Canada For events in Canada.

where does vancouver wash their lexi?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-07, 11:07 AM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where does vancouver wash their lexi?

so, if any of you have seen me around ... my car is kinda this grey shade ... i think it might need a wash ... especially since my car is supposed to be white!

so the question is: when you don't wash it your self, where do you take it? i'm talking JUST a wash, the rest i can do myself in my garage
Old 10-17-07, 01:11 PM
legomaniac
Pole Position

after winter (or when i have a lot of buildup i'm afraid to touch) i run it through a touchless wash... mostly the esso(?) at marine dr and main or the husky outside costco in richmond
Old 10-17-07, 01:19 PM
MLee
Pole Position

Originally Posted by legomaniac
after winter (or when i have a lot of buildup i'm afraid to touch) i run it through a touchless wash... mostly the esso(?) at marine dr and main or the husky outside costco in richmond
+1 on touchless car wash but I don't think i've taken my car to one yet.. haha, always wash it myself..
Old 10-17-07, 02:27 PM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

we all go to ubernoob's carpark wash!

... or just wait for this saturday. the forecast says it will be a dry day... maybe our last

[EDIT] damn... the weather forecast changed for saturday... i say throw some soap on it and leave it outside. it's raining so hard right now it can rinse itself

Last edited by Benjamin T; 10-18-07 at 07:15 AM.
Old 10-17-07, 03:49 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

hahaha
sure
i havent washed my car for a month and it is so dirty, ive been too busy
good thing the colour is silver so it doesnt show as much as white or black cars...

anyone that wants to wash their cars at my place just give me a call or PM
the carpark is a bit dark though, only 2 flourescent lights in that area so bringing ur own tripod work lights helps
Old 10-17-07, 04:41 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

ssooo ... my car hasnt been washed since ... aauuggust?

i think i might need something a little better than touchless ...

keep the suggestions come tho
Old 10-17-07, 05:07 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

i can "get" soem polishing stuff from work that will make dirt and water and stuff drips down. awesome stuff!!! all i do is polish it every half a year or so and power wash it every now and then to make it look brand new
Old 10-17-07, 05:14 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well if it's not touchless, then you gotta wash it yourself, right? I wouldn't take mine to those with brushes since there is a chance that there's crud stuck to it that may scratch your paint and the other option is charity car washes lol.

I'd say find a friend who has an underground carpark (e.g. an apt/condo) and take a few hours off and give your IS a good scrubbing .
Old 10-17-07, 05:45 PM
cspec
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car is too low to go to any carwash.
Old 10-17-07, 06:01 PM
LEXpert
Pole Position

Will you melt if you get wet?
It sucks, but just get wet and do it
Old 10-18-07, 07:16 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

isn't this sad... i start work so early and get home so late it's always dark so i don't actually know how dirty my car is because i can't see it
Old 10-18-07, 11:06 AM
legomaniac
Pole Position

if not touchless then it's the good ol' elbow grease is the only other option... use 2 buckets, one w/ soap and one w/ clear water to rinse the sponge... rinse the sponge/mitt often if car is really dirty... then yeah, if you haven't waxed/sealed ur car in awhile, do that and it'll make future dirt a little easier to clean
Old 10-19-07, 12:17 AM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

maybe i can throw some soap on it and put it outside over nite?
Old 10-19-07, 01:02 AM
Solo_D33A
Lexus Champion

Not a good idea to throw soap and leave, it may eat into paint... I think... well, the soap will dry itself overnight and create spots.

Basically try the touchlesses, use the most expensive ones, I used to go to chevron @ No.5 & Steveston in Richmond, or Washworld @ No.4 and Steveston, I think washworld's better but it's hella expensive especially when the chevron is like 8 something? if you buy gas also, but if it's late night and cold, I'd go to washworld, it's 24/7.

There's that washing place at Garden City and Alderbridge, it's cheaper, as you insert coins and gives you like 2 minutes, but you have to use it like a power washer, which you do the work yourself and have to be fast....

If it fails to clean your car the first time after you've left it for so long without a wash, you'll have to go home and wash again with manual labor. And if it fails still, go to Unique detailing, Richmond Auto Spa or Downtown Auto Spa.

I used to wash mine every week, just touchless gives me a very good clean, only that it's best to go home and dry the car with microfiber towels if it's clean enough, or Miguires gold class water magnet or just those yellow towels in a tube from Can.tire or Lordco is good.
Old 10-19-07, 12:47 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Saw this thread a while back, figured I'd share. I'm probably going to go here to do mine..
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=308941

My SC is also really dirty ...and its black too! I was afraid to spend any money on washing/waxing for the fall and winter. But if you do, it actually keeps it clean and protected, right?

Quick Reply: where does vancouver wash their lexi?