Canada For events in Canada.

Servicing an Imported IS250 at a Canadian Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-08, 09:31 AM
chad2
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servicing an Imported IS250 at a Canadian Dealer

I just imported a 2008 IS250 AWD with 3,000 Miles from the States to Ottawa, Ontario, and I am wondering if anyone had any issues (or maybe attitude) while servicing their imported car at a Canadian Dealer. My 5,000 Miles service is coming up in a couple of month, and that should be a complimentary service for my US car, but I am not sure if the Canadian Dealer will honor that - Lexus USA told me to call them for a service code when am ready to do that service.

Is the 5,000 Miles (or 8,000 km) service complimentary on Canadian IS250s?

Also, what are the service intervals on the Canadian IS250s? every 8,000 KM?

I am taking my car to the Dealer in a couple of days to get an Ontario Safety Inspection on it in order to get it registered in Ontario (yeah Safety on a 3-month old car with 3,000 Miles!!!!); so am hoping they should be happy with my $106+tax donation to check out my almost-brand-new car...
Attached Thumbnails Servicing an Imported IS250 at a Canadian Dealer-front-side.jpg  
Old 09-22-08, 02:46 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

i'm fairly sure Lexus Canada doesn't do any free service
Old 09-22-08, 07:35 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Tell them you moved here from the States recently, although I'm sure they've heard that one. The 5,000 mile service is just an oil change, fluid top-ups & minor inspections (air filter, etc...), and the intervals are the same here as the USA (5K/8K). It takes an hour to do, and normally would cost less than $150. If they refuse to do it, call Lexus to have them authorize it. Since you bought a "used" one, it does not contravene Lexus' embargo on new car sales to Canadians, so they should be willing to accommodate you. It is in their best interests after all over the long term.
Old 09-22-08, 09:22 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Lexus Canada should honor the complimentary oil change. If the warranty transfers over from the US to Canada, the free oil change should too. If they don't, I would put up a big stink. The freebie that you won't get is a free loaner car (it's been documented on past CL posts).
Old 09-23-08, 04:42 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lol. I paid the same safety inspection fee for a car with 800kms and 2 weeks old! (Shipped from BC)
Old 09-24-08, 01:14 PM
06-IS250
Pole Position

i get free loaner cars...i just tell them i want one, and they book me in for a day that they have cars, and i get a car..even for like the 2 hour service.
Old 09-24-08, 07:23 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by 06-IS250
i get free loaner cars...i just tell them i want one, and they book me in for a day that they have cars, and i get a car..even for like the 2 hour service.
Did you buy your car in Canada or the US? If you bought your car in Canada, of course you will get a free loaner car. It's the opposite if you buy your car in the US for service in Canada - you will be denied a loaner car.
Old 09-24-08, 09:07 PM
06-IS250
Pole Position

oh ok, i read it wrong.

neverrrrmind.
Old 09-29-08, 02:08 PM
twofiddy
Rookie

Hey chad2, check your Private Messages
Old 09-30-08, 06:28 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Stormforge
Did you buy your car in Canada or the US? If you bought your car in Canada, of course you will get a free loaner car. It's the opposite if you buy your car in the US for service in Canada - you will be denied a loaner car.
also advise caution when going to regency lexus with a US purchased vehicle... they don't like US imports that much according to someone else on an RX forum who brought in his 350 for service
Old 09-30-08, 09:03 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by Benjamin T
also advise caution when going to regency lexus with a US purchased vehicle... they don't like US imports that much according to someone else on an RX forum who brought in his 350 for service
Thx for the heads up, I will avoid regency like the plague. Which dealership is the most "friendly" when it comes to US purchased vehicle?
Old 09-30-08, 10:32 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

i tried to find the original post but i couldn't find it. all i recall was that it was an 07 rx350 that he bought in washington state, and that once he gave his VIN number, they knew it was a US car and the service advisor's attitude changed for the negative. he didn't get a service loaner either and had to wait. i don't know where he goes now..
Old 09-30-08, 10:39 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

all i can suggest is calling each dealership up on the phone and ask them up front if they have any issues servicing a US-purchased vehicle, and if the answer is not positive, keep moving through the list until you do find one that dosen't mind.

for example, again here in BC, MCL is the lower mainland dealer for porsche. they are nortorious for their treatment of owners with US-purchased porsches coming in for work. however, on vancouver isl., it's speedway motors who is authorized porsche there, and they have no problems at all.
Old 09-30-08, 09:15 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by Benjamin T
all i can suggest is calling each dealership up on the phone and ask them up front if they have any issues servicing a US-purchased vehicle, and if the answer is not positive, keep moving through the list until you do find one that dosen't mind.

for example, again here in BC, MCL is the lower mainland dealer for porsche. they are nortorious for their treatment of owners with US-purchased porsches coming in for work. however, on vancouver isl., it's speedway motors who is authorized porsche there, and they have no problems at all.
there are only so many lexus dealers in the lower mainland. i would not consider vancouver island for service, doesn't make sense. if all the dealers give negative attitude, who can you go to?
Old 09-30-08, 09:17 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

why exactly do they give you negative attitude?

Quick Reply: Servicing an Imported IS250 at a Canadian Dealer