most often road block locations? I will try to avoid these areas when i go to rmd

day time is usually ok. but once night falls, watch out! hard to say where they will show up, but they like to set it up where there's no other "escape" route to avoid the road block. just make sure when you drive in rmd, that you have side roads you can deek into to avoid the cops
Old 12-03-08, 05:11 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

So what Solo D33A is saying is: There are cops in Richmond and that going there is asking for it
Old 12-03-08, 07:13 PM
JDMes
Pole Position

spotted a sick blue celsior going down royal ave towards plutello bridge. Had rims, lowered, SUPER CLEAN.
Old 12-03-08, 09:53 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by Faymester
So what Solo D33A is saying is: There are cops in Richmond and that going there is asking for it
you don't like going to rmd for some chinese food?

Quick Reply: SPOTTED! In Vancouver...