Canada For events in Canada.

In order for us to have our PNW section we must:

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-08, 06:43 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In order for us to have our PNW section we must:

apparently come up with a club purpose or at least what we are about.

DaveGS4 said the following via PM: (hope you don't mind my quoting you Dave)

Some of the folks asked about it a few months ago and never could really come to consensus about what they wanted the group to be about / purpose, etc. To create a new club forum we need to make sure there is a common interest and decent number of members who will keep it active.

I think what ended up last time was the creation of EAS the few guys who were interested.

What I'd suggest is starting a similar thread maybe after you talk to a few folks to first come up with a proposed purpose for the club (beyond simply crossing region boundaries).

So, on that note, lets hear some 'what we are about' stuff.

I think we're about bringing together the PNW since there doesn't seem to be much of a 'sense of community' if you will. Just us in Vancouver have come a long way in the last two (or so) years & I have hopes that the PNW could all become that close.

I think to achieve this we could have more big PNW meets. Since a lot of us seem to travel acoss the border fairly frequently it would be cool to be able to chat & connect more with the people in the other parts of the PNW.

That's what I have about it right at this moment, but I need you guys to chime in too (that way I can send this thread back to the mods showing how much we all want this and why)

.........aaannd - - - - - - GO!
Old 11-21-08, 08:06 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

~Make friends and have fun.
~Group Activities
~Help each other out in any way we can, by trade, knowledge, expertise or simply by kindness.
~Once we are established… encourage new enthusiasts and share our experiences.

Also, eliminate the amount of forum browsing and cross posting. We have decided that it is better to consolidate and make it easier on the members and users.
Old 11-23-08, 01:53 AM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Seriously guys? If no one wants to talk about why we should have our own PNW section I'm not going to push for it & the idea can die on the table like so many similar ones before this.

edit: even if you're going to second what some1 else has already said, do that.

Last edited by Faymester; 11-23-08 at 02:00 AM.
Old 11-23-08, 02:41 AM
Zanorath
Pole Position

The problem with getting activity in a post like this is that it never shows up on the top as an active thread because all the posts are redirected. So in the Pacific section we see a post with one comment, I was just bored and clicked it, but typically I'd only participate in an active thread. I say we just haze the north Californians until the Pacific forum is our own :P
Old 11-23-08, 02:42 AM
Zanorath
Pole Position

P.S.
Updated the WA meets CA thread with my pics
Old 11-23-08, 09:50 AM
gdot
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IS3_FTW
~Make friends and have fun.
~Group Activities
~Help each other out in any way we can, by trade, knowledge, expertise or simply by kindness.
~Once we are established… encourage new enthusiasts and share our experiences.

Also, eliminate the amount of forum browsing and cross posting. We have decided that it is better to consolidate and make it easier on the members and users.
This sounds good to me.
Old 11-23-08, 10:14 AM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Faymester
Seriously guys? If no one wants to talk about why we should have our own PNW section I'm not going to push for it & the idea can die on the table like so many similar ones before this.

edit: even if you're going to second what some1 else has already said, do that.
I dont want be a downer But this is my .02 cents

The thing about is, that its really pre mature to vote for PNW CL. Just like when EAS tried before. According to Dave's PM.

Im not saying that I dont want a personal region for the PNW. Im just saying, we need to try harder to get more established.

My opinion: We need to do more meets/activities between BC/WA. Once we get the activities/meets going. Im sure more will voice there opinions. But right now, its hard to get peeps opinions if they dont know what to say.

Another opinion of mine, is to bump this up everyday, along with the other thread thats posted in the Pacific. And get peeps attention that we are serious about it. The more seriousness we are, the more likely we will get what we ask for. But until then, I think its pre mature.
Old 11-23-08, 11:23 AM
audi2nr
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by IS3_FTW
I dont want be a downer But this is my .02 cents

The thing about is, that its really pre mature to vote for PNW CL. Just like when EAS tried before. According to Dave's PM.

Im not saying that I dont want a personal region for the PNW. Im just saying, we need to try harder to get more established.

My opinion: We need to do more meets/activities between BC/WA. Once we get the activities/meets going. Im sure more will voice there opinions. But right now, its hard to get peeps opinions if they dont know what to say.

Another opinion of mine, is to bump this up everyday, along with the other thread thats posted in the Pacific. And get peeps attention that we are serious about it. The more seriousness we are, the more likely we will get what we ask for. But until then, I think its pre mature.

+1 on the activities, however i do think that it may be a bit premature also. one thing that i'm concerned about is time. it is the the holiday season and getting activities planned will be difficult as people are usually busy on the weekends with family and stuff. however if this were summer i think people would have more time for activities like say cruises to and from bc or wherever in the pnw. if we did have a PNW section i think our "local" scene's would need to grow as well as this would provide more motivation to get large organized meet's between wa/bc. i think shonn along with LEXveryG8 have done a good job keeping people together, at least it seems like it, i have not attended an eas meet but it seems they get together regularly keeping the local wa community connected. i have not really checked out the canada forum to many times accept for recently, how is your guys cl scene up north? being at the bc/wa i have seen that there are quite a few of you guys which is cool. as for me i really need to finish my car..... again..... lol so hopefully by summer i will be more motivated to go to activities and help out more in the PNW cl community.

Last edited by audi2nr; 11-23-08 at 11:27 AM.
Old 11-23-08, 12:12 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

I too agree, that Yogi and Shonn has done a great job on keeping it together, with the WA community. We(EAS) have done a few things at the meets. Like playing pool, go karts, and other fun activities. Its just that we need to keep this going throughout the yr. Rain or shine, there is always something fun to do.

The winter time is where we lack the most. It gets darker sooner, and not many peeps likes to drive in the rain at night.

We could do car wash meets at someones house. DIY's as a group. Pending on what it is. Spontanous meets are good for a quick round up. PM'ing/calling on the phone, is better than posting a topic. More peeps have PM's running to their emails. And Im sure everyone checks their emails. At least I do

I know that a few have my number along with my email addy.

Once we find a set location on where to do weekly meets. Then I think we should keep it there, and not change it every week.

Monthly meets pending on where peeps want it. Thats should be decided as a group.

Last edited by IS3_FTW; 11-23-08 at 12:15 PM.
Old 11-24-08, 06:38 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

So after all that, you guys want to give up.

Alright then.
Old 11-24-08, 07:07 PM
audi2nr
Lexus Test Driver

i don't think anyone saying they wanted to quit, but maybe it's a real difficult time to be trying this again, i do however think we have real good potential.
Old 11-24-08, 10:10 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Faymester
So after all that, you guys want to give up.

Alright then.
I dont want to give up

I just want to show my appreciation to...

ubernoob*Ken is it? I dont remember*, for the decals and all the hard work to get them done, before the meet.
SHONN, for getting the pacific region started, and getting the community together. So we can have this type of discussions.
Yogi, for being a great photographer and getting the EAS started.

Thanks and lets get this off the ground.
Old 11-24-08, 11:44 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

^lol it's David
Old 11-25-08, 02:58 PM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

^^^Yeah, thats what I meant
Old 11-25-08, 11:02 PM
UberNoob