Canada For events in Canada.

So i'm thinking about moving into a truck...

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-08, 11:23 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

^ haha my thoughts exactly...UPass keeps me going in this weather
Old 12-30-08, 12:08 AM
sil-300
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Faymester
Ok, let me see here, things I would like to do to my IS

1) lower it ... so do you want to swap your coilovers for my stock shocks and springs? ... in which case I guess I would want the sways and strut bars as well if I'm trying to increase the handling

2) exhaust system from the headers all the way through to the tail ... I could see this being labour intensive but I have a shop I use

3) after this winter I might need new rims, but you would definitely want to have a look at mine first to see if you would want to swap those

What parts do you think you would like to change? (keeping in mind my car is white and yours is silver)

I don't know how much of that helps with the sale and price of your car ... I'd say your best bet for a quick sale is probably to pull the body kit off
All the suspension bits would be fairly easy. For the exhaust system, the header is a real pain to take out so i would probably prefer to just sell the HKS hi-power rear section. The rims i dont mind selling with or without the new tires (there are a few 'markings' on them, no bends/curbage though)

I also have all the stock parts i need for the things you are inquiring about, so a swap would not be required, just a straight sale i guess.

Fayme, PM me with a budget you had in mind for those parts, and we can discuss from there. I'm trying to determine my budget on my end as well.

BTW, If you are thinking about doing some N/A mods, and are going to eventually get full exhaust - header, racepipe, to cat-back or rear section - i would suggest getting a good tune with something like the safc. I also had an intake at the time i did my tune, and was able to get an extra 8hp and 14 tq while also saving myself 50kms a tank on gas. Good investment imo.
Old 12-30-08, 12:10 AM
sil-300
Rookie

Originally Posted by UberNoob
one little snow storm and suddenly everyone is switching to trucks?

global climate change is a vicious cycle...
i always garage my car during the winter. This is more of a lifestyle change rather than anything else.
Old 12-30-08, 09:11 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by UberNoob
one little snow storm and suddenly everyone is switching to trucks?

global climate change is a vicious cycle...
I didn't switch, I added ...
Old 01-05-09, 09:02 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by sil-300
All the suspension bits would be fairly easy. For the exhaust system, the header is a real pain to take out so i would probably prefer to just sell the HKS hi-power rear section. The rims i dont mind selling with or without the new tires (there are a few 'markings' on them, no bends/curbage though)

I also have all the stock parts i need for the things you are inquiring about, so a swap would not be required, just a straight sale i guess.

Fayme, PM me with a budget you had in mind for those parts, and we can discuss from there. I'm trying to determine my budget on my end as well.

BTW, If you are thinking about doing some N/A mods, and are going to eventually get full exhaust - header, racepipe, to cat-back or rear section - i would suggest getting a good tune with something like the safc. I also had an intake at the time i did my tune, and was able to get an extra 8hp and 14 tq while also saving myself 50kms a tank on gas. Good investment imo.
So, I think I can only do swaps + some $$, I just don't have the cash for straight out purchases. Too bad, I was all excited there for a bit .

GL w. ur sale though . If you end up with any parts left over that you really need to get rid of ...