Canada For events in Canada.

Advice on Lexus dealer in Vancouver

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-08, 03:43 PM
pc69
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think the IS-F is not selling well in US. Friend of mine told me at one point there were 6 IS-F sitting on a showroom in one of the Lexus dealership in Seattle. Frankly many ppl will buy a C63 AMG instead of an IS-F but I just don't want to own another euro car.

I went to Richmond Lexus today and saw 2 IS-F. The blue one is sold but the silver is available but I didn't bother to deal with them. They only sell cars @ sticker. I think the 2009 is coming out in 1-2 months and I'm sure they're more willing to drop their 2008 IS-F.
Old 09-01-08, 07:55 PM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pc69
I did consider getting IS-F from US but the saving is not that much. I think it's not difficult to get one @ 57k usd. With duty + exchange rate + fee, it comes to around 64k. So the saving is like around 4k. Also I have a car to trade in and this can reduce the total PST/GST.
but... the car advertised above is here in BC.
Old 09-01-08, 08:02 PM
pc69
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Benjamin T
but... the car advertised above is here in BC.
It's used car with 15000km. I can import a brand new loaded IS-F from US for the same amount.
Old 09-02-08, 07:44 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

my bad. i thought it said 1500kms
Old 09-04-08, 11:54 PM
My 1st SUV
Driver School Candidate

Default My experiences

I was initially looking at the GS AWD and couldn't get any of the local dealers to drop the price by any sizeable amount, aside from advertised cash incentives. They don't keep very much inventory and will make it in Japan when you order and you wait two months for it. I didn't want to pay $17K more for the AWD and the sport in the GS as compared to the ES. I could get all the other bells and whistles in the ES.

In the end I got the ES from JP Lexus at the end of July. They were the most hungry. Regency Lexus was willing to give some discount. Richmond didn't budge at all. I assume Port Moody is the same as both are owned by the same person. I spoke to all three sales managers on the pricing.

The dealers in Washington State can't sell you a new Lexus, unless you get an American friend you trust to buy it for you. Otherwise you buy a used one (minimum 6 mos) from a dealership or an auction and import it.

You can get a used GS (under 10K km) from the States for about $15K less (all in) than a new one in Canada. But if you are looking for a particular colour and AWD, you may be waiting for a long time. I imagine the IS F has similar issues. Don't forget the taxes are 5% GST, 6% duty tax and 10% PST (for cars >$55K).

In spite of the massive drop in car sales in Canada and the US, Toyota and Lexus Canada both managed to increase August sales from the prior year. That is probably why they will not need to offer too many discounts.

Good luck.
Old 09-05-08, 12:01 AM
My 1st SUV
Driver School Candidate

Default Regency

Don't get me wrong about Regency. They have a great service dept and I take my wife's SUV there twice a year. I always get a loaner, like an IS250 for the day. Last time a rear bulb burnt out, they replaced it in 5 minutes when I dropped in unannounced and they didn't even charge me!
Old 09-05-08, 03:09 PM
Nodnarb
Driver School Candidate

I've heard Regency is good as well. I had a bad taste in my mouth from Regency Toyota and a friend of mine knows the sales manager at JP on the North Shore so I bought mine from there. I dealt with Cody and he's a solid salesman. Not full of BS like most car salespeople are.

Regency on the other hand has given an acquaintance of mine concert tix etc. long after he purchased his IS350 as a sign of good faith. He's also pretty loaded so it's probably in the hopes he returns when he's ready for a new one. Not sure if everyone gets that treatment from Regency but I haven't received any surprise goodies from JP.
Old 09-05-08, 07:35 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by My 1st SUV
The dealers in Washington State can't sell you a new Lexus, unless you get an American friend you trust to buy it for you. Otherwise you buy a used one (minimum 6 mos) from a dealership or an auction and import it.
True, US Lexus dealers can't sell to you directly. Besides getting an American friend or family member, another alternative is to get a reputable US auto broker to help you buy the car (more on that below).

You can get a used GS (under 10K km) from the States for about $15K less (all in) than a new one in Canada. But if you are looking for a particular colour and AWD, you may be waiting for a long time.
True, but not necessarily. Again if you have a reputable US auto broker, they can search available cars that have the options you want, unless the option you want is very rare. For example, AWD should not be a problem unless you want it in a specific colour. I'll give you an example: I wanted a silver GS450h with active power stabilizer suspension system (this option is rare). My US broker told me that there are three silver GS450h available (all of them 2008 model, brand new), but none came with this option. If I wanted to, I could have imported one right away. But if I wanted a GS with this suspension option, it would have to be a factory order (I opted for the factory order).
Old 09-05-08, 07:39 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Don't get me wrong about Regency. They have a great service dept and I take my wife's SUV there twice a year. I always get a loaner, like an IS250 for the day. Last time a rear bulb burnt out, they replaced it in 5 minutes when I dropped in unannounced and they didn't even charge me!
Loaners are always available if you buy from a Canadian Lexus dealer. If you had imported your Lexus from the US, you will not receive a loaner.