Canada For events in Canada.

Advice on Lexus dealer in Vancouver

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-08, 09:51 PM
pc69
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Looking to purchase IS-F. Need advice on Lexus dealer in Vancouver

I'm looking to purchase a brand new Lexus IS-F next month and I would like to know which dealership is easier to deal with. Friend of mine told me most dealers will only sell car @ sticker price. So what's your experience? Do you think I can pick a 2008 IS-F below sticker price.

Last edited by pc69; 08-30-08 at 11:55 PM.
Old 08-31-08, 01:14 AM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I've been hearing nothing but good things from regency lexus...so my best bet would be to go there. Talk to Amy Wu, we bought like 3 cars from her back when she works at burrard acura...she gives out crazy deals, not sure about now
Old 08-31-08, 01:16 AM
604IS350
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It depends. Originally, all the ISF's were all pre-sold when I went to my sales at Richmond Lexus. Correct me if I am wrong, this would mean maybe there isn't any room for bargaining.

Or take the time to go to every dealer and see which one gives the best deals.
Old 08-31-08, 08:00 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

i was at richmond lexus a few days ago to pick up parts to fix my car, and they had a demo is-f in the front lot, and a new one inside the showroom. i didn't see a sold sticker on the showroom one.

you could try frank rodriguez at northshore lexus. he is the one my mom bought her car from. he called me a few weeks back to say hi, and he mentioned that he had an is-f in stock if i wanted to come and take it out for a spin, but because of my medical problems i couldn't take him up on his offer

there is another guy i used to deal with. his name is ollie... he used to work for docksteader subaru back when i used to be into wrx's back in the day, but he's now moved to open road lexus in pt. moody. he was a great salesperson when he was at subaru, and was always able to work out a good deal (within reason of course), so maybe he will be the same at lexus?

Last edited by Benjamin T; 09-01-08 at 11:55 AM.
Old 08-31-08, 10:49 AM
legomaniac
Pole Position

i bought my IS from richmond lexus from Ed Sit(?) and his service was great, super nice guy, soft-spoken, not like ur stereotypical car sales

but agreed w/ others, i don't think ur going to get much of a deal on the F
Old 08-31-08, 11:54 AM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

we really should have a pole for which dealer people like, this question seems to get asked a lot
Old 08-31-08, 12:35 PM
604IS350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Benjamin T
i was at richmond lexus a few days ago, and they had a demo is-f in the front lot, and a new one inside the showroom. i didn't see a sold sticker on the showroom one.

you could try frank rodriguez at northshore lexus. he is the one my mom bought her car from. he called me a few weeks back to say hi, and he mentioned that he had an is-f in stock if i wanted to come and take it out for a spin, but because of my medical problems i couldn't take him up on his offer

there is another guy i used to deal with. his name is ollie... he used to work for docksteader subaru back when i used to be into wrx's back in the day, but he's now moved to open road lexus in pt. moody. he was a great salesperson when he was at subaru, and was always able to work out a good deal (within reason of course), so maybe he will be the same at lexus?
Sorry I know this is a little off topic but best wish for you Benjamin. Hope you get better soon!
Old 08-31-08, 01:27 PM
SGMIS3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Benjamin T
i was at richmond lexus a few days ago, and they had a demo is-f in the front lot, and a new one inside the showroom. i didn't see a sold sticker on the showroom one.

yes ollie is a great guy, my mom and bro bought cars from him when he still worked at subaru.
Old 08-31-08, 03:07 PM
pc69
Driver School Candidate

I spoke to Oliie few weeks ago about an IS-F he had and I'm not impressed. Ask him about the car and he did not know anything it. When I called to arrange to see the car, he said the car was in storage and didn't call me back. Definitely not someone I want to deal with on a 60+ car.
Old 08-31-08, 09:58 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by legomaniac
i bought my IS from richmond lexus from Ed Sit(?) and his service was great, super nice guy, soft-spoken, not like ur stereotypical car sales

but agreed w/ others, i don't think ur going to get much of a deal on the F
Yup, Ed is a nice guy. But to answer the OP's original question, Lexus (at least Richmond Lexus) will not negotiate a lower price. The best they can do for you would be maybe $500 off sticker price. The problem (for those who's looking for a deal) is that there are a lot of customers pre-ordering and buying at near sticker price. As long as people are willing to pay sticker price, there is no incentive for them to sell at lower cost. For example, Ed showed me the list of RX350 that are coming in, all but two are already pre-sold.

And don't even think about using CarCost or any other similar dealer invoice price list to negotiate a deal - I tried and gotten rejected by Ed (he says he can't do it - no and, if or buts).
Old 09-01-08, 11:56 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 604IS350
Sorry I know this is a little off topic but best wish for you Benjamin. Hope you get better soon!
thanks... i appreciate the concern
Old 09-01-08, 11:58 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by pc69
I spoke to Oliie few weeks ago about an IS-F he had and I'm not impressed. Ask him about the car and he did not know anything it. When I called to arrange to see the car, he said the car was in storage and didn't call me back. Definitely not someone I want to deal with on a 60+ car.

ugh i'm sorry to hear that. i guess he's changed now that he's selling higher end lexuses rather than cheaper subes. no more vouches from me
Old 09-01-08, 12:00 PM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

would you consider a US import? i'm not sure what they are worth new in canada though so i don't know if this is a good deal or not...

http://www.westportmotorcars.com/inv...4&category=Car

or maybe just wait until the hype is over?
Old 09-01-08, 03:24 PM
pc69
Driver School Candidate

I did consider getting IS-F from US but the saving is not that much. I think it's not difficult to get one @ 57k usd. With duty + exchange rate + fee, it comes to around 64k. So the saving is like around 4k. Also I have a car to trade in and this can reduce the total PST/GST.
Old 09-01-08, 03:33 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Last time I was in JP Lexus on the Northshore, they has two of them on the floor. That was four weeks ago, and they were there for a while. I don't think they're moving that well, so they might be primed for negotiating a good price. Best time to buy as always is at the end of the month. That's when the sales department are getting pressured by the finance guys to move stock to ease the pressure on their bank's line of credit for used cars and Toyota's financing arrangement grace periods for new cars. I always buy at the end of the month; it's worth a couple of thousands, imho.

Quick Reply: Advice on Lexus dealer in Vancouver